Predasite Height is random. After all this grind I will have to throw away who knows how many pets to get the one I want. Im tired of the RNG

Le 13/09/2020 à 22:42, vanaukas a dit :

Try on feedback and bring more people from that discord, maybe that would help

Barely (if any) of us on that Discord have the same issue.

We are used to re-breeding to achieve the "Omega" status for our Kubrows and this is not really any different (aside from component costs for Antigens/Mutagens).

Most of us do not care for height and are completely fine with it being random. 

Edited by Els236
  • Like 3

its annoying but its not any worse than normal kubrow grind. 
I am more saddened they used the MOA system for them rather than normal breeding, I was looking forward to imprint mixing and randomised incubations.  

*cough* shameless plug *cough* the server as mentioned. (3k+ members) 

https://discord.gg/w8uH4mF
Warframe Kubrow & Kavat Breeders!

Edited by morningstar999
  • Like 4
On 2020-09-14 at 8:27 AM, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Did OP ever do the ORIGINAL Kubrow breeding grind? When Kubrow eggs had a very low chance of dropping from a nest and you could only have 1 in your inventory unless you got them from a random alert. So 50 runs of Earth capture later, you finally have a Kubrow egg, which then needs to incubate for 24 hours and voila! your baby kubrow. Now you need to breed them for long enough that you get a bulky/max height/gold/triple gold/lotus etc and then breed it with another one so on average about 20 eggs of rng pot luck. THEN when you finally have 2 promising kubrows you take the genetic strands from each, combine and PRAY TO THE RNG GODS that the one with the Lotus pattern gives you the lotus pattern and not it's crappy colours and the one with the gold colours doesn't give the offspring it's crappy pattern instead and then PRAY that the damn thing isn't a midget, skinny etc. And after all that, you might want to breed for a bulky gold lotus on top of this....

And you think breeding something that you can dictate the colour, the pattern, the features etc is hard to get a specific height?? Come see me when you know what true pain is.

you still have to do all this now to make high end kubrow, its still a lot of RNG, mixing and re-mixing. spending tonnes credits and resources on cores and if your like me plat for rushing. XD 
only thing thats better is the amount of kubrow eggs you can store really, (and companion slots are now a lot cheaper 2 for 12 instead of 10 for 1) 

• Like 2

Wasn't even aware of that. No idea why DE is doing this tbh, randomization is ok but to a certain extent.

I would have preferred normal breeding too, as many more people, mainly because I can't stand the whole Craft it - level it - gild it - relevel it nightmare, but also because i'd love to see what a Vulpa kitten / Predasite puppy would look like. :clem: 

• Like 1

Height definitely isn't the main trait for pets - just a personal preference, matter of taste. Someone wants to have the biggest doggos, someone wants to have the smallest doggos... while the majority of players don't care about it at all. That's not an issue, and it doesn't deserve a separate thread actually. 

Also Warframe is a game of RNG and a game about grind. If you don't like it, if it's annoying and frustrating for you - don't play this game. 

Edited by Uta_Redhead
16 hours ago, morningstar999 said:

you still have to do all this now to make high end kubrow, its still a lot of RNG, mixing and re-mixing. spending tonnes credits and resources on cores and if your like me plat for rushing. XD 
only thing thats better is the amount of kubrow eggs you can store really, (and companion slots are now a lot cheaper 2 for 12 instead of 10 for 1) 

Which is why I have about 40 kubrows currently :/

On 2020-09-13 at 6:54 PM, tobiparty said:

And? Who cares? It's a virtual pet on a game about grinding as efficient as you can.

Wdym by this? Like panzer or sly vulpaphyla? You know you can choose the type/race right?

The part you deleted about taxes...FIFO vs LIFO. First in first out vs Last in first out. You have maybe 5 copies of sly/panzer/crescent and can't view or choose which specific one you incubate. They're just added to a spreadsheet I guess or something. They aren't at all unique apparently- or they are only when you hit "create"? 

On 2020-09-15 at 10:18 PM, morningstar999 said:

only 40? :P 
I have like 250+ slots, and I only heep the high end ones (that includes solid colored kavats as well though) 

Damn son, you win :D
I didn't breed kavats, only gold lotus kubrows.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
On 2020-09-13 at 2:51 PM, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Also, if we're using real life, people do decide, as much as they can, what their children will look like by choosing who they breed with. 

Sadly for the point you are trying to make, the existence of meiosis and genetic recombination means that you really don't have much control at all beyond the most token of basic levels

• Like 1