Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Weapons make neither gameplay or business sense.

Innocent_Flower

I look at the elements table, I pick a frame, I go to Casini I kill a larva, I look at the gun she has, Let's say it's a Brakk because they seem to pop up 1/3rd of the time for me.  I kill her if I want that Brakk. 
Boom 
It's a 20-something percent weapon.  
I must now grind for a 20 something percent weapon. 
I kill the lich, and the weapon is waiting in my foundry. 

I'll probably keep it there forever. 
Because if I'm going to spend five forma on a weapon, I want it to be the best itteration of that weapon. I'm not going to take that weapon out until it's 50 something in the best element for that gun.  In addition, as a 20% weapon, it's just inferior to my regular old G3 Brakk. 
Why is it going to be there forever? Well, because there's how many Kuva weapons?  I'm going to need between three and seven of every weapon, and me being a chump, I kinda want to get all the different kinds of weapon I mean, this Brakk is an utter disapointment, Do I really want more of it? Maybe I'll skip the next Brakk for a Seer or a Bramma or...   

What I need to do is hope I get something that's like, 40% something, and then start fusing the S#&$ ones to it.  If I start fusing 20's and 30's to eachother and then get a 40, I'm gonna feel like a $&*^head, like I've just wasted so many liches.  And if I fuse stupidly, I could lose potatoes and formas and... 

Why? 

What does DE get out of this? A few forma sales? It's frustrating RNG bullS#&$ but it doesn't even have a pay-2-win option so what's the #*!%ing motivation behind it? 

-Stop random percentages, just give me 60. 
-Stop having us lose things from fusion. That's S#&$ty. 
-If you want us to spend more time on Liches, give us more kuva weapons.  There are so many Grineer weapons we'd love to have a Kuva (or wraith/prisma) variants for.  There are so many interesting mods for Rippers and yet the base weapon is terrible, give us some kuva rippers so we've got something to use those mods on!  Give me a Kuva Stugg, A Kuva ogris, A Kuva Javlok, A kuva royal guard staff...  something new... 
-If emission colour changed the bonus element, that'd be really cool too...    

You can buy converted liches with the desired element and bonus for plat. There's your business sense. I'll agree that "backwards" Valence Fusion shouldn't remove formas or potatoes, and that we should be able to opt-out of a lich we don't want to finish grinding.

4 minutes ago, Innocent_Flower said:

interesting mods for Rippers and yet the base weapon is terrible

I wouldn't say no to Kuva Ripkas, but the base weapon is far from terrible, and benefits strongly from its high riven dispo. Now a Kuva Stug...

1 hour ago, Innocent_Flower said:

It's a 20-something percent weapon

It's nearly always 25-26%. I think DE dropped the chance of higher rolls right down when they brought in Valence Transfer.

Valence Transfer means you can take that 25% Brakk, level it, and then when you get another Brakk you can merge the stats.

You will typically need 6-10 Brakks to get to 60%, unless you get very lucky.

Stop having us lose things from fusion.

You don't, the weapon you fuse in to keeps all its forms, you only sacrifice the new weapon.

give us more kuva weapons

Oh god no. No more Kuva weapons. We don't need any more. If you haven't got and levelled them all yet you don't need any more.

3 hours ago, Innocent_Flower said:

want us to spend more time on Liches

I think it's reasonable enough that the Lich system isn't something you can "complete" quickly, to never be interacted with again.

Yes, it's a grind, and a big one if you want everything, but ... is that truly bad? To have content last a while?

Just take it slow, do a Lich every now and then (takes like 2 hours at most), don't burn yourself out.

Give me a [...] Kuva ogris

Uhm ...

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Ogris

If emission colour changed the bonus element, that'd be really cool too

No thank you, Fashionframe having gameplay effects is something that
should be abolished on every last instance still remaining in the game.

Il y a 3 heures, Xylena_Lazarow a dit :

You can buy converted liches with the desired element and bonus for plat. There's your business sense. I'll agree that "backwards" Valence Fusion shouldn't remove formas or potatoes, and that we should be able to opt-out of a lich we don't want to finish grinding.

I wouldn't say no to Kuva Ripkas, but the base weapon is far from terrible, and benefits strongly from its high riven dispo. Now a Kuva Stug...

Rivens are never the answer. 

Il y a 2 heures, (XB1)KayAitch a dit :

Oh god no. No more Kuva weapons. We don't need any more. If you haven't got and levelled them all yet you don't need any more.

Ten weapons we have to farm six to eight times is a lot worse than twenty weapons we only need to acquire once.  
And since most kuva weapons are reskins it's a pretty economical way to make DE money... 

il y a une heure, NinjaZeku a dit :

I think it's reasonable enough that the Lich system isn't something you can "complete" quickly, to never be interacted with again.

Yes, it's a grind, and a big one if you want everything, but ... is that truly bad? To have content last a while? [/quote]  Having us wait three days for a warframe is reasonable. Having a 10% chance of getting a rare item is reasonable.  Percentage weapons aren't reasonable: Tim Gets a Bramma, I get a Bramma, Tim's Bramma is 25%, mine is 47%, we must both now dedicate a couple of hours to obtain our vastly different prizes. I can use my Bramma now if I like the element, I'll need two more Bramma's to max the Bramma out, Tim will either need to keep the Bramma in his foundry or he'll need a lot of inventory slots if he wants to optimally combine his Bramma, or he'll need a load of brammas...  

Just take it slow, do a Lich every now and then (takes like 2 hours at most), don't burn yourself out.

[quote]No thank you, Fashionframe having gameplay effects is something that
should be abolished on every last instance still remaining in the game. 

One way they could do elements is to just have a 'this is the elements you've unlocked' option. So I kill one lich, I get 60% fire Bramma, I kill A Radiation Bramma lich, and I can flick a switch and have a Radiation Bramma.  That way there's a lot of incentive to do the same weapons again. 

4 hours ago, Innocent_Flower said:

There are so many interesting mods for Rippers and yet the base weapon is terrible, give us some kuva rippers so we've got something to use those mods on! 

Haha, I can definitely get behind that.  (But there are a lot worse weapons and I'd never use either of the augments except for giggles even on hypothetical gawd-tier Kuva Ripkas.)

22 minutes ago, Innocent_Flower said:

Rivens are never the answer.

Neither is ignorance. The base Ripkas are an adequate COBRa platform for Steel Path without a riven. Viable rivens do not actually require thousands of plat nor weeks of kuva grinding. Please learn how to properly build melee weapons and how rivens work before criticizing either of these things.

Can you settle for good enough?

A 25% element kuva weapon can already be good, like the Kuva Nukor (especially if you use it for proccing status only). Also you don't need to forma them 5 times.

This is the issue I've been seeing, that people need to get the best version of something although it's not really needed - it could be some form of OCD. I mean putting 5 formas just to get the weapon maxed.

Ten weapons we have to farm six to eight times is a lot worse than twenty weapons we only need to acquire once.  
And since most kuva weapons are reskins it's a pretty economical way to make DE money... 

Thinking about this a bit more, I'd guess the reason DE went this path is they believed players would be more enthusiastic about building up a few favorite weapons over a long time rather than having more choices that each take a shorter time to maximize.    And maybe the development cost of designing more Kuva Weapons is heavier than you think.  It's certainly more than adding a random bonus system that can be used on multiple weapons, present and future.

Whether that was the right choice or not, I don't know.  It seems to have worked out in my case as I've put a lot of time into the system and enjoyed it.  Although there are definitely some weapons I wish they'd added on or chosen instead.  Ripkas, Marelok, Jat Kittag and Kusar, Argonak, Kulstar, Miter, Soaktron...

On 2020-09-13 at 4:39 PM, Innocent_Flower said:

It's a 20-something percent weapon.  
I must now grind for a 20 something percent weapon. 
I kill the lich, and the weapon is waiting in my foundry. 

I'll probably keep it there forever. 
Because if I'm going to spend five forma on a weapon, I want it to be the best itteration of that weapon. I'm not going to take that weapon out until it's 50 something in the best element for that gun. 

Why? Since you keep all progress made on a weapon when you fuse, why not work on the first one you get? especially if you intend to keep it. And while yes, luck plays a part, you won't need 20 liches, but just enough. Can be 1 can be 5 sure... but it's not that difficult. If you insist on spawning and clearing a Lich in one go that would be what? 3hrs?

What does DE get out of this? A few forma sales? It's frustrating RNG bullS#&$ but it doesn't even have a pay-2-win option so what's the #*!%ing motivation behind it? 

Well, as mentioned, you can trade a converted Lich, but you don't just do it for the weapons. You also do it for the ephemera. 

-Stop random percentages, just give me 60. 
-Stop having us lose things from fusion. That's S#&$ty. 
-If you want us to spend more time on Liches, give us more kuva weapons.  There are so many Grineer weapons we'd love to have a Kuva (or wraith/prisma) variants for.  There are so many interesting mods for Rippers and yet the base weapon is terrible, give us some kuva rippers so we've got something to use those mods on!  Give me a Kuva Stugg, A Kuva ogris, A Kuva Javlok, A kuva royal guard staff...  something new... 

What do you lose from fusion? nothing. Just make sure you fuse the new unranked weapon into the ranked / forma'd one. I recently had a 27% heat Kuva Twin Stubbas, fused a 56% toxin unranked one into it, my forma'd one is now 60% Toxin. Yes, I got lucky with a high roll and all I have to do is switch elements if I want, but I have done it for the Bramma, and it took 2 weapons fused. to make it even better than it already is. 

-If emission colour changed the bonus element, that'd be really cool too...    

Yes. THAT, I absolutely would love to have. as per your follow up comment. With each fusion you unlock a new element on the same weapon. But maybe not by emission color, and some kind of switch in the upgrade screen / actions. 

Archived