Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nithwave block

imaduyan

hello,

I farmed the night waves from the beginning. I reached rank 60 after the last award.

The problem is that now, I can no longer earn tokens to buy the many mods, weapons and nitain extracts.

I am a new player and game stop in my progress especially since there is no other way to get object of the game until the next night wave season.

Warframe_14_09_2020_09_32_15.png

How many potatoes have you bought in order to stil not have enough for the couple actually useful mods and a handfull of nitain ?

You know you don't need to potato every single item in the game right ?

If not that, how did you manage to burn through so many NW credits ?

Nitain, weapons, Vauban parts, Aura mods, Orikin catalysts and reactors will return in next intermission, so you will have to wait, unless they add additional ranks.

If inability to buy certain Nightwave rewards hinders your progress, you should review your priorities - buy nitain and catalysts first and foremost, then buy unique and augment mods, then exclusive theme decorations and emblems if you are a collector. Ignore skins and helmets unless you really really have enough of nitain and Orokin potatoes. Weapons usually stay the same so you can skip buying some of them until next Nightwave.

I dedicated my very first Nightwave, which was Intermission II, to buying nitain, potatoes and auras. This time I bought augments and weapons. Next time I predict I'll have some spare credits to spend here and there.

You grind and learn... ☺️

What exactly did you spend it on?

That is like more than a thousand tokens.

You could ask clanmates or TC for trading the mods, so you arent really locked out just limited in your means to get them.

But yeah , DE should obviously have a faster closure on these NW series to avoid running out of prestige ranks.

7 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

How many potatoes have you bought in order to stil not have enough for the couple actually useful mods and a handfull of nitain ?

You know you don't need to potato every single item in the game right ?

If not that, how did you manage to burn through so many NW credits ?

He said he is new to the game. Which mean he need to farm for ground 0.
Just think about all the frame that require Nitain extract.
Just think about all the "Primed" frame that would require a Reactor potato to be a decent frame to play with.
Vauban/ Mods to get. Etc etc.

I'm sorry, this player is right, that is not fair for new player to be literally stuck in the game progression cause the game decided so.

Back to alert mission, never we been stuck like that, cause every week, we would have our Nitain if we were lucky enough or have eyes over a tracker website.

Given the final episode still isn't even out yet they do need to desperately extend it.

HOWEVER...

Unless I've mathed bad (possible; i just woke up) by the final rank you've made enough credits to buy Vauban, all aura mod and all weapons and still have enough credits left to buy 135 nitain extact, which isn't far off being able to buy everything in the game which needs it especially if you discount cosmetics (NOT THAT YOU NEED 135 NITAIN EXTRACT ALL AT ONCE).

Potatoes are 20p each.

But ofc as a noob you don't realise that, so Nightwave is a bit of a noob trap, so the credits get wasted. Best to learn from it for next time.

I'm stuck too ! I don't know if it finish at the level 60. I just bought some weapon/potato/mods/nitain. A lot of things need nitain especially for helminth with all the frame I need to do again. So much weapon from dojo need nitain ... I done the ghoul event so many time and got just one time 1 nitain . ^^ I don't know when it's the next nightwave, should I stop playing until the next Nightwave for got nitain?

54 minutes ago, Taiepii said:

Youd need just over 560 NW credits to get enough nitan for everything.

56 minutes ago, Taiepii said:

I'm sorry, this player is right, that is not fair for new player to be literally stuck in the game progression cause the game decided so.

Back to alert mission, never we been stuck like that, cause every week, we would have our Nitain if we were lucky enough or have eyes over a tracker website.

Probably should have more NW levels to work with, but at the same time as a new player its unlikely hes 'stuck' waiting on NW, as theres so much more to farm and do in the starchart.

As for alerts, you were never stuck provided these resourses popped up exactly when you were able to get online.

il y a 25 minutes, Taiepii a dit :

Just think about all the "Primed" frame that would require a Reactor potato to be a decent frame to play with.
Vauban/ Mods to get. Etc etc.

Hence why I asked him preciselly what he spended it on, so that I could give him advice.

This system is very clearly absolutely not made for anyone to get everything in one season. You aknowledge that he's a new player, yet you speak as if he was a completionist vet... it is all but fair that we can't get everything right away, otherwise all incentive to spend plat for those NW items would be gone, it's DE trying to sustain themselves, not being mean for the sake of it.

And it's extremely dishonest to defend old alerts this way. I have been a new player during this system for a while, and when you can't camp in front of your computer for 4 hours at a time (like anyone with a job), it is so very unreliable.

I would log on, hoping to find that last vauban piece/a potato/some nitain/energy siphon and 9 times out of 10, be greated by 3k credit, 200 rubedo and an ugly helmet. "Well, guess I won't be getting anything useful today, that's just the 20th time in a row...".

And no, having the app warn me of a 1h window in the middle of the night while I sleep or in the middle of the day while I'm at work is not viable in a million years.

NW can be done on your own terms, one season gives enough credits to grant all vauban parts, a COUPLE aura mods, a COUPLE of each potatoes and a handfull of nitain. And that's not even counting all the 1-30 rewards. Pretending that old alerts were better than this is naive at best and dishonest at worst.

If, as a new player, you're trying to get every single useless/situational mods and/or potato every single item you come across and/or try to get every single cosmetic items and/or try to get every single useless mrfodder weapons and/or whatever OP did to burn through his hundreds of tokens, well you're doing something very wrong that could have been avoided with a little bit of hindsight.

From MR2 I understood that you couldn not get everything right away in this game, all the systems point to you having to make choices and be careful with your ressources. That's how it's always been, that's how DE makes pocket change, that's not unfair in the slightest.

Il y a 2 heures, Fallen77 a dit :

Hence why I asked him preciselly what he spended it on, so that I could give him advice.

This system is very clearly absolutely not made for anyone to get everything in one season. You aknowledge that he's a new player, yet you speak as if he was a completionist vet... it is all but fair that we can't get everything right away, otherwise all incentive to spend plat for those NW items would be gone, it's DE trying to sustain themselves, not being mean for the sake of it.

And it's extremely dishonest to defend old alerts this way. I have been a new player during this system for a while, and when you can't camp in front of your computer for 4 hours at a time (like anyone with a job), it is so very unreliable.

I would log on, hoping to find that last vauban piece/a potato/some nitain/energy siphon and 9 times out of 10, be greated by 3k credit, 200 rubedo and an ugly helmet. "Well, guess I won't be getting anything useful today, that's just the 20th time in a row...".

And no, having the app warn me of a 1h window in the middle of the night while I sleep or in the middle of the day while I'm at work is not viable in a million years.

NW can be done on your own terms, one season gives enough credits to grant all vauban parts, a COUPLE aura mods, a COUPLE of each potatoes and a handfull of nitain. And that's not even counting all the 1-30 rewards. Pretending that old alerts were better than this is naive at best and dishonest at worst.

If, as a new player, you're trying to get every single useless/situational mods and/or potato every single item you come across and/or try to get every single cosmetic items and/or try to get every single useless mrfodder weapons and/or whatever OP did to burn through his hundreds of tokens, well you're doing something very wrong that could have been avoided with a little bit of hindsight.

From MR2 I understood that you couldn not get everything right away in this game, all the systems point to you having to make choices and be careful with your ressources. That's how it's always been, that's how DE makes pocket change, that's not unfair in the slightest.

Your are pro-gamer gg. I buy nitain, 3-4 potatos and weapon for upgrade my rank (not all), 3-4 mod aura, that all.

I didn't know there was max rank it's 60.

All week you have NW objectif for token why cap it?

Il y a 1 heure, imaduyan a dit :

Your are pro-gamer gg. I buy nitain, 3-4 potatos and weapon for upgrade my rank (not all), 3-4 mod aura, that all.

I didn't know there was max rank it's 60.

All week you have NW objectif for token why cap it?

No need to be butthurt buddy, that last post you're citing was not aimed at you. I'll pretend I didn't see that.

4 potatoes amount to 300 creds, auras and weapons are, if I remember well, a bit cheaper than potatoes.

You got 900 creds from the 60 prestige ranks, plus whatever you got from the 30 initial levels. So assuming you bought 4 potatoes, 4 auras and 4 weapons, you should still have Plenty to buy A LOT of nitain right now.

So either you are forgetting something or I dramatically underestimated the amount of weapons you bought. 

One thing you can keep in mind, maybe a bit late now, but if you're looking for MRfodder weapons, go check all the weapons in the market, there are so many things that only take basic ressources to grow your MR, NW weapons are more for completionists at the moment, and they're really not worth much beyond that.

The conclave mods (golden ones at the bottom) are absolutly not essential, and you can be completely assured that those will come back in futur seasons, no need to stress getting those until you're set on the more important matters. Just in case you tried getting some of those.

Anyway, if I had a more precise idea of what you spent, I could tell you specifically where you "wasted" credits. Because yeah, you really should have had plenty for all the vital stuff.

And why putting a limit ? Because then people are still incentivised to throw a buck or two at the game, rather than letting people obtain absolutly everything for free forever without limit in this f2p game, that's why.

I play every week and I do the NW, but I am not allowed to buy what I want in the store because I play too much and the game tells me to stop its just going to do something else.

And the old player gives me their exel to tell me that I am a noob that I should have bought this or that instead of selling on warframe market

it's not logical, I'll have to wait how long to be able to have fun and buy what I want in the store.

The game is F2P not pay to win

Your progress hasn't been stopped you just can't progress towards things exclusively coming out of Nightwave until intermission.

We all had to wait through some time barrier to get this progress even back in the Alert system and as everyone else did there are plenty of other things one can progress through while waiting for the next opportunity to return.

If you don't want to wait for said opportunity there is always the paid/plat farming route.

9 hours ago, Taiepii said:

I have a life outside of game , a job and family . I was lucky to get 2-3 nitains a week , nightwave really chnaged that for me , I used most of my nightwave curency from the very first nightwave on nitain wich was over a year ago and I still have like 80% of that stash left .

9 hours ago, imaduyan said:

hello,

I farmed the night waves from the beginning. I reached rank 60 after the last award.

The problem is that now, I can no longer earn tokens to buy the many mods, weapons and nitain extracts.

I am a new player and game stop in my progress especially since there is no other way to get object of the game until the next night wave season.

Warframe_14_09_2020_09_32_15.png

You are absolutely right. This season has dragged on for far too long and it's not fair especially to newer players who need things like Nightwave to grind out slots, formas, potatos, vauban and so many other things. 

They should add more prestige ranks for this season, because it has gone on so bloody long. If new players are burning through prestige 60 and we don't even have section 5 started yet... we may have a problem. 

3 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

And why putting a limit ? Because then people are still incentivised to throw a buck or two at the game, rather than letting people obtain absolutly everything for free forever without limit in this f2p game, that's why.

Isn't a potato 75 credits, and each prestige rank 15 credits? That's 5 weeks for a potato...that doesn't seem like giving everything away for free to me, I used to get more than that from alerts, invasions, and devstreams. How many folks will reach rank 60 anyway, be happy they want to keep playing and let 'em keep going (I drop NW like a hot potato when I hit 30)...

il y a 37 minutes, (PS4)Elvenbane a dit :

Isn't a potato 75 credits, and each prestige rank 15 credits? That's 5 weeks for a potato...that doesn't seem like giving everything away for free to me, I used to get more than that from alerts, invasions, and devstreams. How many folks will reach rank 60 anyway, be happy they want to keep playing and let 'em keep going (I drop NW like a hot potato when I hit 30)...

No that's 5 rank for a potato, if it takes you a whole week to get a rank you're doing something very wrong.

One potato is also 20 plat, when you compare this pricing to the HUGE majority of f2p games, giving us so many already is very generous. Might I remind you that in the old times of the old alert (that some still insist on praising for some reason), your only hope of getting ONE of those potato was either to win the ever-losing lottery of sorties (which is still available) or sacrifice a goat each morning in the hope that a potato alert drops during your play session. Compared to that, potatoes are raining, but people still manage to ask for more like spoiled kids...

il y a une heure, imaduyan a dit :

I play every week and I do the NW, but I am not allowed to buy what I want in the store because I play too much and the game tells me to stop its just going to do something else.

And the old player gives me their exel to tell me that I am a noob that I should have bought this or that instead of selling on warframe market

it's not logical, I'll have to wait how long to be able to have fun and buy what I want in the store.

The game is F2P not pay to win

Ok then, ignore the cordial advices that have been given to you and refuse to see the very obvious reasons why this system works this way.

F2p means free to play, not free to develop, go out there and learn the value of money.

Also, just you be patient, DE might very well cave in soon to the senseless complaints and add 30 more ranks, they always cave in to nonsense complaints.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

No that's 5 rank for a potato

Doh, shows how little I pay attention to NW, thanks for the correction.

Still, seems like people should be able to keep playing and getting stuff. Ideally we'd go directly into an intermission or the next season before people hit a wall, right...isn't that how these battle pass things are supposed to work? I guess I don't see the issue with adding more prestige ranks.

Archived