Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kindly stop leaving missions when you see a Limbo

--Q--EXHALER_Wolf

9 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Honestly Limbo's powers don't mesh well with multiplayer except in limited cases.

It's kit is purely solo play.

Rift mechanics have a well known potential for abuse, no surprise most players hate it with a , more than justified, passion

Again, you could make a case against most frames in the same way. They are like tools in a toolkit. Each has specific uses that they're well suited for. And if a hammer is the tool you want, anyone holding a screwdriver is just going to get in your way. 

Limbo can be a highly active participant in a range of situations. If you think that Limbo must be played in a lazy, or abusive way, then you should look into his powers a bit more. Loki, Nova, Vauban, Nidus, Garuda, they can all be easily used in different ways to troll players. And seriously, most players hate anything that could possibly be hated. There are people who hate Saryn in ESO and Hydron. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again, you could make a case against most frames in the same way.

But arguing that case and then wondering why, oh why do people hate limbo is just...

It's very simple.

OP: "Limbo isn't that bad anymore, it's only a minor inconvenience"

Also OP: "Leaving missions is inconvenient, stop it"

Loki: switch teleport, and that only works if the player actually is able to lock on another warframe jumping around like  a monkey,

Nova: Molecular Prime and Worm Hole, the second in particular if placed in a bad spot is a source of extreme irritations, as well as an high powered molecular prime slowing a mission;

Vauban: accelerator pad?

Nidus: usually is the one trolled with squad murdering larvaed enemies before nidus can stock on mutation stacks, it's link on an enemy can cause minor issues;

Garuda: Blood Altar? it's her only ability that interferes with killing a target.

Saryn/Maim Equinox: everyone hates nuke spammers that leave nothing to do in game

None of them comes even near to the level of annoyance an imbecile with Limbo can cause.

32 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

As a Vauban player, trolling with Accel pad is almost impossible, unless you count putting them all over extraction to catapult people into walls or off cliffs for 0.5 second chuckle before mission completion.

1 hour ago, zehne said:

But arguing that case and then wondering why, oh why do people hate limbo is just...

It's very simple.

OP: "Limbo isn't that bad anymore, it's only a minor inconvenience"

Also OP: "Leaving missions is inconvenient, stop it"

And I'm saying that like any other frame, Limbo can be an absolute blessing to have on the squad in the right situation if they play well. If any other frame can be played badly then they're all equally annoying, so there's no reason to hate Limbo more than any other.

And honestly if anyone flat out hates any (or all) frames then wtf are they doing queueing for a public match?

I mean a single limbo can pretty much guarantee a win in a mobile defence mission, single handedly, right? Or cheese and eidolon hunt, right? Or allow everyone to ignore practically every single enemy in a spy, or rescue mission, right?

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I mean a single limbo can pretty much guarantee a win in a mobile defence mission, single handedly, right?

You could read that as "Limbo makes the easiest mission type easier".  There are tons of frames that fullfill that statement without ever making a LoS blocking area.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Or cheese and eidolon hunt, right?

If you want to solo cheese an eidolon do w/e you want.  If you want to do casual eidolons convince your group.  If you want to do serious eidolons, pick the frame requested.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Or allow everyone to ignore practically every single enemy in a spy, or rescue mission, right?

Parkour/kiddie does that.

I said it earlier, Limbo is never needed.  If limbo was needed then people would stay in missions because they'd tolerate limbo to complete the mission.  That isn't the case here though.

50 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Loki: switch teleport, and that only works if the player actually is able to lock on another warframe jumping around like  a monkey,

Had a run with one that just seemed to love switching for no apparent reason. Annoying but not any significat harm to the target usually. There's also irradiating disarm, which slows stuff down in defense missions because the enemies just wander about instead of rushing to the objective. Then we have to go look for them instead. 

Nova: Molecular Prime and Worm Hole, the second in particular if placed in a bad spot is a source of extreme irritations, as well as an high powered molecular prime slowing a mission;

Yah.

Yeah like the Loki, it's mostly just annoying. There are some who enjoy dropping them just for giggles, like when they're in choke points that the rest of the squad needs to pass through or near extraction for some reason.

Nidus: usually is the one trolled with squad murdering larvaed enemies before nidus can stock on mutation stacks, it's link on an enemy can cause minor issues;

Every second counts double when it's the last enemy to kill for the wave to end.

Garuda: Blood Altar? it's her only ability that interferes with killing a target.

Same as with the Nidus, gets annoying af if it's long duration, and done near the end of every wave. Titania's lantern falls into this category too. Wisp with those shock motes slows everything down too. I suppose Rhino's can be in that category too with something like Haemocyte, or Lephantis.

Saryn/Maim Equinox: everyone hates nuke spammers that leave nothing to do in game

We do? Since when. Who is this "everyone" you're talking about? Is there a player named "everyone" who told you that they hate that? I'm so confused. Also, why can't this "everyone" do anything when they're nuke spamming? You won't get as many kills, but there's always some to get. Do they also take issue with Volt?

None of them comes even near to the level of annoyance an imbecile with Limbo can cause.

Depends on why you're annoyed, and how good at trolling someone is. Most of the imbeciles in Limbo just seem to afk in the rift. Every so often you find one that's decided to hold the mobile defense datamass cartridge. That's annoying. The long range/duration cata-stasis can help more than hurt in certain mission types. But there was one idiot in Rathuum one time..... BOY was ever situationally unaware. Definitely didn't bother to revive him after the third bubble.

16 minutes ago, zehne said:

You could read that as "Limbo makes the easiest mission type easier".  There are tons of frames that fullfill that statement without ever making a LoS blocking area.

Not as well as limbo. 😉

16 minutes ago, zehne said:

If you want to solo cheese an eidolon do w/e you want.  If you want to do casual eidolons convince your group.  If you want to do serious eidolons, pick the frame requested.

Convince a pub? LOL.

17 minutes ago, zehne said:

Parkour/kiddie does that TOO

Added the word you were missing. 😜

18 minutes ago, zehne said:

I said it earlier, Limbo is never needed.  If limbo was needed then people would stay in missions because they'd tolerate limbo to complete the mission.  That isn't the case here though.

No frame is ever "needed", Tenno. But some frames with specific builds are definitely good for some jobs. And lots of people are absolutely fine with a Limbo being in the group. Ask the public squads that got him for today's mobile defense sortie, like the one I was in. Zero complaints were made, because not everyone is confused by how good Limbo is at locking a spot down. 😁

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

if they play well.

This is the big "if".

I swear most of the Limbo's I run into in pubs swap the L for a B in terms of brain cell counts.

Seriously I have no idea how one person can think making 5 waves of defense take 14 minutes is helping anyone.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No frame is ever "needed", Tenno. But some frames with specific builds are definitely good for some jobs. And lots of people are absolutely fine with a Limbo being in the group. Ask the public squads that got him for today's mobile defense sortie, like the one I was in. Zero complaints were made, because not everyone is confused by how good Limbo is at locking a spot down. 😁

I did sortie mobile defense with Titania and a MR 8 said "Thanks for the carry".  So by anecdote you go 0 complaints and I got 1 compliment.  It's 0-1 for Limbo vs Titania on mobile defense.

As far as "no one does it better."  Even if you win that argument you're talking about a very small difference.

Spoiler

This isn't even the easiest way either. Normally I'd Spectrorage at the start to quickly CC enemies then cast lantern then spawn a million energy orbs for entire team.  But I decided not to use helminth abilities even though it's taking up a mod slot.

The problem isn't that limbo is good for some jobs.  The problem is that the best thing Limbo is good at is being bad for others.

14 minutes ago, Aldain said:

This is the big "if".

I swear most of the Limbo's I run into in pubs swap the L for a B in terms of brain cell counts.

Seriously I have no idea how one person can think making 5 waves of defense take 14 minutes is helping anyone.

Always is in a pub, regardless of the frame. 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, zehne said:

I did sortie mobile defense with Titania and a MR 8 said "Thanks for the carry".  So by anecdote you go 0 complaints and I got 1 compliment.  It's 0-1 for Limbo vs Titania on mobile defense.

Oh I told the Limbo, ggtyvm. So your math is still off. 😉

12 minutes ago, zehne said:

As far as "no one does it better."  Even if you win that argument you're talking about a very small difference.

Reveal hidden contents

This isn't even the easiest way either. Normally I'd Spectrorage at the start to quickly CC enemies then cast lantern then spawn a million energy orbs for entire team.  But I decided not to use helminth abilities even though it's taking up a mod slot.

The problem isn't that limbo is good for some jobs.  The problem is that the best thing Limbo is good at is being bad for others.

No, that's just something that you're probably saying because you don't ever use a Limbo.... 🤔 Or maybe you do and you just always suck, or use him to troll. Logically, it could be either/or I suppose? 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Always is in a pub, regardless of the frame. 🤷‍♂️

Pretty much, though only Limbo and Slowva can cause that level of hair-pulling irritation.

Most other "where is your brain" level players are at best just groan inducing and don't slow things down to the same degree.

But a good Limbo is always a pleasure to see...if only they were more common.

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Pretty much, though only Limbo and Slowva can cause that level of hair-pulling irritation.

Most other "where is your brain" level players are at best just groan inducing and don't slow things down to the same degree.

But a good Limbo is always a pleasure to see...if only they were more common.

Agreed, but that's because we like to go fast. If you scroll up, you'll see someone who seems to like to go slower than the good nuke frames. Best (surprise) experience I've had with a Limbo has still gotta be the random that was hunting Eidolons and cheesing it all the way. 😅

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Agreed, but that's because we like to go fast. If you scroll up, you'll see someone who seems to like to go slower than the good new frames.

I personally prefer to go at a pace between "I spent more time loading than playing the mission" and "I can physically feel myself age because of how long this mission is taking" myself.

A hard medium to find these days...

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

As opposed to putting the "endless", in endless? 🤣

My definition of endless caps out at 30 minutes/20 waves/5-6 sets of Disruption nodes so I wouldn't be one to ask about that.

...People who run missions for 8+ hours confuse me.

I loved limbo in solo play when hunting medallions but you just have to recognize/admit that Limbo isn't meant for a game like this. His abilities are too difficult to understand at first glance and unless you've played Limbo you can have a lot of problems interacting with one you aren't communicating directly with. If someone uses Frost's globe around you for the first time, sure it can be annoying until you figure out how it works and then use it or avoid it but that's something that can be difficult to do when you run into Limbo's abilities. The other thing Limbo has going for it is that unfortunately his abilities can be an eyesore. I welcome a good limbo on my side BUT I have left to the other side of the map before simply because cataclysm or whatever is just so ugly to look at sometimes. Unfortunately he just has everything going against him so people reacting to him badly is just one of those things and rarely do I ever use him with other people around unless it is for the sole purpose of destroying canisters/medallion hunting. 

if i see a limbo ill give them a chance, 99% of them just have max range and dur.. so afk and press 4,2 and keep pressing 2 to freeze enemies...nope im not sitting there bored because i cant kill nothing while playing a defense relic mission

so option B comes into hand ....make yourself 2 sandwhiches and get yourself an cold drink bet that bubble still be up with frozen enemies

just as bad as afk leeches that slighty move there character so they wont be consider afk and get rewards for not helping

at this point i rather have a speed nova or an syran that nukes then limbo

The problem with Limbo is he's kind of a game hog. He plays the game for everyone else in defensive missions and the rest of us just...don't have anything to fight except for still targets.

He isn't alone in this. Nova's Prime. Saryn/Mesa kill stealing the team. But Limbo also comes with an obnoxious screen filter for insult upon injury.

Archived