Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leave Me Alone, I’m Fishing

(PSN)jumpermichael

22 minutes ago, AzureFlash said:

I don't enjoy using hammers, so I drive nails into wood using an old leather shoe. Why is it so annoying to drive nails into wood?

Nice false equivalency there.

They shouldn't have to use specific frames in order to just go fishing, and they would be able to if DE mayhaps made the open world enemies less aggressive when you're not actively engaging them.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)jumpermichael said:

Yeah, but I don’t enjoy playing Ivara, especially not in open world. 

That's the thing though, you're not really "playing" Ivara if all you're doing is Fishing. Again, you're just wanting to Fish. All using Ivara is doing is letting you hit 3 and you can pretty much ignore enemies. You're, again, not "playing" her at all.

6 minutes ago, AzureFlash said:

Octavia maybe? Or do you hate that frame too, OP?

No, I came up with this while playing Octavia on Deimos. Sure she can go invisible, and throw down her mallet, but (at least on console) when I have my fishing rod out, I can’t cast abilities, so it makes it very annoying every time I want to recast my abilities. 

What gets me is when the area is completely clear, I switch to the fishing spear/mining tool, I prepare to fish/mine and then WHAM 5 mobs just show up out of nowhere.  Like, ok where the hell where these guys 2 seconds ago?  And then the mobs that want to shoot at me from half the map away (I'm looking at you creepy, long insect things *shakes fist*).

Also the Glassmaker mobs can kiss my warframe's shiny metal bum.  I truly hate that they spawn in open world.

/mini-rant off

4 hours ago, (PS4)jumpermichael said:

Does anyone else get really frustrated with being CONSTANTLY bothered by enemies when you’re just trying to chill out and fish?

Yes, specially when the enemies spot you from a mile away, you clear the perimeter, nothing happens, then the moment you take out your tools you get shot from afar, someone uses a reinforcement beacon/flare and Morda turrets keep pestering you.

The only Open World where i get bother the most by far is Cambion Drift. The Grineer and Corpus don’t be as alerted and do tend to mind their own Buisness once in a while until they see you far enough so farming in PoE/Orb Vallis in Steel Path is doable but Cambion Drift, i always Solo there in Origin Mode because without anything to protect you from the Infested, they would either spit at you or run up and smack you on the back since the Infested can spawn from nearly everywhere in Cambion Drift. 

Ideally they need to make a map missing enemies so you can farm as you please but I doubt that would ever happen, it's something they haven't addressed since it was introduced and now made worse by the glassmaker stuff that feels like it is never going to end. None of the enemies are hard so all it is is an interruption that can cause you bait by accident if your press the wrong buttons trying to go back into stealth or when going back and forth between killing an enemy and equipping the spear again. The spear is dumb to begin with seeing as you have the different ones for different fish for the first open world that they then ditched for the electric thing then ditched for the one that can go under the gel/whatever/whatever. They all should have just been upgrades for one spear or something, I dunno. It's all just dumb in the end. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)AllOrNothinDays said:

Ideally they need to make a map missing enemies so you can farm as you please but I doubt that would ever happen, it's something they haven't addressed since it was introduced and now made worse by the glassmaker stuff that feels like it is never going to end. None of the enemies are hard so all it is is an interruption that can cause you bait by accident if your press the wrong buttons trying to go back into stealth or when going back and forth between killing an enemy and equipping the spear again. The spear is dumb to begin with seeing as you have the different ones for different fish for the first open world that they then ditched for the electric thing then ditched for the one that can go under the gel/whatever/whatever. They all should have just been upgrades for one spear or something, I dunno. It's all just dumb in the end. 

There really should be only one spear with modules, like the mining tool.

Archived