Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

I have a 50% range high duration Limbo I sometimes use in Arbitration Excavation, but that's about the only reason ever for me to play Limbo.

Oh, I guess he was also fine in my team during Scarlet Spears since most players were using Mesa and freezing the Sentients was very useful.

Overall I dislike Saryn and Mirage a lot more than Limbo. And I hate Khora players that use max range 4 but don't use the whip.

4 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing? After release, Limbo has received several tweaks to his kit and right now he's one of the best frames in the game. With the release of helminth system, his banish now has a functionality where holding the ability key will push all banished targets out of rift. So it's easy to just let the limbo know if you find a banished straggler that they forgot to kill (in the case you don't have any of the high direct damage dealing abilities which work across dimensions with the exception of Ivara's Artemis bow and Gara's splinter storm). 

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). 

Leaving the squad immediately after seeing a Limbo won't solve anything. I'm very much aware that troll Limbos were a thing once and there are plenty of new limbo players. But I've yet to meet a Limbo who intentionally troll squadmates. On the other hand the amount of people who leave squads in fear of a troll Limbo is sky high to say the least. You're wasting three players' time and your own.

An important thing to remember is that for some reason, Limbo can be unlocked very early in game and so there are a lot of new players using Limbo who barely have any idea about his abilities. But it doesn't mean they're all trolls. If they don't listen, you have all the rights to leave cause nobody should have to sacrifice their own enjoyment for someone else (something considerate Limbo mains do on a daily basis I assume). The thing is, it's easy to tell nowadays who's being a troll and who's actually a new player.

Another thing to remember is that Limbo's abilities are almost never required in low level (non sortie or steel path) missions. So just because there's a Limbo in squad, it doesn't mean they're going to use abilities all the time and ruin your experience.

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

A very useful wiki article for new limbo players

EDIT: This post is about cases where the host leaves immediately after seeing a Limbo. Just a clarification, I'm not saying you have to play with bad Limbos or stay and teach them because you're host. But don't assume Limbo = troll as soon as you see one ( before they even had any chance to do anything)

fd7a24d7b6b8050e11c0f81f0d91b8c8.jpg

In most instances I won't even notice there was a limbo on the team..... that said......

I don't leave when I see the Limbo, I leave when the limbo puts up a bubble that covers half the map and then casts stasis. 

Ain't nobody got time for that, unless it's a hard wait out the clock mission, for which killing the enemy has no bearing/effect. 

in my 5 years of playing, I've encountered plenty of bad PUGs, but I've actually never once found a bad Limbo. there was one time in a Mobile Defense that I politley asked them to remove Cataclysm so i could get the Datamass and move on to the next terminal, I said " plz drop rift 1 sec, can't grab the thing", and they obliged, and after that they always dropped the rift as soon as the datamass popped out.

maybe I am just lucky, but no Limbo players have ever annoyed me to the point of wanting to quit. I have encountered toxicity as Limbo once however. nothing to do with bad rift usage, they just said something like "ugh, why you gotta be limbo?" never been an issue after that.

I always leave missions when i see my Limbo, because i can't handle such an op fashionframe.

Imagine if Umbra's scarf was subsumable.

Such a thing can't exist in any of the dimensions and the multitude of its effects would surely add up and lead into a World-wide Cataclysm.

It would be known in history as the Dapper Doom of Dimensions.

This game as we know in this dimension will also be renamed to Scarframe as a result of this interdimensional shift.

I only leave when I see a Max Range Limbo in ESO or Defense waves (with the exception of Sortie type defense because the A.I. of the defense target is a potato).

I also leave when I see a Slowva in the same mission types.

Any other mission type I can get by and even be happy with those two, but in those two specific circumstances they are outright purposeful sabotage of all the other players.

The worst part is I almost never see Rangebo or Slowva in any missions other than ESO and standard Defense.

Eh, leave, see if I care is my thinking. It's not me that has to do without the ability to keep defense targets safe from hostile action and as I make a point of hosting in squads when I dont play solo, I'm not going to have to deal with the ultimate end game boss (Host Migration) when you do leave me. 🤷‍♀️

12 часов назад, (PS4)psycofang сказал:

If youre Limbo main just play alone, the community in general has a history of being stupid and overly hostile even when you never use your powers

They: STOP USING CATACLYSM YOU IDIOT

Me: not even push the 4th button once since mission starts. 

You know its kinda nice seeing this all here. I get to see the people whine about one thing or another, and them trying to validate what they want when in reality, it sounds more like people just aren't good enough to work with another player playing what they enjoy and Telling people what and what not to play. Playing this game, if your advice and reaction to seeing a limbo player is to leave because "boo hoo I don't like that frame", or "oh they are built this way, blah blah blah" then it just shows the lack of flexibility in how one plays, in a game that the whole point is the flexibility. 

And this is a point I want to make for all frames not just Limbo(one of my mains)

Just now, (XB1)Random Brit7900 said:

The comments are just filled with 5 year olds whining about somebody else’s play style.

”Waaah limbo waaaah must leave waaah” 

Grow up. Learn to deal with it. 

Hello Reddit!
Looks like you forgot the fact that people can CHOOSE to stay in a mission with a team/frame they want to play with or not, which is by design. Whoops! Now, no need to thank me, I'm just doing my job to make sure you don't sound like an baby while you tell others to "grow up"! Happy posting, Tenno!
hello reddit : fivenightsatfreddys1643 × 1217

14 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing? After release, Limbo has received several tweaks to his kit and right now he's one of the best frames in the game. With the release of helminth system, his banish now has a functionality where holding the ability key will push all banished targets out of rift. So it's easy to just let the limbo know if you find a banished straggler that they forgot to kill (in the case you don't have any of the high direct damage dealing abilities which work across dimensions with the exception of Ivara's Artemis bow and Gara's splinter storm). 

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). 

Leaving the squad immediately after seeing a Limbo won't solve anything. I'm very much aware that troll Limbos were a thing once and there are plenty of new limbo players. But I've yet to meet a Limbo who intentionally troll squadmates. On the other hand the amount of people who leave squads in fear of a troll Limbo is sky high to say the least. You're wasting three players' time and your own.

An important thing to remember is that for some reason, Limbo can be unlocked very early in game and so there are a lot of new players using Limbo who barely have any idea about his abilities. But it doesn't mean they're all trolls. If they don't listen, you have all the rights to leave cause nobody should have to sacrifice their own enjoyment for someone else (something considerate Limbo mains do on a daily basis I assume). The thing is, it's easy to tell nowadays who's being a troll and who's actually a new player.

Another thing to remember is that Limbo's abilities are almost never required in low level (non sortie or steel path) missions. So just because there's a Limbo in squad, it doesn't mean they're going to use abilities all the time and ruin your experience.

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

A very useful wiki article for new limbo players

EDIT: This post is about cases where the host leaves immediately after seeing a Limbo. Just a clarification, I'm not saying you have to play with bad Limbos or stay and teach them because you're host. But don't assume Limbo = troll as soon as you see one ( before they even had any chance to do anything)

I cannot count how many times I started a friendly chat with a Limbo player, telling him his Cataclysm prevents us from killing enemies, accessing consoles, interacting with certain environmental things... it is simply getting tiresome. Some Players react in a positive way, but the majority tells you stuff like "Don´t tell me how to play" or something worse.

So you expect people to do tedious things just to tell Limbo-players that they are messing up their game? And that we waste everyone´s time by leaving? What about OUR time? Do we need to have a 5 minute argument everytime a Limbo joins the party?

Some guys really know how to play him and then play very well, but it´s really one of the most complicated or complex frames in the game and most people just have no idea what they´re doing. 

Another thing is that I personally absolutely hate being inside a Cataclysm bubble. Everything is washed out, contrasts are burnt, sounds appear like far away or under water. It´s hard to see certain effects on enemies.

I´m one of the players who usually leave a party with a Limbo straight away because it´s the most tedious thing to start "the talk" over and over again.

I generally dont leave when i see a limbo. But i will usually bail when the mission lets me when someone is basically making said mission take far longer. The usual frames that do this are khora, limbo and vauban when played poorly. Khora and vauban tend to get enemies stuck in walls all over the place if they have too much range. And limbo is a pain with the cataclysm. Tho if im on titania then cataclysm is more fun since exhalted weapons can shoot through the rift.

The most common time I leave is is when I've got speed nova and someone else has brought growing power.

The second most common way for me to flat out alt-F4 is when someone brings wisp or valkyr (and now, anyone else who's using an assimilated warcry). High attack speed breaks polearms (and dual swords), this started a year ago, I reported it, kept the thread bumped for half a year and it was completely ignored. I'm not sticking around when my squadmates are a bigger danger than the enemies.

I saw a new player using limbo in Hydron once.

instead of being a crybaby and leaving I kindly asked him to stop using his max range cata on the pod every 5 seconds cuz he had no duration.

Then I kindly explained to him the ways of the negative range max duration mob def beast limbo can be, the tactical ways of spy limbo with the stealth parazon mod and that the only 2 good use cases of max range limbo are locking all the spawns in interception (non corpus) and for that 1 index nightwave challenge.

Xaku kicked limbo out of the crate smashing big leagues so I didn't mention that.

Gotta teach them while they're new. Also if the guy was a d-bag he would have just ignored me when I asked him to stop in the first place. That's why I took my time eplaining the rest cuz I knew he would listen.

It's not the limbo's fault, it's the limbo player!

16 hours ago, Hardwood said:

Limbo is a pain in the ass and while you are within your rights to play him I am within my rights to not play with him.

GtnKWXc.gif

The fact people have to be told this at all is depressing.

Look, if you want to play the Warframe that randomly makes select enemies invulnerable, go right ahead. Until DE just makes it so attacking an enemy puts you into the Rift I don't see how it's fair for you to complain when your mere presence forces me to acclimate to your playstyle and rules when no other Warframe forces me to do much of anything. Hydroid did that with Undertow and they removed it, Nyx used to do that with Mind Control, it wasn't okay then, it's not okay now, that's why mind-controlled enemies don't hold back the mission. If you bring a max range Limbo to a Corpus Defense, I'm sorry, but I'm not wasting my time. If you Subsume Banish onto any Warframe and just leave them there for me to deal with I'm not sure why you'd expect me not to get aggravated. I shouldn't have to tell people to stop playing a Warframe a certain way, or to build a certain way, in order to not slow down the mission. 

Yes, I know I can roll out of the Rift. Yes, I know I can kill enemies with abilities. Yes, I know I can tail Limbo and enter the Rift that way. I. Don't. Care. Why is it okay for Limbo to be a CC-only Warframe with some super strong upsides and horrific downsides that can easily force you into his style when Warframe is a team-based, or solo, video game that doesn't make a point of employing that kind of play?

It's unnecessary, it's annoying, and above all else, it is inexcusable. The core aspect of Limbo being a "solo" Warframe has never changed despite all of his Reworks and touch-ups over the years, and that's why people still hate playing with him. It's not because he isn't a good Warframe in general, it's not because we hate his goofy hat, it's not because we just find it funny to hate him. We hate Limbo because his kit hates us.

Teammates should be nothing but a boon to the squad, they should never be able to hinder you. Other Warframes that do something similar to Limbo are not exempt from this either, but we bring up Limbo as the prime example for obvious reasons. Nova has ways around her kit to make the mission faster, Wisp can just refuse to use the Shock Mote, but Limbo? You can't exactly not use the Rift when it's inherently tied to his entire kit. 

I utterly despise Limbo, and I don't care how effective he is against Grineer, if they had a nullification unit he'd be going in the trash right along with Hydroid because he'd only be good for objective defense. I don't care how good he is at Mobile Defense, that gamemode is a joke and takes ten minutes to complete on average, and plenty of other Warframes do something similar WITHOUT screwing with me.

If I have to hate Limbo as much as Gears hates Revenant, so be it, I'll die on this hill until they make Limbo an actually team-centric Warframe.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

If I have to hate Limbo as much as Gears hates Revenant, so be it, I'll die on this hill until they make Limbo an actually team-centric Warframe.

You do realize you're asking a whole frame be changed to suit your needs?

There is no I in team, neither the limbo has to adapt to your playstyle nor you to his, you have to find a way to work together, that's what the word team means.

5 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

There is no I in team, neither the limbo has to adapt to your playstyle nor you to his, you have to find a way to work together, that's what the word team means.

No, I'm asking for Limbo to just pull me into the Rift automatically when I attack an enemy, and back out when I'm not.

Nothing would need to be changed about Limbo or his playstyle, but now he can do what he wants, and I can do what I want, without either of us making each others lives harder.

I don't see how that's anything but a positive.

Also, Warframe is a video game, not a group project. We don't need to directly work together much at all, and I like it that way, but when we do we can do a lot better. I should be unhindered alone, or in a specific group, when it comes to Limbo and every other Warframe.

Firstly, if people don't want to play with Limbo or any other frame, why force them? I play Limbo and can easily solo any mission I take him into, couldn't care less if people stay or leave.

Secondly, you can now put Banish on any frame. Nowhere is safe. Enjoy. ^_^

22 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Is that much better than asking a whole team to have to play around Limbo instead?

I've got nothing against Limbo players, but the issue I do take is people who aren't acutely aware of how invasive Limbo can be to other people, and finding good Limbo players is about as likely as finding water in a desert at the end of a rainbow on February 29th.

I've never quit a mission because of another player's frame choice. That said, I think I might subconsciously hate Limbo. For the longest time I was unable to roll (it was the one maneuver I never used and I kept thinking the button combo was 'tap movement key' rather than shift), which gave me a bad impression, but that wasn't the real issue. It was the fact that I'm 1400 hours in and have only ever once (to my memory) seen Limbo used appropriately. A random Limbo gave our Mobile Defence target a perfect defence, and I remember thinking "Oh, so THIS is what a Limbo is meant to be used for!" Total lightbulb moment. Because every other Limbo I'd seen had largely not been used appropriately. Not even trolling, usually, just blatantly unhelpful contributions. I mainly prefer movement-heavy missions when I can get them (Capture, Exterminate, Sabotage), and a Limbo in those missions rarely spells good news, particularly if it's a rift mission where you want to kill absolutely every enemy you can manage easily.

I guess fundamentally the issue is that it's an 'advantage at a price' frame....but the price is paid by teammates who didn't ask for it. It's opt-out rather than opt-in. The ability to hang up a phone doesn't mean telemarketers aren't annoying.

To this day, Limbo's mission is the only Quest I've never completed. In retrospect, this might be why I never ended up learning I was doing rolls wrongly, but the bad impression was already long in place by the time I'd done all the other easy missions.

I play shooters because I like to use snipers, I hate Limbo because he denies me sight lines, and forces me to either stand in his bubble or position around this giant bubble I can’t shoot through. Other people playing Limbo affects my gameplay more than the Frame I chose to play.

You can’t force people to tolerate something.

Archived