Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

On 2020-09-13 at 5:42 AM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

A very useful wiki article for new limbo players

Limbo has had several reworks and retools, each time he does, he gets more versatile and less 'trolly' - he's an absolutely fantastic frame for endgame/high-end content and I frequently use him to carry lesser equipped/experienced players through content they'd otherwise struggle with.

That said, you will *never* convince the thick-headed players amongst the community that he isn't the devil - they're still set in their ways and absolutely ignorant of *all* changes made to him over the years. They're the equivalent of a kid sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling 'LA, LA, LA, I'M NOT LISTENING!' This same topic pops up at least once every 3-5 months, and the same replies always come in about why people hate Limbo and won't play with one.

Things that have changed that mean (outside of a +range, +duration inexperienced player) he is no longer a barrier to gameplay:

• Holding 1 removes the Banish effect (new)
  • Players who have been Banished can tap Shift to immediately exit the Rift - even if it was them who walked in to it themselves by following Limbo after he dashes.
  • The Haven augment actually makes Limbo a very effective healer and one of *very few* frames capable of healing NPCs in Defection mode - he's arguably the best of them because he also makes the NPCs completely immune to everything whilst also healing them.
  • His 2 no longer freezes player projectiles
  • Powers damage enemies through Rift states
  • Energy regenerates faster in the Rift, making him Mesa and Excal's best friend as they can stop worrying about taking damage/mitigation with CC and just go hog
  • Any interactable (Lift controls, mobile defense terminals, hacking panels) object can still be interacted with even inside of Cataclysm by using Spoiler Mode.
  • Power Cells/Datamasses can be picked up even inside of Cataclysm now
  • He can now use powers like Pull or Larva with the Helminth system to remove the one annoyance of enemies getting AI stuck on the edge of Cataclysm so they're constantly flickering between Rift/Normal - just grab and yank them all in or out at your leisure.
  • You only really need 2 builds with minimal investment to do *all* content in the game; 278 dur/130 eff/49 rng/100 str - gives you a small but long lasting bubble just the right size to cover a defense/mobile defense/excavation objective and nothing else, plus Banish a Rescue NPC for a full 69.5 seconds (long enough to get to extraction). 207 dur/100 eff/280 rng/40 str - allows you to cover 3 Interception nodes (4 on some maps) for a minute with Cata and Stasis for 30 secs at a time. Infuse Perspicacity on Build 1 and he will also autohack the rescue terminals in Sorties, Infuse Larva on Build 2 and he becomes the defacto Steel Path cover-all; just give him a heavy attack Stropha or Redeemer paired with whatever high performing Primary and Secondary you want and go to town. I've been using him for solo Steel Path bounty farming on Deimos to great effect. Caps your standing out with ease daily. Your third build loadout can be for Cata-Bombing on Syndicate missions/resource runs in open-world or a Rift Surge build with high str to do even more damage - extremely versatile frame.

Am 14.9.2020 um 08:03 schrieb Dreadlox:

I hate people when they leave and no Limbo in sight. Players are bunch of crybabies. Play SOLO then or accept others loadout. I don't mind if others using Mesa/Saryn/ Limbo/Nova if i can handle the situation. You have to up to everything, not just whine you can use your sh**y meta build with that riven you bought for 900 plat. If you want a teamplay squad, you just hit the recruit. You have options, dont screw people over with that host migrations, because your likings. I usually stay, even we fail. I only quit after we extracted. Be adaptive, not Meta. You don't need to be the top DPS and everything in a squad. Banishing Limbo is quite annoying, but hey champ, you can dodge roll and you out of the rift. 

owl jelly GIF

i heard they want to rework limbo and bring back the perm banish bulS#&$ that cause so many players to leave missions because of limbo perm banishing them while they have the key keeping them from using it on MD targets..now they want to make it so you can not dodge role out of banish D: (DE says in case a player wants to stay in it and is removed accidentally >.>)

limbo puts player in Banish.... then decides to go AFK D: lets see how many players rage hard over that bs as de wants to make it so limbo only one that can un banish anything .... why would anyone be ok with this?

On 2020-09-12 at 12:42 PM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

when i play a limbo in a mission i will try not to hit allies but they often forget to remember banish has area of effect so it could hit them.
then they forget :O you can roll an get out of being banished.
they also dont know that a limbo bubble doesnt act like a frost bubble so you can shoot the enemies on the other side that are not in the bubble.
limbo is a pretty good frame when its used in missions that his rift abilities can be useful but due to so many trolls have made everyone think a limbo is a troll.
i might troll friends in a mission but its mostly when were at the end of the mission an its not affecting them at all
being in the rift is a energy regen passive which can be doubled up with the zenruik energy bubble, but people who hate limbo dont' understand that.
overall limbo haters don't understand his kit an so many other frames that people think are S#&$ty an not to there taste. will never understand the ability of other frames as they are too dead set on only wanting to know about one frame an limiting there ability to play the game

anything i can do to discourage people from playing limbo or encourage a limbo ability rework is ok in my book. i have a minimum range max duration limbo build to trivialise mobile defense and thats all ill ever use that frame for.

no frame should have such control over teammate's gameplay. if theres a limbo that uses abilities in my squad and i feel like using my weapons im absolutely going to leave and lowkey hope i start a host migration because im a terrible person

Understanding and playing around limbos mechanics are apprently hard for some people , sadly theyll never end because thats how fast paced bite-sized warframe style of gaming work ! If you see anything that requires connecting 2 dots you leave ! me shoot not think for a second and roll or if somethings inside the rift not using my abilities to kill the target but cry that i cant melee it to deth ! So much rocket science i cant handle it , DE remove !!!  /s

1 minute ago, killerJoke66 said:

Understanding and playing around limbos mechanics are apprently hard for some people , sadly theyll never end because thats how fast paced bite-sized warframe style of gaming work ! If you see anything that requires connecting 2 dots you leave ! me shoot not think for a second and roll or if somethings inside the rift not using my abilities to kill the target but cry that i cant melee it to deth !!! /s

if rolling once permanently stopped you from entering the rift and permanently allowed your weapons to ignore the rift then that'd be cool and id have nothing to hate limbo for. there is a good reason limbo in particular gets a disproportionate amount of hate though. he constantly interrupts teammates' gameplay in really annoying ways and the more you utilize his kit, the worse it gets for teammates. that is poor frame design. no way around it.

On 2020-09-12 at 1:42 PM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

I've noticed, a surprisingly large amount of people still leave missions when they see a Limbo. Why is this still a thing? After release, Limbo has received several tweaks to his kit and right now he's one of the best frames in the game. [1] With the release of helminth system, his banish now has a functionality where holding the ability key will push all banished targets out of rift. So it's easy to just let the limbo know if you find a banished straggler that they forgot to kill (in the case you don't have any of the high direct damage dealing abilities which work across dimensions with the exception of Ivara's Artemis bow and Gara's splinter storm). 

The other way Limbo can disrupt game play is by using rift surge and large cataclysms everywhere. Kindly use the squad chat to tell them that you don't like it and it's disruptive in squads if used carelessly (dancing around the edge of the cataclysm is also a good way to avoid being blocked). [2]

Leaving the squad immediately after seeing a Limbo won't solve anything. [3] I'm very much aware that troll Limbos were a thing once and there are plenty of new limbo players. But I've yet to meet a Limbo who intentionally troll squadmates. On the other hand the amount of people who leave squads in fear of a troll Limbo is sky high to say the least. You're wasting three players' time and your own.

An important thing to remember is that for some reason, Limbo can be unlocked very early in game and so there are a lot of new players using Limbo who barely have any idea about his abilities. [4] But it doesn't mean they're all trolls. If they don't listen, you have all the rights to leave cause nobody should have to sacrifice their own enjoyment for someone else (something considerate Limbo mains do on a daily basis I assume). The thing is, it's easy to tell nowadays who's being a troll and who's actually a new player.

Another thing to remember is that Limbo's abilities are almost never required in low level (non sortie or steel path) missions. So just because there's a Limbo in squad, it doesn't mean they're going to use abilities all the time and ruin your experience. [5]

TL;DR -  troll Limbo is an extinct species, stop leaving squads immediately when you see Limbo and try to understand some basics of the frame so you can help yourself and new players. Instead of running away, you should be approaching menacingly.

EDIT: This post is about cases where the host leaves immediately after seeing a Limbo. Just a clarification, I'm not saying you have to play with bad Limbos or stay and teach them because you're host. But don't assume Limbo = troll as soon as you see one ( before they even had any chance to do anything)

[1] - Individual tips and tricks are irrelevant. Limbo's problems are systemic, frame-wide, historical, broad and fundamental to his theme (the rift). You are not helping anything by telling people to roll out of rift, by saying stasis doesn't stop bullets anymore, or by saying that un-banishing mobs is easy. There will never be enough single-issue reworks and workarounds. Limbo's core nature is disruptive.

[2] - Due to Limbo's history, he has tended to attract the worst type of player to "main" him. Lazy leeches, griefers, control freaks of all kinds. It's never a good experience interacting with a frequent Limbo player. You usually don't get what you ask from them, because of their ego and pride as Limbo mains. I have many first-hand experiences that support this impression.

[3] - It absolutely will. It will make me happy and avoid conflict. It will make the mission go smoothly and be fun when I get a Limbo-free squad.

BTW: you "have yet to meet a troll Limbo" because you ARE the Limbo...

[4] - First of all, a frame being disruptive in the hands of a beginner is a problem in and of itself. It goes back to what I said before: Limbo's core nature is disruptive. The rift is simply unacceptable a power to have in a squad.

Secondly, Limbo mains such as yourself have a tendency to greatly underestimate people's intelligence. Limbo is more complicated than the average frame, but he isn't some kind of inscrutable art form that requires a Ph.D. in quantum physics to play properly. Have you considered that maybe people pretend to be new at Limbo to get away with griefing with it more?

[5] - As mentionned in point [2], I avoid Limbo for social reasons, not just game mechanical reasons. When the sight of a Limbo kills my fun, why shouldn't it be my right as a player to interrupt my mission and go somewhere else? You wanting to force people to play with you kind of reinforces the Limbo image here...

As I've said before, you won't catch me dead or alive playing with a Limbo. That won't change even under threat of a permanent ban, nor will any kind of rework change my mind. The cultural and social damage has been done. It's too late for DE to do anything, and I don't even think they want to do anything.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (XB1)ShadowBlood89:

they also dont know that a limbo bubble doesnt act like a frost bubble so you can shoot the enemies on the other side that are not in the bubble.

limbo haters don't understand his kit an so many other frames that people think are S#&$ty an not to there taste. will never understand the ability of other frames as they are too dead set on only wanting to know about one frame an limiting there ability to play the game

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

9 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

you can roll an get out of being banished.

Limbo's should have to roll and do a spin of at least 720 degrees to use abilities.

In a super fast paced game it's one thing if your abilities change the engagement.  It's another thing entirely if from out of nowhere it is forcibly changed on you with no indication.

All enemies have animations that tell you what they are doing.  It's easy to recognize a Hyekka Master summoning adds, a Drahk boomeranging your weapon, a scorpion scorpioning, a ballista sniping, etc, etc.

But you know what doesn't have an indicator?  BANISH.  From a 'teammate' nonetheless.

1 hour ago, zehne said:

Limbo's should have to roll and do a spin of at least 720 degrees to use abilities.

In a super fast paced game it's one thing if your abilities change the engagement.  It's another thing entirely if from out of nowhere it is forcibly changed on you with no indication.

All enemies have animations that tell you what they are doing.  It's easy to recognize a Hyekka Master summoning adds, a Drahk boomeranging your weapon, a scorpion scorpioning, a ballista sniping, etc, etc.

But you know what doesn't have an indicator?  BANISH.  From a 'teammate' nonetheless.

If you don't know how to tell when you're in the rift you haven't played with Limbo's enough. :tongue:

Barrel roll, that makes me think of the A-Team when Murdock did a barrel roll in the blackhawk while escaping, funny movie.

12 hours ago, fiye said:

anything i can do to discourage people from playing limbo or encourage a limbo ability rework is ok in my book. i have a minimum range max duration limbo build to trivialise mobile defense and thats all ill ever use that frame for.

no frame should have such control over teammate's gameplay. if theres a limbo that uses abilities in my squad and i feel like using my weapons im absolutely going to leave and lowkey hope i start a host migration because im a terrible person

Majority bully the minority it seems, theres alot of frames that influence a teams playstyle. Limbos stasis is effective at what it does but unpopular. Speed nova in def also forces team to adjust to a certain playstyle as well. But since its popular you dont get jumpers who quit on sight, or demands for reworks.

On 2020-09-12 at 6:51 PM, PookieNumnums said:

Because people dont like other players controlling who and when they can kill. Nor do they like enemeis being frozen completely who arent a direct threat to mission objectives. 

This!
Just because you know how to play him, doesn´t mean others do..And for experience (+1700 hours), ist b etter to leave...
I see a Limbo, i extract..

Limbo defenders are utterly missing the point.

Limbo is fundamentally disruptive. I don't care if I call roll or if my bullets aren't frozen or if there are tertiary advantages to being in a rift. Changing things to make him less awful to play with does not remove the base line level of awfulness.

You are asking people to put up with a tedious disruption that limits their fun for no actual, tangible gain and we're supposed to be OK with it because it used to be a lot worse.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Majority bully the minority it seems, theres alot of frames that influence a teams playstyle. Limbos stasis is effective at what it does but unpopular. Speed nova in def also forces team to adjust to a certain playstyle as well. But since its popular you dont get jumpers who quit on sight, or demands for reworks.

you are absolutely right. the majority of players dislike limbo in particular out of all the frames. now if only de would rework the frame to address that.

On 2020-09-12 at 6:42 PM, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

Jesus...!!
Do you think we are morrons?? So you are saying, because we leave a mission when we see a Limbo, its because we dont know how to play him? We don't understand his "kit"? Lmao!! You are funny.....rerally funny guy....
Geezzezz...You are so full of it..!! I bet we play him much better than you! What made you think you are a awsome Limbo player? Because you press 4 and 2? some youtube video made you a Pro??LMAO!
We leave, not because we don´t understand him..We leave, because we know the majority of players, Dont know how to use him, and theiy are gonna screw the missions for us.. And i know this for experience.. i have plus 1700 hours, and is rare to enconter a Limbo player, that knows how to use him...I prefer to leave and restart, than to have to deal with bad players that kill effeciency in a Squad.
You talk like a real noo...., its easy to see your lack of experience in this matter...
Sorry for the salt, but you deserved that.. Should be carefull whit your assumptions....

Yes you can counteract many things limbo does but that's not the issue, the issue is having to do anything at all about it. Every limbo action requires a counter action, so you're fighting the bad limbo player more than the enemies. For many missions there is also very little reason to bring a limbo and even less for a high range limbo.

13 hours ago, killerJoke66 said:

Understanding and playing around limbos mechanics are apprently hard for some people , sadly theyll never end because thats how fast paced bite-sized warframe style of gaming work ! If you see anything that requires connecting 2 dots you leave ! me shoot not think for a second and roll or if somethings inside the rift not using my abilities to kill the target but cry that i cant melee it to deth ! So much rocket science i cant handle it , DE remove !!!  /s

Give this man a NOBEL! He must be so smart!! He solved the mistery of Limbos hate! its because we are bad players, and Limbo mains are the best ones! They are the special ones!
Problem solved!
Everybody (except Limbo Mains) need to Git Gud!!
Thanks Einstein! You are the one, our "Neo"!
Oh my..why do i waste time here.....Need to get a life....

So what's the counterplay to a high range/duration Cataclysm + Stasis since that seems to be the topic right now?

Especially when it is in a tileset where enemies spawn on the outer edges of the tile, which makes players need to run around like idiots to kill frozen enemies in every cardinal direction?

36 minutes ago, Aldain said:

So what's the counterplay to a high range/duration Cataclysm + Stasis since that seems to be the topic right now?

Especially when it is in a tileset where enemies spawn on the outer edges of the tile, which makes players need to run around like idiots to kill frozen enemies in every cardinal direction?

well, Warframe is fundamentally a game about running around (possibly, "like idiots") and killing enemies. If you expect to finish missions by simply standing in one place - one could argue that your playstyle is the problem, not Limbo's.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

well, Warframe is fundamentally a game about running around (possibly, "like idiots") and killing enemies. If you expect to finish missions by simply standing in one place - one could argue that your playstyle is the problem, not Limbo's.

Having to chase down immobile enemies isn't the same thing as letting the enemy come to you, especially when the area of frozen enemies is the size of some larger tiles.

Moving around is all well and good, but not to chase after enemies which are eternally frozen in place over a 60m distance from each other.

Archived