Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Think About Having A City/lobby For The Tennos?

CapnNight

I don't know about you guys, but I've always been a big fan of open world type things. What can I say? I like exploring stuff. I would like to request a lobby/city type of thing for all the Tennos. Instead of the normal screen with all the planets, could we possibly have a little city with buildings and such for Tennos? Say...move the shop into this "city"? If this were to be implemented, I would somewhat like it to be like a real city, with cars (or in this case, hovercrafts/floating cars, whatever floats your boat.), shops, and some fun mini stuff when taking a break from missions. Whenever the Tenno is ready for a mission, simply hop on yah space ship and then it takes you to the planet screen, and you know how it goes from there. Note that this is only meant to be a lobby type of thing for you to relax from the missions, talk and hang with friends, or meet new people. I dunno, just a little idea I have. Tell me what you think? Any type of feedback would be appreciated. Have a nice day~

Edited by CapnNight

looks good on paper.

looks like a disaster in code.

as much as i would enjoy it, this game's minimum requirements would skyrocket if that happend.

there would be a massive change in storyline too. if the grineer even knew where a giant planet of all the tenno were, they would be bombing it within the hour.

even if it was a defendable thing, it still comes back to minimum requirements. warframe isnt ready for this yet. space ninja science only just came out with bug spray a few weeks ago, cut the scientist ninjas some slack!

This sort of thing can be kinda seen as a dojo, but if you're wanting a big city it wont be able to run on a peer hosted system, it would need to have a dedicated server for sure. But it does sound like a fun distraction

Edited by Deadmice

Brilliant idea, but you'd need massive servers to host something like that.  Something a little better might be a planet lobby, i.e. "Mercury Lobby," where everybody there is on Mercury, a "Venus Lobby," etc., you take spaceships to different planets, and jumping off points for the missions.  Then you could have a separate standard server for each planet.

impossible without a central server. Or without some truly ninja coder and a ton of luck to make it work with the current p2p system.

Also, all MMORPGs that had that make you waste hours by running around to find stuff and shops and whatever, when the same could be done by a decent in-game UI and a mildly less DOS-like chat window.

It's already annoying enough when I have to sprint-slide to get anywhere in my own damn dojo to get stuff.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Or we could have maybe a "personal" space like in Dust 514, and possibly invite other's for ninjur parties!

It could be called "The Pod" or "[Player Name's] Pod/Ship"

And you can have settings like "Friends only, Alliance Members Only, Clan Members only" and so on

It could likewise be customizable to a lesser extent than dojos, so that EVERYONE gets their own mini dojos ;D

But really, the pods/ships should be added as well as some thing like what you mentioned, although not really as a replacement for the UI, rather, an alternative for it.

Though as others have said, this is ultimately more complex(the cities and open areas) by Peer-to-Peer hosting.

Thanks for the feedback~ I read and enjoyed all of them, and I will continue reading any other post. And the City/Lobby is suppose to be like a server type of thing that has a variety of Tennos. Not just friends/clan members, if anyone got confused with that. (Just to be clear)