Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

i only ever leave a mission if its Hydron and there is a limbo. they usually cast their bubble and lock enemies, they don't take it down most of the time either.

i play in Asia region and not all understand English so it becomes explicitly hard to tell them to stop what they are doing, better leave than become an English teacher

42 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Moving around is all well and good, but not to chase after enemies which are eternally frozen in place over a 60m distance from each other.

Which mission type are you talking about?

Exterminate? You have to chase after enemies anyway, makes it easier if they don't run away

Mob.Def./Excavation/Interception/Rescue/Hijack/Defection: if they are not moving, they are not doing anything. clear the immediate target area and let the other ones just stand there.

Disruption: the bubble only lasts until the first demolisher, since they all have nullifying auras.

Survival: never understood the "stand in one place and keep pressing one button" style of doing survival missions. While you can last for a long time doing that, it just isn't fun! And if you're moving about anyway, then Limbo-s bubble is not really a problem

SO/ESO: why would you take Limbo to ESO? Do people even do that? I guess that might be annoying. But throwing a fit and leaving sounds like a bit of an overreaction.

Defense (except Hydron): I guess max range/duration Limbo would be annoying on a low-level defense mission. But why are you even doing low-level defense missions (except Hydron)? On mid- and high-level defense missions (Scarlet Spear, stationary-target sorties, Steel Path), Limbo can actually be really helpful, despite some players still throwing a tantrum when they see one.

And if all of this is about Hydron - then I'd suggest you occasionally do some other missions. While seeing your Mastery Point number increase is cool and all, there are plenty of other things to do in this game.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

makes it easier if they don't run away

if they are not moving, they are not doing anything. clear the immediate target area and let the other ones just stand there

3 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

it just isn't fun

You speak of fun whilst proposing things that are entirely not fun. Bruh.

20 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You speak of fun whilst proposing things that are entirely not fun

I have very different tolerances for different mission types. And I only really do some of them if I need something really specific that I can't get elsewhere. I find Exterminates generally quite tedious - especially if the spawns are bad and the waypoints misbehave. Hijacks are OK to do...occasionally. Defections... are Defections.

I think Survival is one of the more fun mission types - which is why I really don't get people going for the "stand in one place, press one button ... for the next THREE HOURS" approach to doing it.

But the threshold in this thread (as far as I see from other people's responses) is not about a mission being "fun" or "not fun". It's about a mission with a Limbo being so intolerable that they feel the need to quit it immediately.

Just here to say, yeah, I still hate limbo.

When one of my clan mates bring Limbo, he's wanted for a specific reason and we're all on the phone talking while we play. Even then, he's annoying.

To the OP - I no longer leave the mission when a Limbo appears. IF, and I say IF - IF he starts using his abilities - THEN I might leave...

- EDIT - 

Greatest LIMBO moment EVER - Watching Helminth stab him in both sides of the Neck - Yeah!

I think Survival is one of the more fun mission types - which is why I really don't get people going for the "stand in one place, press one button ... for the next THREE HOURS" approach to doing it.

I think picking a room is fine for survival, more important to do really when cracking relics. Occasionally you get a public group that works well together but more often than not you got that one guy running all over the map, scattering spawns, and then you end up with half the people not being able to open relics. I'd rather camp than chase people all over the tile.

As far as limbo goes I honestly just use a minimal range, long duration build, and protect mobile defense targets so people are free to do whatever. But that's about all I use him for. I personally find myself leaving more missions for the Slowva or Max range Wisp with the shock mote that freezes everyone at the edge of defense missions. There's more trolling frames than just limbo, whether by just lack of understanding or just doing it on purpose. I usually like to give Limbo players a chance though, in my experience, they end up doing just fine more times than not. 

15 hours ago, AzureFlash said:

BTW: you "have yet to meet a troll Limbo" because you ARE the Limbo...

Or maybe they just havent met a bad limbo

Or maybe they, unlike many, arent dumb

Or maybe they play 1 frame of many that dont care if a limbo exists or not

Iunno i think you guys just make S#&$ up at this point and throw a bigger stink than necessary 

Unfortunately poster history on this site dictates i cant trust anything anti Limbo players say (and the more vocal they are about it the less i trust them) especially not after what whats his face admitted to doing. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)goonie4good said:

I think picking a room is fine for survival, more important to do really when cracking relics.

For fissures, I avoid survivals like the plague! There's always either some guy who breaks up the spawns or a Saryn who nukes all the enemies before they have a chance to turn! For fissures my choice is Capture -> Rescue -> Sabotage -> Exterminate -> "go do something else until there's a better fissure around". Sometimes Excavation or Defense if it's a premade group and there's nothing better around.

I was talking normal survival missions - either for resource farming or Arbitrations.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

I don't like having to roll or run out of an area or into an area because of another player.  But apparently that makes me an idiot.  We shall prostrate ourselves before thee because of your supreme intelligence.

1 hour ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

[...]

Unfortunately poster history on this site dictates i cant trust anything anti Limbo players say (and the more vocal they are about it the less i trust them) especially not after what whats his face admitted to doing. 

You seem like a very fun and kind person to be around, and a great ambassador for Limbo players. It's too bad we're on different platforms because I would consider giving Limbo a second chance with you playing as Limbo.

I use Limbo as a tool most effective for specific mission. Mobile defense? Cache\medallions farming? Scarlet's spear before the nerf? Sure and I don't care if someone in group have problems with my Limbo in those specific missions. If some Vauban have trouble with my mid-range Cataclysm on energy drain Grineer Sortie and writes in chat "limbo stop using 4" for whatever reason - well, bad luck for him, not gonna do that.

Also while we at it, Frost players spamming globes everywhere and on defense objectives especially on Hydron (someone ever seen objective actually dying there before everyone gets bored and leave?) or Nekros players with shadows (Deimos Jugulus shadows are pure cancer) are just as annoying. If I see those two specific types - I always leave.

8 hours ago, zehne said:

don't like having to roll or run out of an area or into an area because of another player

Nice vacuum response now next time how about reading what i responded to because you basically just argued that 0 variables or circumstances exist, you picked one of 3 examples of many and chose to home in on that one. 

Why you died on that hill? We will never know.

8 hours ago, AzureFlash said:

You seem like a very fun and kind person to be around, a

After seeing what you said in a different thread i think im happy being on different platforms.

4 hours ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Nice vacuum response now next time how about reading what i responded to because you basically just argued that 0 variables or circumstances exist

No, i'm pretty sure it was an accurate response.  The issue is that there has NEVER been an instance where limbo was needed.  Limbo makes very few things easier but is never NEEDED.  Not only is limbo not needed but they make missions harder.

Additionally, there have been many missions i've been in where a limbo has forcibly failed missions for the entire team.   I'll tell Saryn's/Volt's that they shouldn't AoE on rad sortie mobile defences and i'll tell them they messed up when the mission fails because they are being retarded.  But this is a thread about LIMBO, so instead of telling you why you shouldn't AoE on Rad sortie mobile defenses i'll limit it to saying that limbo is something that I could do without.

On 2020-09-12 at 7:11 PM, (PS4)Deeceem said:

I never leave groups when I see a Limbo. I only leave groups when I see a max range and duration Cataclysm.

the wire laugh GIF

(Same goes for Novas turning out to be Slovas, Wisps who place Shock Mote, max range and duration Vaubans, Khoras who put down a huge Strangledome and then don't use their Whip on it and any other large scale CC being used when not needed just to slow down the mission immensly.)

Max Duration Cataclysm is awesome for excavations, especially endurance, its useful in Scarlet Spear.
Slowva is what you want in interceptions and Disruptions, only reason to not like a Slowva is in defenses.
But i guess, it takes a time to learn the game.

On 2020-09-16 at 7:12 PM, Alexcavalera said:

Do you think we are morrons?? So you are saying, because we leave a mission when we see a Limbo, its because we dont know how to play him? We don't understand his "kit"? Lmao!! You are funny.....rerally funny guy....

and then 

We leave, because we know the majority of players, Dont know how to use him

so you're basically saying the same thing as me, but I'm the one being funny here? I seriously can't decide if this is some high level sarcasm that went over my head. (btw I have 3800+ hours in game and 6 build configs for Limbo to cover all mission types except disruption)

Should be carefull whit your assumptions....

vor 9 Stunden schrieb ReaverKane:

Max Duration Cataclysm is awesome for excavations, especially endurance, its useful in Scarlet Spear.
Slowva is what you want in interceptions and Disruptions, only reason to not like a Slowva is in defenses.
But i guess, it takes a time to learn the game.

You most certainly seem to know what you're talking about. Especially the last part.

Maybe you should learn how to use the forum functions properly to see someone's registration date and compare it to your own before making a dumb, quite risky and pretty unrelated comment-flex on someone's playtime to discredit what they said. While you're at it you might as well pick up a dictionary and learn a bit about the word "overexaggeration". Maybe try to learn the difference between "max duration AND max range" and just "max duration" or try to decypher what my ominous and apparently hard to understand "using CC if not needed" could have meant too, hm?

Awesome that you learned that Limbo was useful in an event that happened once so far and noone knows when or how frequently it is going to reoccur. Good job!

I'd love to learn the merit of doing endurance excavations as specifically Limbo from you. Which ones are you refering to? The regular ones that have no scaling rewards to do them longer than for rotation C or "because you can"? Or maybe the Steel Path excavations for steel essence that are outclassed by Steel Path survival? Maybe you meant the arbitration excavations for vitus essence that have arbitration drones? Or maybe fissure excavations for the scaling rewards that spawn Corrupted Nullifiers? - Let me help you out here since you didn't learn that yet or just forgot it: Limbo is also great in Kuva survival! Every day of the year! And on smaller Interception maps too! There you go, buddy!

No!? CC frames - not only Slowva - are good in interception? No way! Thanks for illuminating me and showing me the way!

What you -want- in disruptions is a weapon of your choice that one-shots Demolysts and not to die. A Slowva is nice, but absolutely optional - so is any other cc frame. Don't hate the messenger.

But I guess having actual points takes some thought before pressing those funny buttons with letters infront of you.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

You most certainly seem to know what you're talking about. Especially the last part.

Maybe you should learn how to use the forum functions properly to see someone's registration date and compare it to your own before making a dumb, quite risky and pretty unrelated comment-flex on someone's playtime. While you're at it you might as well pick up a dictionary and learn a bit about the word "overexaggeration". Maybe try to learn the difference between "max duration AND max range" and just "max duration" too, hm?

Awesome that you learned that Limbo was useful in an event that happened once so far and noone knows when or how frequently it is going to reoccur. Good job!

I'd love to learn the merit of doing endurance excavations as specifically Limbo from you. Which ones are you refering to? The regular ones that have no scaling rewards to do them longer than for rotation C or "because you can"? Or maybe the Steel Path excavations for steel essence that are outclassed by Steel Path survival? Maybe you meant the arbitration excavations for vitus essence that have arbitration drones? Or maybe fissure excavations for the scaling rewards that spawn Corrupted Nullifiers? - Let me help you out here since you didn't learn that yet or just forgot it: Limbo is also great in Kuva survival! Every day of the year! And on smaller Interception maps too! There you go, buddy!

No!? CC frames - not only Slowva - are good in interception? No way! Thanks for illuminating me and showing me the way! What you -want- in disruptions is a weapon of your choice that one-shots Demolysts. A Slowva is absolutely optional, so is any other cc frame.

But I guess having actual points takes some thought before pressing those funny buttons with letters infront of you.

Registration date means you made an account, played, didn't bother learning to play, and left...
I could stay here explainign to you how limbo is useful and BIS in a lot of mission types, but then again... Why bother... I mean, your posts say it all, trying to explain stuff to you further is like shouting at a door.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb ReaverKane:

Registration date means you made an account, played, didn't bother learning to play, and left...
I could stay here explainign to you how limbo is useful and BIS in a lot of mission types, but then again... Why bother... I mean, your posts say it all, trying to explain stuff to you further is like shouting at a door.

Exactly! Then how exactly would you know anything about someone's playtime and make such a dumb remark? Let me help you out yet again: you wouldn't! Don't worry about the rest I'm pretty sure you couldn't explain anything properly to anyone anyways but we can go with what you said. It's fine. Im glad I could explain some things to you at least. Let me know if you need more help or are a bit slower with learning something.

I'll help you anytime.

Edit. Actually, I misread your first sentence. My bad. I gave you too much credit and thought you said something that at least made sense on some level. Just to recall:

"Registration date means you made an account, played, didn't bother learning to play, and left..." 

So having a registration date means you made an account, played, didn't bother learning to play and left. That means everyone with a registration date, even people who downloaded the game and never booted it up, even you, made an account, played, didn't bother to learn to play, and left?

I Dont Get It The Office GIF

Please don't. My brain can't handle more of this very special logic of yours.

Archived