Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

6 hours ago, 32768 said:

I don't leave when I see limbo, I block that person and afk until mission ends.

If the Limbo player is using skills correctly, then you become the problem player by doing nothing to help your team.

I've played some pub games with a Limbo in the group and they seemed ok at the time though reading this thread you lot have had some shocker rounds. 

There was one time back when the Wolf of Saturn Six spawned in on Hydron, I was helping out some new players (for support keeping the low level players alive, I was a high MR compared to them, MR29 now) the Limbo player kept putting up what Limbo's do thinking it would stop the Wolf, it just made it horrible to kill the Wolf, I asked the new player over chat to please stop doing it and they stopped, I killed the Wolf for them he dropped parts, then a Stalker showed up, they got some gear that day.  sorry for rambling on I'm old

TL;DR I play Limbo in missions that I think need it, mostly Solo though.

I never leave mission because of any frame in a pub game, I just adapt.

On 2020-09-12 at 12:42 PM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). 

As Limbo I have been called out on using Cataclysm even with minimum range, literally the usual build for fixed defense targets, at this point is just hating on him for the sake of fitting in or something.

Good limbo, I stay. Bad limbo, I leave when I can. But then it doesn't really matter what frame someone else is using. If they're inconsiderate I'm not going to let them ruin my enjoyment of the game. 

On the other hand, some people are just new. In that case I'll usually help them if I can. 

On 2020-09-13 at 6:08 AM, Askell91 said:

Nah, Limbo mains can burn in hell. Btw they say the guy who made Limbo's kit is still laughing at us...

aQ3z5yz_460s.jpg

🤣🤣🤣

LMAO!!!  

Yeah ok here'e the deal (my opinion of course)...

Most players, especially new players, are clueless on how to play Limbo well.
I remember when I first started playing the DE tag line was "Do not start with Loki - get good at other warframes first because Loki's powers can be confusing."
Well that ship has sailed and this same suggestion verbiage REALLY needs to be reassessed and appointed to Limbo.  
Better yet, lets make Limbo MR 14 - both regular and Prime - so players have some more experience before they are even allowed to play Limbo.

A badly played Limbo (sadly WAY too common) is a downright Pain In The Behind to the other players.  That is a well-established fact.

That said, there ARE times when Limbo does indeed SHINE as a magnificent frame:
-- Solo Rescue Missions - even in Steel Path - where Banish will keep your hostage alive
-- Scarlet Spear - he became truly invaluable to have in your squad if you did Space with a massive Cataclysm
-- Other single-goal missions where a Stealth frame is normally used like Sabotage where you just run to the goal, Un-Rift & do the thing, then back in the rift and leave.

It is true that for single-goal missions (as opposed to ongoing like Defense or Survival) Limbo makes it EASY for player to run these missions SOLO.  Well most of the time anyway.  

In almost 5 years of playing I have only ever met ONE SINGLE PERSON who played Limbo like an all-out PRO.  It was when we were farming Grendel parts, and I have never before nor since seen anyone so beautifully wield the entirety of Limbo's kit as well as this guy did.  No joke and no exaggeration.  Instant Warframe Friend!  I was so impressed I begged him to join our clan to teach others his technique.

So bottom line is that - as DE said many times - the variety of Warframes are like a Swiss Army Knife.  Not every Frame / Tool in the knife is appropriate for every circumstance / mission.  Limbo is VERY situation-specific, and if the situation is right then he is magnificent.  If the situation is wrong (which sadly is most cases) then he tends to severely hinder the party.

Someone should write a post specifically about "Good & Bad Limbo Techniques."  🙂

24 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I will never understand going into pugs as Limbo. Your party will literally get in your way, ruin everything and then whine. 

Why do that to yourselves? Just... play a braindead frame in pugs like Saryn / Ember / Vauban or something. 

If you wanna be cheeky use Xaku or Gause. 

Gauss... "I run, I crash, I killy-smash!"  🤪
(*p.s. just fyi I love Gauss, but his dynamic is hysterical you gotta admit*)

On 2020-09-12 at 10:42 AM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

This post is about cases where the host leaves immediately after seeing a Limbo.

No offense to you... Your idea seems stressful and divisive.

You do realize that you are asking that those players give Limbos the benefit of the doubt at first glance as opposed to deciding to doubt the benefit and leave immediately instead, right?

Isn't it, ultimately, better for that player to leave at mission start than spend the whole mission waiting for that Limbo to do something they don't like and use that as validation for why they avoid them to begin with? 

I'd, personally, rather that player just skedaddled as opposed to choosing to remain in the mission looking for something to fuss at (or browbeat) me about.

I would rather they rework the rift mechanics from the ground up to not be so anti-coop. Make cataclysm work like snowglobe, make banished enemies basically run around and attack but do no damage, make sending yourself to the rift a form of mutual invincibility except versus banished targets so you can be selective to take out only who you need to , and make it so you can't banish allies or allies in the rift are only held for a short period and they get some sort of notification on how to leave the rift.

You shouldn't need a tutorial on how to play the game when a specific ally is on your team. So many times I have had wasted a magazine of my ogris before realizing it was a banished enemy, then going to shoot at other stuff, and then get distracted by either that same enemy or another random banished enemy.

After so long not leaving intentionally on a mission, I did it a couple days ago. It was profit taker mission. I am host as I forgot to switch to solo. Others joined in, and one was this limbo.

Thing is, this limbo cast max range cataclysm right below the orb and the sits on the top of a cliff nearby, not doing anything. At first I was okay with it, I can stroll out of the bubble and shoot outside, perhaps he forgot that this mission not gonna run smoothly with max range bubbles.... then once the  bubble timer ran out, he casted again, then again, then again. Me and other 2 players can't hit anything. Tried talking but no response (hint: Asia region, most of the speaks in *****, wonder if they understand what I wrote)

After a couple more minutes struggling, I decided it's a waste of time because of this bubble BS and left. It was phase 3 when the timer starts. Finished the orb alone

There's always a good reason to leave the mission when a limbo joins and it's not MD or defection

1 hour ago, (PS4)BMWWOW said:

Gauss... "I run, I crash, I killy-smash!"  🤪
(*p.s. just fyi I love Gauss, but his dynamic is hysterical you gotta admit*)

Ive been playing Gauss and Protea a lot lately.

I honestly have no idea why. I guess its to take a break from Limbo / Harrow / Wisp as all 3 are stupidly powerful. 

En 12/9/2020 a las 20:26, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg dijo:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

If it happens to you so much, its in your power to prevent it: don't play public, or don't play limbo. 

Just because people does not appreciate such a powerful frame? Meh, its their problem, not Limbo's problem. Im main Valkyr and Mag, but I spent a whole month learning Limbo in depth, and he is... wow. People should do the same, instead of running away like cowards.

A lot of frames can turn out to be trolls and ruin your experience, but experiencing the behaviour described in the OP is the reason I stopped playing Limbo to the point I even forgot how to use it properly.

Edit: To be fair, DE #*!%ing with the frame and creating enemies that ignore it's mechanics played an equal part in the reason I don't use it anymore.

I hate people when they leave and no Limbo in sight. Players are bunch of crybabies. Play SOLO then or accept others loadout. I don't mind if others using Mesa/Saryn/ Limbo/Nova if i can handle the situation. You have to up to everything, not just whine you can use your sh**y meta build with that riven you bought for 900 plat. If you want a teamplay squad, you just hit the recruit. You have options, dont screw people over with that host migrations, because your likings. I usually stay, even we fail. I only quit after we extracted. Be adaptive, not Meta. You don't need to be the top DPS and everything in a squad. Banishing Limbo is quite annoying, but hey champ, you can dodge roll and you out of the rift. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Ive been playing Gauss and Protea a lot lately.

I honestly have no idea why. I guess its to take a break from Limbo / Harrow / Wisp as all 3 are stupidly powerful. 

Try using Gauss with a Melee destroy build on his maximum overdrive in ESO.... more kills per second than Volt Speed.  Like crazy mad fast.  🙂
And Protea is a LOT of fun.  Much more than I expected.  aka Ms Grenade Spamlot  😁

55 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Just because people does not appreciate such a powerful frame? Meh, its their problem, not Limbo's problem. Im main Valkyr and Mag, but I spent a whole month learning Limbo in depth, and he is... wow. People should do the same, instead of running away like cowards.

Not sure if I am interpreting you correctly.... but it sounds like you are saying you took the time to really get good with Limbo.  Yes I agree that is what people need to do instead of assuming they understand his powers right away.  However, the people running away are not the bad Limbo players, but rather people who are tried of bad Limbo players.  It is not their responsibility to wait around for everyone to learn to play Limbo properly.  More often than not Limbo is NOT played well.  Kudos that you personally took the time to not be one of those annoying Limbos and instead tackled Limbo's complications.

Because limbo is unnecessary and alot of frames can bring the same utility/CC he does with none of the downsides.  I don't leave missions with limbo's but alot of them do make me grumble.

• Titania (~250% range) w/ lantern can lock-down enormous areas with multiple lanterns (and imo makes a mockery of limbo's 'defense expertise')
    • Enormous areas as in if it's in LoS and an enemy is there, now there is a ~60m radius 0 enemy aggro zone
      • As in you can turn entire open world areas into a 'safe space' where allies are free pick off any enemies that somehow don't die to lantern
  • Frost
    • It's important to note that before limbo frost was hated for the LoS, limbo added a few more reasons.
  • Vaubaun
  • Khora
  • Gara
  • Loki
    • Disarm build, good for all non-infested missions
  • Octavia
    • Range build/Keep resonator near defense target
  • Nyx chaos

Also on that note, I dislike it when I join sorties and people want to change their load-outs every mission.  (Like insisting they need to play Loki/Ivara/Ash/limbo/etc for spy and then needing to swap to Favorite frame X for exterminate)

Archived