Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Dread - Where To Shoot Ancients?

Atham

Question

Hey there,

I am currently levelling up my dread and I am doing some infested missions. I have been wondering, where should I be shooting the ancients to get the best damage possible with a dread?

Thanks in advance,

A.T.

16 answers to this question

you see bits that are coloured yellow or bright red. Those are crit points. i.e. the mouth mandibles. 

Just aim at one and think zoidberg.

Stops you aiming for where the skull would be.

Those tentacles represent the "headshot" point, which will make you deal double damage if you hit it. However, armor is still applied, which the lowest level of ancients is still very high. Shooting the legs and arms of ancients will not apply armor reduction to your damage, so you will actually deal more damage.

Yeah I aim kinda for the lower half of the thigh, above the knee. Anything below the knee seems to disappear into nothingness, anything near the top of the thigh has armor applied :S

Frankly its easier just to have an AI specific weapon for Ancients and headshot.

Yeah I aim kinda for the lower half of the thigh, above the knee. Anything below the knee seems to disappear into nothingness, anything near the top of the thigh has armor applied :S

Frankly its easier just to have an AI specific weapon for Ancients and headshot.

AI you mean armour ignore, right? Any good weapons for that?

Those tentacles represent the "headshot" point, which will make you deal double damage if you hit it. However, armor is still applied, which the lowest level of ancients is still very high. Shooting the legs and arms of ancients will not apply armor reduction to your damage, so you will actually deal more damage.

The problem is hitting those spots in the first place.

I still can't believe they haven't fixed the hotboxes yet.

AI you mean armour ignore, right? Any good weapons for that?

Well, given that the Dread can keep up with the Paris Prime even with the Physic Impact damage it has...

The problem is hitting those spots in the first place.

I still can't believe they haven't fixed the hotboxes yet.

Mmm, Hot Pockets.

Well I try to aim somewhere, but the arrows just seem to fly right through and miss them, hence the reason I am asking. Makes it particularly frustrating with a bow.

It is. You are not alone. The knees and lower thighs are unarmored and their head is armored but is a weakspot. With the Dread, you want to try and aim for the...wait for it...inner lower thighs -- I have found that to be most reliable for hitting their squishy bits.