Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm begging here: Please just end this season of NW.

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Whatever you have in the pipeline, shove it all through at once, let it play out for like a week and then put us back into intermission.  I am so unbelievably tired of Nora and glass-holes every other mission.  At this point I don't even care about the story anymore and I was kind of interested at first.  I can't even remember if there is any real story here, it's been spread so thin over so long.  I just want it over.  I can't be the only one that wants it to just be over.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Soooo end the 6months (I'm not actually keeping track) of Glassmaker and replace it with 8months of intermission?

One of the big complaints about intermission is that there were no new rewards because most had been through the first 30 ranks for a long time.  That, and no new story.

I've been through the first 30 ranks for a very long time and the story is spread so thin that I can't even remember what's happening, if anything.  It started to feel hollow an episode or two ago.  This might as well be intermission, except every .02 seconds here comes Nora "hOLd uP, dEtecTing GLASS-HOLES"  and on top of the other frustrations that keep cropping up with this last update for me, this is just one more thing.

31 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

This might as well be intermission, except every .02 seconds here comes Nora "hOLd uP, dEtecTing GLASS-HOLES"  and on top of the other frustrations that keep cropping up with this last update for me, this is just one more thing.

No, hear him out- because I get the sentiment.
With the Wolf, he'd jump us and we got the Wolf Sledge, 5/5 Stars for BS
With the Infested Stuff we got a new boss like 20 days in or something and had a new weapon to farm.

It has been 6 months and I'm questioning the integrity of the entire promise. I heard we'd have a major controversial decision to make and the boss weapon and the bla bla bla and if whatever's locked behind Part 5 doesn't make up for 6 months of not having access to it- just to end 2 weeks later would be a major slap in the face that effectively ruined it's own timeline of enjoyment for us. If Nihil jumps us or gets a node or whatever- we should have gotten it or at least an understanding by GlassMaker 4. It'd have to 
1: Deliver on the promise of boss + Weapon + replayability in some form
and
2: Last for another 3 months
OR
it's a flop. 

And to OP's point it already FEELS like a flop simply because you're Prestige locked at 60, so you literally are done and have been done even if you dragged your feet for months- so opening up/closing down the back end of your available farming time and simultaneously prestige locking us is unfortunately disrespecting the **** out of our time no matter which way they go.

50 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

One of the big complaints about intermission is that there were no new rewards because most had been through the first 30 ranks for a long time.  That, and no new story.

I've been through the first 30 ranks for a very long time and the story is spread so thin that I can't even remember what's happening, if anything.  It started to feel hollow an episode or two ago.  This might as well be intermission, except every .02 seconds here comes Nora "hOLd uP, dEtecTing GLASS-HOLES"  and on top of the other frustrations that keep cropping up with this last update for me, this is just one more thing.

Well maybe the answer isn't to just rush everything but to establish a new standard 

Say if the current round has exceeded X period of time a new round of rewards is made available. 

That allows them to retain their pacing with regards to release content BUT also doesn't hecc over the players when said release schedule approaches infinity. 

Edit: clarification: it wouldn't replace the current round but be tacked on to the end of the existing round. So say you where a late started and only on tier 25 of round 1 you would be able to continue completing round 1 and when that was complete you'd start at tier 1 of round 2. 

However if you where already on bonus tiers of round 1, you'd just be dropped strait into round 2 as soon as it was made available. Round 1 would always contain all of the cosmetics and additional rounds would be more general filler. 

It has been a long season though, and this story has been really spread out, it also feels like the glass enemies don't really add anything to the missions. It was interesting for maybe all of five minutes. 

I want them to move the story along, give us a boss and minions to fight and something to farm... they should have put it earlier in the story and given us something to do but almost the fifth section and still nothing. I'm already bored with it and not sure anything will rekindle my interest. 

Please DE just get on with it. If I hear one more time "Dreamer, there's gotta be a way to take these things DOWN!", I honestly don't know what I will do... but it will be bad. 

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Soooo end the 6months (I'm not actually keeping track) of Glassmaker and replace it with 8months of intermission?

Yes please. At least I'd hear Nora less often. Maybe even not hear at all if Nihil glasses her in final episode.

Sadly it shows again how bad DE is at systems that require upkeep. Nightwave would be great if the season released on a consistent schedule and the intermissions were all exactly like the first intermission and not any longer. I was pretty onboard for the whole nightwave thing but even I got jaded about the entire system with the 6 month intermission.

Unfortunately season 3 fell back into the intermission 2 territory when we had to wait a month for the second episode. At this point it's just nora being annoying.

56 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I can understand some fatigue with this season, but I don't feel  the  loathing for it you do.  It certainly doesn't bother me like Big Fat Nothing would.

I swear to you, every single time something starts to get on my nerves in the game, Nora shows up with the glass-holes.  I'm not sure if they really are this annoying or if I've just been pavlov'ed, considering this update isn't my cup of tea.  Fact remains though, that it's still a big fat nothing.  I've been ignoring pretty much any nightwave challenge that looked even slightly chore-like and I'm still most of the way through the bonus levels and there's nothing for me to spend my creds on anyway because the goddamn Grendel alt helmet refuses to show back up in the market. 

We're getting a teaser-trailers worth of lore/story spread nano-filament thin over like 6 months.  This really doesn't feel any different than the last intermission to me at this point, except we have glass-holes and Nora in our ear.  Even with the different Episodes there wasn't really anything there, story-wise.  There's an old Orokin dude that used to glass people in an official capacity, and because he's an A-hole he's come back and is doing it for his own agenda.  Some people got glassed.  That's literally the whole story so far and we didn't play detective or anything to figure that out.  We did a memory puzzle and then Nora came in with the exposition.  That's it, for the last several months.

I feel really sorry for Nora's voice actor.  She did a really good job and seems like a nice lady but the community seems to get a little more sour on Nora by the week, considering how DE is handling the character.  

vor 20 Minuten schrieb (XB1)TehChubbyDugan:

That's literally the whole story so far and we didn't play detective or anything to figure that out.  We did a memory puzzle and then Nora came in with the exposition.  That's it, for the last several months.

That's what threw me off the most with this season. After the second episode nora just tells us everything. Way to ruin the detective thing.

For me, it's not even the glass nodes/cephalites themselves that are annoying; it's Nora's cringy, repetitive lines whenever they show up. They're bad enough when just completing challenges.

1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Oooh yes, please. Didn't he say something about turning her into a Cephalon who would just endlessly preach his doctrines or something? 

More or less. At first I was like, "meh, please go ahead and glass her", but then I came to the realization that what he's actually threatening us with is the prospect that he'll make it so Nora never shuts up. It'll be nails on a chalkboard. Forever.

1 hour ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I swear to you, every single time something starts to get on my nerves in the game, Nora shows up with the glass-holes.  I'm not sure if they really are this annoying or if I've just been pavlov'ed, considering this update isn't my cup of tea.  Fact remains though, that it's still a big fat nothing.  I've been ignoring pretty much any nightwave challenge that looked even slightly chore-like and I'm still most of the way through the bonus levels and there's nothing for me to spend my creds on anyway because the goddamn Grendel alt helmet refuses to show back up in the market. 

We're getting a teaser-trailers worth of lore/story spread nano-filament thin over like 6 months.  This really doesn't feel any different than the last intermission to me at this point, except we have glass-holes and Nora in our ear.  Even with the different Episodes there wasn't really anything there, story-wise.  There's an old Orokin dude that used to glass people in an official capacity, and because he's an A-hole he's come back and is doing it for his own agenda.  Some people got glassed.  That's literally the whole story so far and we didn't play detective or anything to figure that out.  We did a memory puzzle and then Nora came in with the exposition.  That's it, for the last several months.

I feel really sorry for Nora's voice actor.  She did a really good job and seems like a nice lady but the community seems to get a little more sour on Nora by the week, considering how DE is handling the character.  

Oh man I agree with all this so much. 

The voice especially she is great... but DE is making the character annoying, not even necessarily because of her lines, but the constant repetition of the glass enemies and her dumb lines regarding them, which are some of the dumbest things she has to say, period. I don't know if I'm just bugged either, but I swear literally every single time I go out in open world there is Nora, makes me want to pull my hair out. 

14 minutes ago, Taranis49 said:

For me, it's not even the glass nodes/cephalites themselves that are annoying; it's Nora's cringy, repetitive lines whenever they show up. They're bad enough when just completing challenges.

More or less. At first I was like, "meh, please go ahead and glass her", but then I came to the realization that what he's actually threatening us with is the prospect that he'll make it so Nora never shuts up. It'll be nails on a chalkboard. Forever.

Oh, man, didn't think of that... 

Yeah, it drives me nuts. Her lines on board ship are pretty cool, give a good flavor to her character. 

But I am so tired of the very few, repetitive lines about the glass enemies. And however they designed it, I know it's supposed to be on a timer, but I swear it's bugged regarding open world as they show up way too much and way too often when I am just chilling. Really damn tiresome. 

For those keeping score, Glassmaker launched on May 12. Meaning, for literally 4 months today, we have had Nora basically crack in to all of our missions with few exceptions and tell us "Hoooold up..."

I haven't done every mission every week. In fact, I'd estimate I've done roughly 50-66% of the overall missions, and I generally skip the open world boss elite challenges. I'm at prestige 36 already, and we haven't even gotten episode five. I understand that there's global pandemic and all, but these should've been in the can, ready to go, released every two weeks. Instead, we're getting episodes roughly every five weeks. I'd really like to know why we're getting drip fed what's ultimately an interactive captura with some text that boils down to "find the key word or memorize the picture." Then you go back to the victim and play a quick memory game with parkour and get your free 7000 standing. Then you wait for five to six weeks for the next part. "5" seems to be the unifying theme here. Find 5 things in 5 scenes (almost) 5 weeks apart each.

Like, I get that the idea that Nightwave is an attempt to remove the "blink and you miss it" alerts. Can't tell you how annoying it was to have a potato show up for a grand total of 35 minutes at 4AM with only a Twitter feed to tell you when they were going live. It's also an attempt to inject some side stories in the game. I'd love the main story of the game to actually be up to snuff. I've been playing from near "launch" (still in beta!), have done all main quests, have done all but a few frame quests, and still don't feel like I could competently explain the story of the game. Like, some space demons have an ecoterrorist mom who sends them out to fight space capitalists, clones, and space flu? And sometimes make nice with them? Because there's some space colonies or something? And there's a lot of white and gold everywhere?

I think the problem with Nightwave is twofold: the story is either boring and/or inconsequential (Emissary literally made me stop playing for its duration), or the challenges are too difficult and/or tedious to go out of your way to do, and you only get one daily quest that ranges from "play an emote" to "get 20 kills while sliding" to "bullet jump ONE HUNDRED FIFTY times" to "Play a Ludoplex game." I'm more than okay with getting two elites that focus on killing a harder boss that requires coordination, but some of them are outright silly. One of the elite challenges is "complete a spy mission with 3 manual console hacks and no alarms." I can see why for a new player that would actually be quite challenging, while rewarding players like me who went out of their to get Ivara, Loki, Ash, or even learn how to use operator stealth. Then you have Silent Eliminator: "Complete an Extermination mission with only level 30 or higher enemies without triggering alarms." Do Oxomoco, Void. It'll take you like two minutes. Then you get endurance ones, and that's fine, like kill 100 Eximus units or do 3 sorties, sure.

The worst category, by far, though, is the normal weekly. Some are perfectly balanced, like "go do six perfect captures," "mine six rare gems/metals," do three missions of a specific type" or even "put a forma on something." Forma is fairly easy to get. However we get acts like "fully socket three Ayatan sculptures," "Gild a modular item," or "Clear a railjack boarding party without your warframe taking damage." Ayatans are completely luck dependent, unless you aren't afraid of dumping a ton of Vitus essence on the sculpture. You may not be able to avoid damage on the Railjack. And then there's gilding. You're limited to either slapping something together and donating/selling it ASAP, or you need to actually have a kitgun/ zaw/ MOA/ vulpaphyla/ predasite in mind, get the resources, and get the necessary tokens to make them overpowered and customizable.

The single worst flaw of Nightwave is the ambiguity of its duration. Intermission 2 lasted more than six months, and that was literally just a menu while liches, raijack, and a major "balancing" patch were implemented. Glassmaker is realistically about two thirds finished, if my math is right.

So how do we fix this? 

1) Announce clear episode dates and program end dates. I don't know the logistics of how Nightwave is handled, but the obvious answer is make sure everything is completely done before it goes up. From there, I would suggest making episodes about two weeks apart. That's enough to make it a bit like a good podcast on the lore side while still not making me wonder why I haven't touched the pentagon in the corner.

2) Drastically increase the number of acts available, and increase the number of acts to do weekly, rebalancing the amount of standing they give. Some acts I think could be brought back in, while tweaked, would be the "with friends" acts, but maybe make it "in a squad." New ones could be something like "build a weapon," "trade for 450 ducats," or even larger versions of dailies like "loot 100 lockers."

3) There should be three daily quests, one easy, one medium, one hard. Easy is like "play an emote," and should give 1000 standing, medium should be "kill 150 enemies with x damage type," and should give 2000 standing, and hard would be something like "kill a specific start chart boss" or "kill 1000 enemies," which would give (you guessed it) 3000 standing.

4) Remove the worst acts. Asking players to scour maps for ayatans is a little absurd, especially since they have a very tiny chance to spawn, and not everyone trusts trade chat (with good reason). The only way I see this staying in is by making it "fully socket ONE ayatan sculpture." Silent Eliminator is right out, as it's not even a challenge unless you don't know that Void and Infested missions don't have alarms.

5) Remove the prestige tier cap. I don't understand why this exists in the first place.

6) Possibly adding ten more normal tiers, filling them with cosmetics or rare supplies. I wouldn't mind a few Archwing skins... just sayin'.

7) Add Umbra forma to the shop for 100p. I get it's intended to be hyper rare, but putting it in the shop gives players who do not want to interact with this system an out.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Thanks for reading this abnormally long post.

Oh no no no, no more daily quests, or quests per week. One of the things that makes Nightwave work is that it is much more lax than your typical BattlePass system. That's one thing I can't blame the hold up on Glassmaker for, it at least makes it much more likely that everyone who wanted Rank 30 got there even if they showed up late.

But yea, current problems are 1) could we please, please, pleaaaaaase not have Cephalites spawn when we have full Cephalite Shards or whatever they're called, 2) we really need more ways to get Umbra Forma if these sorts of hang-ups in the schedule rear their heads again.

4 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

pavlov'ed

Oh trust me you too have been pavlov'd by the glass-holes.

Nightwave's kind of a poor way to hand out Umbra Formas anyway (there's not really need to ration them out THAT harshly), but given it's how it is that means there needs to be some manner of equilibrium for rotation of said Umbra Formas but making sure everyone playing gets a proper chance to get them. Currently we've obviously gone kinda overboard on the latter (my guess is that it's because of Covid, not other projects).

3 hours ago, vaarnaaarne said:

Oh no no no, no more daily quests, or quests per week. One of the things that makes Nightwave work is that it is much more lax than your typical BattlePass system. That's one thing I can't blame the hold up on Glassmaker for, it at least makes it much more likely that everyone who wanted Rank 30 got there even if they showed up late.

But yea, current problems are 1) could we please, please, pleaaaaaase not have Cephalites spawn when we have full Cephalite Shards or whatever they're called, 2) we really need more ways to get Umbra Forma if these sorts of hang-ups in the schedule rear their heads again.

Oh trust me you too have been pavlov'd by the glass-holes.

Yes, so much this. 

If they still show up cause someone else in mission needs them fine, but when I'm going solo and I'm at full shards I just want to be left alone. 

I just enter open world, about to enjoy some solo mining, full shards, rank like 39-40 I don't even remember I got most of these levels from not trying from the very start, this has gone on so long. 

"Hold Up! Detecting Glass resonance"

Archived