Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Predasite Height is random. After all this grind I will have to throw away who knows how many pets to get the one I want. Im tired of the RNG

Roble_Viejo

unknown.png

Im on the Discord Breeders group and we are still trying to figure out what is the max height. 

Vulpaphylas seem to be all the same height. 

DE let us control the height, I bred like 50 Kubrows before getting the one I wanted, I dont want to go through the same process again. 

6 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

unknown.png

Im on the Discord Breeders group and we are still trying to figure out what is the max height. 

DE let us control the height, I bred like 50 Kubrows before getting the one I wanted, I dont want to go through the same process again. 

Bruh too bad. Don’t complain because you want a specific version of a pet. It’s random deal with it. You don’t get to choose what you kid is gonna look like 

10 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

unknown.png

Randomization is all DE knows unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

Bruh too bad. Don’t complain because you want a specific version of a pet. It’s random deal with it. You don’t get to choose what you kid is gonna look like 

Mutagens and Antigens allow us to customize the look, to a degree, of our infested companions. 

Also, if we're using real life, people do decide, as much as they can, what their children will look like by choosing who they breed with. 

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Mutagens and Antigens allow us to customize the look, to a degree, of our infested companions. 

Also, if we're using real life, people do decide, as much as they can, what their children will look like by choosing who they breed with. 

I don’t remember human breeding being legal. Second off that’s only like mutagens and antigens sets down a list of possible traits. You don’t get to choose how the end result looks

12 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

unknown.png

I did notice you can't even choose which predasite/vulpaphyla you produce, it's just working like taxes...? FIFO or is it LIFO? Basically I agree, you have 0 control over the process, but perhaps that's rooted in the lore of augmenting the DNA of the infested...surely our technology is primitive at best and won't allow for customization, incubation and genetic manipulation... at least not before our assorted Heart of Deimos Dojo Pigments drop 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

I don’t remember human breeding being legal. Second off that’s only like mutagens and antigens sets down a list of possible traits. You don’t get to choose how the end result looks

You know what I meant. Man and woman do the boink and 9 months later a baby pops out. I guess procreation is a more apt word. 

Also, we do get to decide which of the 3 of each we want as well. 

People seem to not understand that we finally are able to control the looks of our pets at some degree, yet arguably the trait that matters the most, height, is random. 
This on top that we have to grind the resources doing conservation, mining and fishing. 
So long story short, if you want a small or a big Preda you will have to farm a LOT. 

Antigen should control height. We add a polarity when gilding anyways. 

And? Who cares? It's a virtual pet on a game about grinding as efficient as you can.

59 minutes ago, (XB1)DarknessZeref said:

did notice you can't even choose which predasite/vulpaphyla you produce,

Wdym by this? Like panzer or sly vulpaphyla? You know you can choose the type/race right?

at some point, it stops being DE's fault and becomes the fault of your own obsession of " I MUST have the biggest pet, at all costs!"

to me Size really doesn't matter with pets. hitboxes are all the same size (and even if they weren't ,smaller would work in your pet's favour) and they still have the same range of cosmetic options. you don't get any statistical benefit for a larger pet whatsoever, so... what's the big deal? 

4 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

at some point, it stops being DE's fault and becomes the fault of your own obsession of " I MUST have the biggest pet, at all costs!"

to me Size really doesn't matter with pets. hitboxes are all the same size (and even if they weren't ,smaller would work in your pet's favour) and they still have the same range of cosmetic options. you don't get any statistical benefit for a larger pet whatsoever, so... what's the big deal? 

If we could control the size I would make the smallest pet possible ... like maybe a kitten kavat size ... just b/c it would be freaking cute.

Did OP ever do the ORIGINAL Kubrow breeding grind? When Kubrow eggs had a very low chance of dropping from a nest and you could only have 1 in your inventory unless you got them from a random alert. So 50 runs of Earth capture later, you finally have a Kubrow egg, which then needs to incubate for 24 hours and voila! your baby kubrow. Now you need to breed them for long enough that you get a bulky/max height/gold/triple gold/lotus etc and then breed it with another one so on average about 20 eggs of rng pot luck. THEN when you finally have 2 promising kubrows you take the genetic strands from each, combine and PRAY TO THE RNG GODS that the one with the Lotus pattern gives you the lotus pattern and not it's crappy colours and the one with the gold colours doesn't give the offspring it's crappy pattern instead and then PRAY that the damn thing isn't a midget, skinny etc. And after all that, you might want to breed for a bulky gold lotus on top of this....

And you think breeding something that you can dictate the colour, the pattern, the features etc is hard to get a specific height?? Come see me when you know what true pain is.

Randomized height and bulk was the reason I gave up on Kubrow breeding. I imprinted and rehatched a lotus Kubrow 26 times back when you could only pick up one egg at a time and never once got tall. That was during the era of people selling "omega" Kubrow imprints (the tall and bulky) which was a scam since height was always random. 

I couldn't produce the pet I wanted even with a couple months of effort. Disappointing to hear the new pet is the same. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I just realized while this dude is complaining I actually got a tall predasite and a Kuborow 

Archived