Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't mean to s*ck at eidolon hunting ...

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

but I think I do.  I've been google'ing, reading wiki, and watching videos but my damage dealt is still in single digits most of the time.

My usual set up is Chroma Prime with a nullifer arcane,  Vectus Prime modded for radiation 1669.5  I have a x23 amp that I guilded and back at rank 24, with Virtuos Strike arcane, and I'm using Maduri school with 7/10 nodes active.

After getting a couple of lures, I use my operator to help against the shields, and when the eidolon flashes red, I switch back to my warframe and shoot the joints, and back to my operator. I've worked on my build a bit and I get quite a few orange crits (never red), but my damage does fluctuates from say 1k upto 3 to 4k, which doesn't seem like alot.

When the mission is over, my stats alway show 5-9% damage dealt.  So, assuming warframe abilities can't damage it, does that mean my Vectus Prime build is terrible?  I try to get alot of shots in, without wasting them.

On another note, I used Rhino Prime tonight, since one of the youtubers said it was decent.  I joined 3 missions and in each one after capturing the first eidolon I did not have a radiant shard to put up to start the next eidolon.  On my third try, one guy with a mic was saying he had the same problem.  Is this just a weird glitch tonight, or a known bug, or was I doing something wrong?  I did get decent rewards from the capture, including an arcane each time.

I think you're doing fine, the issue just depends on your team and practice obviously, and don't forget they fixed two ways we kinda cheesed them: we cant use Magus lockdown to retrieve lures anymore, and we can't void dash the head to proc the crit arcane. I pugged like 200 hydrocaps so you run into all kinds of issues. I've never played as chroma, only volt and Trinity and occasionally oberon but it's ok for you all to amp the shield down together, and if someone is quicker taking a synovia out, then just charge your next madurai to help take the shield down faster. It just depends on your group.

Madurai is best with more ways unlocked, as you can charge your void Strike by void dashing across the plains with energy pads to the eidolon or to the shrine.

Judging by what you Wrote... there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your Build....

My Guess is as you pop in and out of your Warframe you are either losing or not even Getting the Fury Buff from Chroma's Vex Armor....

Which is bad because if you decided to Drop The Base Damage Mods (which is normal for Chroma) then you are losing a very very Large Chunk of Damage....seriously even Inaros can Out DPS you if Vex Armor falls off.

As for your Operator.... You might actually be better off using Unairu... I'm not just saying that because you are playing Chroma... I suggest Unairu simply because it requires Fewer Nodes to be Effect... Just enable Max Rank Unairu Wisp and you are good to go....

Madurai requires too many things to work so it's less effective for someone in the process of Upgrading Focus Schools.

• don't trust the Mission Leaderboard. the Damage split is easily tricked, you may as well ignore it in most circumstances.
  • make sure Vex Armor is charged up before you need to shoot. the Damage buff that you get from taking Health Damage, rather than the Armor buff from taking Shield Damage.
  • take the free Damage that you get from getting the Hit Counter on your Sniper Rifle up. 2x is easy, 2.5x is very doable. 3x starts to get into silly territory though. don't just hit the minimum to get those Tiers though, throw in some extra hits so that after it decays a bit you still have that Tier.
  • i assume your Vectis doesn't always Crit (since that requires a Riven or conditional Mods)? it's always preferable to have consistent Crits on a Sniper Rifle, you can use Avenger to help compensate, or you could use a conditional Mod.
    • does your Vectis 'suck'? i don't use Vectis for Eidolon Hunting so i don't know the sorts of numbers that are normal for it. whether the Mod choices are the preferable ones for your scenario, idunno since i don't know what the chosen Mods are.
  • sounds like you're using Void Strike - you should deal sufficient Damage in such a case, since you can spend some Charge(s) on the Health Phase.
  • if nobody else in your Sessions already is, you can increase your own Damage by a fair amount if you apply Shattering Impact to the Eidolons. Sarpa being the popular easy choice as always - 4 Bursts per Eidolon will remove most of the Armor without having to worry about hitting a very specific number of times that differs per Eidolon to get the maximum benefit. that way you can significantly increase the Damage the Eidolon takes while still focusing on other things.

I think it's more likely to your play style because my vectis prime does similar amount without any riven and I use Trinity Prime to keep lures alive.

Madurai is focused on charging with void strike and blow it with one shot with chroma vex armor on where I can reach 30k with strength build chroma and volt shield in my team

Archived