Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee prime

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

I´ve had banshee prime for some time and it is just gathering dust. Is she a viable frame?

Ive recently seen people wanting to buy her, did a new meta appeared that made her better? On youtube the only builds ive seen is people using either savage silence, spamming sonar and/or using rolling guard or invisibility to survive, so with her needing all these because of how squishy she is, should i use her or should i wait till she gets buffed?

I dont want a warframe that can kill everything in a room in one second, but honestly i feel like she does the same as other frames but she requires much more.

If you use her i´d be grateful if you told me your build or way to use her.

I use Banshee for a hybrid playstyle, augmented Sonar and Silence, high strength, decent-ish range, Arcane Blade-Primary charger.

I'm using Sonar often, close distance with Void dash to delay stuns, survive using Rolling Guard and Skiajati.

I sometimes use Rakta Cernos for extra energy, since you need to hit weakspots instead of headshots, snipers modded for Sharpshooter aren't an option here for utility.

You might also want to use the Sonic Fracture augment if you can fit it on your build.

On 2020-09-13 at 2:33 PM, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Long range Resonance Sonar build.  Super effective, and one of the great squad frames if  weapon-focused.

Short range Savage Silence build.  Very effective, but really weakens the other abilities so the variety mostly resides in mobility and mixing up a few finishers with regular attacks.  Not recommended unless you have a melee weapon you really enjoy.

Sneaky short range Savage Silence build with Skiajati and Amalgam Daikyu.    My designated lich killer.

Hybrid with 100% range.   Silence and Sonar kind of work against each other, but I spend more time with this than any other. 

Loooong range Resonating Quake build.  Mostly just for cheesing Interceptions and Mobile D.  (For extra credit, teaming up with Slowva is hilarious.)

1 час назад, vegetosayajin сказал:

it can with the lowest duration because you can recast fast to make a finisher, but it's a boring gameloop 

I mean arcane trickery alone. Zero duration savage silence is annoying, IMHO low range is better since it doesn't require you to spam it (but you have to do some running around to kill tight groups and plan your targets).

I could not proc trickery reliably enough to make it permanent, so skiajati is required to stay perma invisible.

Since Helminth I experimented a bit with Banshee but the best build I found was Pillage in slot 4 combined with the augment for 1 and Sonar. I don't use savage silence at all because IMO it doesn't fit the Horde shooter gameplay, especially with other players in the lobby.

Build is mostly duration, enough strenght to remove 100% armor with 1 and some range.

Pillage is definitely the best ability I tested on her, the others being Breach Surge and Null Star.

Null Star requires the augment and lower range, and is quite energy hungry. Breach Surge isn't efficient enough. On the other hand, Pillage gives her the survivability she lacks. It bring her 1800 shield with a single cast, which is more than enough to tank, and it's an easily spammable ability as well. 

В 14.09.2020 в 22:07, (XB1)BRUHck Obama сказал:

How viable is arcane trickery for banshee?

Can't rely on it. Skiajati is still required. Trickery on skiajati build gives you QoL to occasionally go on unrestrained murder spree. It can't keep up uninterrupted invisibility sadly.

On 2020-09-14 at 2:53 PM, kgabor said:

Nova's Null Star needs a low ability range for a consistent dr..

Defy might work, i'm not sure about Pillage, i don't have Hildyrin.

Harrow's Condemn might work too, for overshield tanking and cc, you can afford to bring slower fire rate weapons and will hit weakspots more consistently, especially with projectile weapons.

But dr-tanking stops being useful after a certain level, especially if you mod a frame not suited for it around it, cc scales infinitely and is more useful overall.

I haven't tried harrow but pillage goes out in a wave strips armor/shields comes back in and grants overshields but ya the only thing stopping me from having this so far is her parts are behind a rep and boss fight that I just don't want to mess up, I have seen a mesa tank build that uses this with adaption pretty well on higher level stuff.

" dr-tanking stops being useful after a certain level"  even on tanky frames that rely on abilities I am finding high level stuff will constantly tuen off my abilities and get one shot which is kind of meh

edit: here is a thought, you can play silence banshee on any frame in the game with the helminth system, feel like maybe one of the other frames could do what banshee does but better

hace 13 minutos, Lutesque dijo:

I have no idea... This was from 2 months ago so it's probably Buried under Headshot's more Recent Videos....

Also im not a Headshot Fan either.... I'm too lazy to go Looking for it 😝...

I found it, its 5 months old.

He chose such a bad name, like headshot, in every game with guns they exist

12 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

How viable is arcane trickery for banshee?

I have skiajati but i wanted to use my sepfahn riven because one of the stats is plus 90% finisher damage.

The problem with this Combination lies more with Arcane Trickery's Rubbish Proc Chance and Cool Down than it does with Banshee herself....

Not even Ash can use it with any sort of consistency....they really nerfed this Arcane Hard....

You can try Headshot's Arcane Ultimate Build instead.... Seeing Banshee take a Level 200 Bombard Rocket to the Face and still standing is definitely worth it :)

19 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I don't really like the "deadly silence" build its too fast for me, I have played long range sonar and its really fun! you are buffing your teams damage by a massive amount, high level disruptions, spam a fewsonars will take the kamikaze guys out almost instantly!

only issue is suitability is low when solo, I want to unlock pillage on her see if that helps or maybe the DR thing from nova

Nova's Null Star needs a low ability range for a consistent dr..

Defy might work, i'm not sure about Pillage, i don't have Hildyrin.

Harrow's Condemn might work too, for overshield tanking and cc, you can afford to bring slower fire rate weapons and will hit weakspots more consistently, especially with projectile weapons.

But dr-tanking stops being useful after a certain level, especially if you mod a frame not suited for it around it, cc scales infinitely and is more useful overall.

I don't really like the "deadly silence" build its too fast for me, I have played long range sonar and its really fun! you are buffing your teams damage by a massive amount, high level disruptions, spam a fewsonars will take the kamikaze guys out almost instantly!

only issue is suitability is low when solo, I want to unlock pillage on her see if that helps or maybe the DR thing from nova

2 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

I´ve had banshee prime for some time and it is just gathering dust. Is she a viable frame?

Of course....

But then again just how viable is going to depend on what content you plan on Doing and Which Mods/Arcanes you have Access to.

Ive recently seen people wanting to buy her, did a new meta appeared that made her better?

Nope..... Well maybe the Helminth System has something to do with it.... better Survivability I think...

On youtube the only builds ive seen is people using either savage silence, spamming sonar and/or using rolling guard or invisibility to survive, so with her needing all these because of how squishy she is, should i use her or should i wait till she gets buffed?

You should only use the Videos as a general Guide to find out how her Abilities work. If you like Banshee then use what you learned from those Videos to tailor your own build that works for you...

I dont want a warframe that can kill everything in a room in one second, but honestly i feel like she does the same as other frames but she requires much more.

It's difficult to say what it is exactly Banshee's Playstyle.... The description implies that she's suppose to be good at Stealth but really she's terrible at it....

H

As far as I can tell...her kit is like an Offensive Support.... Debuffing Enemies making them Easier for Team Mates to find and kill....

1 hour ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Do you know of more Banshee playstyles, no problem if you dont, im just curious.

There also used to be one centered around the old Resonating Quake, but it only really worked against enemies with low armor values and have since been nerfed to the point you're better off using any other nuker.

It wasn't interesting anyways, but it was fun to watch and really effective with practically a map-wide nuke.

1 hour ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Ive recently seen people wanting to buy her, did a new meta appeared that made her better? On youtube the only builds ive seen is people using either savage silence, spamming sonar and/or using rolling guard or invisibility to survive, so with her needing all these because of how squishy she is, should i use her or should i wait till she gets buffed?

In my experience,  Banshee is awesome at single target DPS.    I mostly use her for Sonar,  which lets me rapidly melt liches.   Anything that it's immune to Sonar takes massive damage when you attack the sonar weakpoints,  so she's very good against enemies that can take a large amount of punishment. 

Basicially,  I give her high strength,  decent range,  and some survibility mods.  And usually her Sonar augment.   Durability is an issue though,  and I'm remedying that using the Helminth, with Defy or Condemn.       

Savage Silence Banshee with Rakta Dark Dagger.

Low Range, high Duration, high Strength, Efficiency not important.

You can chain finishers or normal melee attack. Both will deal tremendous damage as normal melee attacks will benefit from stealth multipliers while finishers are... finishers (esp with Savage Silence).

Rakta Dark Dagger can be quick swapped to keep up its stealth buff. It will also keep you alive by constantly refilling your shields.

This build turns you into a small-area mobile eraser. Anything coming within range is obliterated, no exceptions. Risk of death is low thanks to Rakta Dark Dagger shenanigans.

it's a fun niche build, feels absolutely brutal

hace 8 minutos, kgabor dijo:

That's because some items benefit certain frames more than others.

Which ofc. doesn't mean they can't be used without them.

Skiajati is extremely niche, the best use you get out of it with Banshee is if you're trying to chain finishers with it.

Rakta Cernos benefits most frames, even Limbo or Nidus, but it also makes Banshee just that much more interesting to use and less dependent on Zenurik.

Do you know of more Banshee playstyles, no problem if you dont, im just curious.

Just now, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Ok, then i think i´ll try experimenting more with her.

I just said the last stuff because what you mentioned is almost the same thing as in 2 other builds for banshee.

That's because some items benefit certain frames more than others.

Which ofc. doesn't mean they can't be used without them.

Skiajati is extremely niche, the best use you get out of it with Banshee is if you're trying to chain finishers with it.

Rakta Cernos benefits most frames, even Limbo or Nidus, but it also makes Banshee just that much more interesting to use and less dependent on Zenurik.

hace 4 minutos, kgabor dijo:

Not necessarily.

I use the things i mentioned because that's my preference.

You can use pretty much anything, even MR fodder, i use Banshee to level up actual useless fodder in Hydron or Helene.

Ok, then i think i´ll try experimenting more with her.

I just said the last stuff because what you mentioned is almost the same thing as in 2 other builds for banshee.

1 minute ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Im ok with your playstyle, but dont you think that her compared to most frames has to use more stuff and be more restricted in what she uses just to make her more powerful and less squishy?

Not necessarily.

I use the things i mentioned because that's my preference.

You can use pretty much anything, even MR fodder, i use Banshee to level up actual useless fodder in Hydron or Helene.

Archived