Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excess Of Nano Spores, Craft Into Mutagen Samples?

kevbob

"I have too many nano spores" has been a common statement, common enough that there is a proposed (or is it for sure?) crafting change for consumables involving using nano spores.

"Where have all the mutagen samples gone?" "Omg why are mutagen samples hidden behind a grind wall in the Derelicts?" "Etc Etc Etc" have been common statements lately as well.

Has there been any discussion (and subsequent "No..." from DE) previously in regards to crafting common materials into uncommon and then into rares (which of course are used for clan research)?

It would torpedo the purpose of having the mutagen samples in the derelict to being with. 

DE has been keeping an eye on it, and has noted no drop in the amount of Mutagens crafted.  It's currently unlikely to change.

Additionally, were such a thing to be implemented, how exactly would it actually differ from simply combing mutagen samples and nanospores into 1 item?  

Edited by Phatose

It would torpedo the purpose of having the mutagen samples in the derelict to being with. 

DE has been keeping an eye on it, and has noted no drop in the amount of Mutagens crafted.  It's currently unlikely to change.

Additionally, were such a thing to be implemented, how exactly would it actually differ from simply combing mutagen samples and nanospores into 1 item?  

the ratio of common items needed to craft into uncommon/rare can be as high or low as needed.

additionally it can be viewed as a credit sink, and the credit ratio can be tweaked as well.

hypothetically:

if nanospheres drop at a ratio of 10 per infested kill (average),

if mutagen samples drop at a ratio of 1 per 100 infested kill (average),

then 1 mutagen sample equals, um (math is hard) 1,000 nano spheres? i think. whatever.

so if crafting costs 10,000 nano spheres per 1 mutagen, then you end up with situation where it's more efficient to farm mutagen then to farm nano spheres.

obviously the location costs of Derelict farming vs, say, Xini farming come into account as well.

my point being that the ratio required in such a conversion can be set such that its not replacement for just going to the Derelicts and farming mutagen.

also, this does not limit game design, but opens up other avenues.  perhaps the conversion requires a special clan "kiln", or maybe it requires the use of excess mod cards, or perhaps a new "alchemists stone" or something is added in as an uncommon/rare drop.

my assumption is that what happened to mutagen samples is going to happen to the other rare mats needed for clan research; probably DE is going to add in corpus and grineer specific zones similiar if not equivalent to the Derelicts, wherein fieldron samples etc will get moved to.

The problem with nanospores in particular is that they already exist in vast stockpiles.  Any conversion factor that's not completely extortionate is going to devalue whatever resource it's converted into very quickly.

And with conversion factors in general, the issue is that drop rates still get broken on a fairly regular basis.  U9 started with morphics everywhere, then became all rare resources everywhere.  U10 turned control modules into an ignored resource.  When those bugs or misjudgements pop up, at least they're generally contained to only affecting the resources directly concerned.  With this kind of set up, a single broken update could kill the economy of multiple resources. 

1.4 mil Nano Spores and over 500 Mutagen Samples here, all clan-tech researched by me and built already. Honestly, Mutagen Samples aren't that hard to get, just do some OD survival, and you should get a nice amount, and if you loot a lot in the non-OD missions, you should be swimming in Navs (sitting on 750). My advice to people who need resources is just keep on farming, after a certain point, they all become obsolete.

The Dere-Lag Void can go to hell as far as I'm concened.