Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Korrudo RNG 0%? Update 27.2

VladAdGAd

• 2 months later...

yes, i got it few weeks ago. and i play since 2013... 🤣

many don't understand that 5% doesn't mean you get it after XX kills. No! That can also mean that you won't get it in 10 years, even if you kill the mob there every day.
simple example: i still miss war bp from stalker. I killed him twice as often or even more than "elite" thumper.

in case developers read that, which i don't believe, but if: how about if the chance of rare drops increases with every kill? example: first kill 5% chance, second kill 6% chance .. etc.

Key difference between Warframe's true RNG and other systems on the market;

5% drop chance does not mean that you will get the part once in 20 runs. It does not mean you will get it 5 times in 100. It means that if you extend the runs to the millions, the number of times it drops in that time is 5%

You could get it first try.

You could get nothing for 190 tries and then get it 10 times in a row.

That is how true RNG works, sadly.

It's a common misunderstanding of probability. Even if they aren't interested in grasping the higher math aspects, everyone should learn about the gamblers fallacy, the myth of the alleged "law of averages" and what the law of large numbers really means. 

Even without a deep understanding of math, I feel like if the average person read up on that stuff, they wouldn't have so many complaints about rng. 

• 1 month later...

Thanks, but I really know how probabilities work. 1 in 20 run is just a mathematical espectation. What I wanted to say is that with warframe, you're almost always far from the espectation, and it's even more true for the Kurrodu (at least for me), which is statistically weird. Considering it, you should sometimes loot before the espectation, sometimes after. But the second seams to happen more often, and not only for the korrudo. Finally, the probability of not getting a BP once in something like 100 runs is supposed to be very low. It's why I feel like Warframe RNG is broken, but maybe I'm wrong, and just unlucky.

As someone that got a full khora set in just 2 SO runs, but needed 72 rads relics for a mesa prime systems, RNG can be a *@##$ indeed. Also, when you say "I more ofter not get x item", you are ignoring all the times you got a rare item on the first kill because you are not checking item droprate on every mission UNLESS you are farming.

Its not a broken RNG, its a broken human interpretation of RNG because we tend to ignore or even not know how many " lucky shots" we got. Indeed, if you got rare mods, you got lucky shots, just not the ones you want :P

2 hours ago, MaximusMA37 said:

Thanks, but I really know how probabilities work. 1 in 20 run is just a mathematical espectation. What I wanted to say is that with warframe, you're almost always far from the espectation, and it's even more true for the Kurrodu (at least for me), which is statistically weird. Considering it, you should sometimes loot before the espectation, sometimes after. But the second seams to happen more often, and not only for the korrudo. Finally, the probability of not getting a BP once in something like 100 runs is supposed to be very low. It's why I feel like Warframe RNG is broken, but maybe I'm wrong, and just unlucky.

To prove statistical weirdness, you would have to prove that a LOT of people are having odd results. 

You anecdotally feeling that you are not getting "good rng" means nothing when it comes to statistics. You could be an outlier, or you could be not noticing that while you are taking super long on some things you are farming for, you are getting lucky with some rarer things you aren't as actively farming for, so you don't notice how your luck statistically evens out over time. 

With probability, you should never assume anything is weird unless you personally have gone way beyond the amount required for almost certainty (which is usually a rather larger number than you might expect), even then it is possible, with so many tens of millions having played over the years, that you could still just be a statistical outlier for that drop. Luck is never a guarantee, it's a chance. Probability is a harsh mistress, that's why so many people think it would be reasonable to toss in a "mercy rule" to defeat rng after someone has already done like 100+ tries on something. 

5 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

dont waste plat on this weapon...its just mr fodder. Keep trying.

If its MR Fodder.....then what reason should he give TIME over plat? On PC, I hear the plat flows like water and with discounts on buying it.....

Since this is a month old post.....did the TO get the item to drop or dropped plat ti get it? Inquiring minds wanna know

@VladAdGAd what did u do?

On 13/09/2020 at 13:58, VladAdGAd said:

Como sabemos Korrudo BP tem 5% e 2,5% de queda.

Eu matei tusk thumper doma 86 e bull 36 vezes. Ainda sem BP. Então eu decidi perguntar se alguém conseguiu após a última atualização da atualização 27.2 do Tusk

PS Eu usei nekros para perto de 11 Doma e 3 para Bull.

PPS Eu sei como encontrar o Tusk em 2 minutos em média.

Perdi a conta de quantas vezes também matei a tusk e a bull mas nunca dropou a korrudo, sinceramente tem coisas que tinham que ter um limite de tentativas para consegui-las, sei lá, 15 tentativas por exemplo e depois droparia 100% de certeza, muita gente desiste do game por conta de coisas que parecem impossíveis por se tratar da sorte e não da habilidade que é o que deveria ser muitas vezes no game.

Archived