Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nithwave block

imaduyan

Let's do some quick Nightwave maths.

• Season 1: 81 days (30+30=60 total ranks) [0.74 ranks/day]
  • Intermission 1: 24 days (15+0=15 total ranks) [0.625 ranks/day]
  • Season 2: 100 days (30+30=60 total ranks) [0.6 ranks/day]
  • Intermission 2: 205 days (30+60=90 total ranks) [0.45 ranks/day]
  • Season 3: 162 days and counting (30+60=90 total ranks) [0.56 ranks/day and dropping]

The original expectations were to give 81 days to complete 60 ranks with only 30 of them being crappy prestige ranks.

We're very close to a season duration that's twice as long (and could be 2.5x-3x as long by the time it's over) while only being given 30 extra prestige ranks to compensate.

At minimum, it seems reasonable that if the season duration goes twice as long, the total ranks available to us to grind (including prestige) should be twice as high. Thus, if NW Season 3 ended this week, it'd be reasonable to expect it to have 90 prestige ranks, resulting in 30+90=120 total ranks, which is twice as many total ranks as Season 1 offered because it has lasted twice as long. But since it's not going to end this week, it makes even more sense to bump the cap.

This isn't "whining for extra free stuff". This is literally maintaining the expectations that were set forth before Intermission 2.

Yes, the pandemic struck around Intermission 2, but we're not requesting more or faster Nightwave content (which would take significant effort and thus be subject to covid delays) just an extension of the prestige cap to put the number of ranks available to us to grind on par with what we had before the pandemic (which does not take significant effort and thus is not subject to the "but we're working from home now" excuse). 

If your a new player, there isn't nearly enough tokens to get what you need, let alone collect all the cosmetics. During alerts, you simply had to wait for every aura, helmet, resource and frame part to come up, and collect every one. Now, if you spend every resource on catalysts, you hardly get the same amount of catalysts and reactors. New players have to acquire Nitain for several vanilla frames, collect Vauban, collect auras and exclusive weapons, and then look at the cosmetics longingly, because there's never enough catalysts for the weapons in the game, and Kuva is just a bottomless pit. 

It's improper to freeze Nightwave rewards at any point given the resources hoarded, post ranks are already throttled tremendously, it's enough that players only get a trickle of resources. 

If they want to ration Nightwave credits so much, they need to put all the new player content somewhere more accessible, because all the veterans already have all the essentials, and they never had to ration for helmets and auras. 

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

REALLY Delayed reply here on our part, but only had enough information today to comment. We are adding 30 more Prestige Ranks when Episode 5 launches (soon TM). Apologies for the delay! 

Yup because the ranking is capped so many of us wasted many standings due to unknowingly completing new nightwave missions without rewarding the creds.

This situation also proves that nightwave has become a problem and need to be addressed and changed. Well, could be easily solved by not capping the ranking in the first place.

Il y a 8 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

REALLY Delayed reply here on our part, but only had enough information today to comment. We are adding 30 more Prestige Ranks when Episode 5 launches (soon TM). Apologies for the delay! 

Waou, i have a answer from DE.

Thanks for new 30 rank.

but i stop NW mission because i don t have reward.

you block new player during one month with no compensation, just catch up your miss reward.

One mouth no nitain, weapon bluprint, no aura, no cosmetique, juste big frustration.

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

please rebecca just remove the cap, i can understand if you guys take a little longer than intended. But players keep hitting the cap wall and hinders nightwave. Players want to get those shiny potatoes, they want cosmetics, they want skins were unsure will ever return, they want a collection of ornaments. The cap seems unnessary for players as the majority of the tradable things really arent going crazy in the market. Please just remove the cap.

PS- Will there ever be forma in the Nightwave vendor, players are really mad about the nights of naberous event over the forma and are giving it a bad rap due to it.

8 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Whatever rudimentary semblance of a story The Glassmaker had has grown stale and uninteresting. Just get it over with, and give us an intermission, so we'll at least have something worth doing challenges for.

i would just give them time, Its things like this that makes the devs rush and make poor updates/releases. In my opinion Deimos was rushed. Some of the drops were labeled as [PH]Body Parts or just down right gibberish. Just wait for them to release it. This is still shorter than last time.

15 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

That's...really not good news.  That means this Nightwave is going to slog along for a looooooong time still.  

Il y a 15 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Ok, cool, but we'll have the gained ranks retroactivly when this new ranks occurs ? like when you have add new ranks by the past in NW ? and i agree with others about "no limit for ranks" because some Vets' players like to do some acts each week for have reasons to play WF regularly between major updates 🎃

And a last question : Kintsu Xaku Alt Helmet when in the NW Market ? because, with this new 30 ranks, i don't know when i must save my "crystal tokens" for this helmet 💀

Thanks about this new ranks BTW 🎃

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Dyalar said:

That's...really not good news.  That means this Nightwave is going to slog along for a looooooong time still.  

I mean, there was always going to be a two-week warning before the season ends... and we haven't received that yet so we always knew we still had a fair bit of time until next intermission. Glad to see a little something to tide us over until the season is over.

I thought nightwave was supposed to repeat after we made enough content for it, so players wouldn't be stuck all the time like this, I thought this was supposed to be better than the alert system, which at least kept my interest.

Why are we not looping the 3 stories we have with the one intermission we redesigned multiple times?

I mean, we have a years worth of nightwave, run each for 3 months, add a new one annually, leave them all at, what are we at now 120 ranks? 

Knew this was gonna go Spartan Ops as soon as they said nightwave, no one can develop like this, not even majorly large companies with a gazillion dollars behind them, loop this crap, announce content releases to be more realistic for your team, and get on with the main game already.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Laughing_Beta said:

i would just give them time, Its things like this that makes the devs rush and make poor updates/releases. In my opinion Deimos was rushed. Some of the drops were labeled as [PH]Body Parts or just down right gibberish. Just wait for them to release it. This is still shorter than last time.

The problem is, this is not a singular instance, where DE got caught up in a world crisis and is coping the best they can. They have been deploying one half-baked project after the other, over and over and over again for several years. This is a pattern, so "giving them time" is not going to solve the problem.

Furthermore, I was pointing at the failure of delivering the so-called "story". There is something called "pacing" in storytelling. If the story is too rushed or too drawn out, the audience disconnects, and the narrative FAILS. Adding even more time only exacerbates the problem.

DE needs to either: 1: Curb their enthusiasm a bit and concentrate on keeping the core game stable, yet interesting, before throwing themselves over three severely ambitious projects at the same time. Or: 2: Expand the team, so they at least have the capacity to handle the core game, while taking their big leaps, without leaving a large chunk of the game "in need of polish" /understatement

nw must go.

It is proven that it is not a good system. The game is so static that it causes boredom and laziness.

Review what you are doing because insisting on it will only make things worse in the medium and long term for the popularity of the game that has only been declining .... it takes a creative shock in the team or even new people.

2 hours ago, Yrkul said:

The problem is, this is not a singular instance, where DE got caught up in a world crisis and is coping the best they can. They have been deploying one half-baked project after the other, over and over and over again for several years. This is a pattern, so "giving them time" is not going to solve the problem.

Furthermore, I was pointing at the failure of delivering the so-called "story". There is something called "pacing" in storytelling. If the story is too rushed or too drawn out, the audience disconnects, and the narrative FAILS. Adding even more time only exacerbates the problem.

DE needs to either: 1: Curb their enthusiasm a bit and concentrate on keeping the core game stable, yet interesting, before throwing themselves over three severely ambitious projects at the same time. Or: 2: Expand the team, so they at least have the capacity to handle the core game, while taking their big leaps, without leaving a large chunk of the game "in need of polish" /understatement

While yes I agree with you, giving them time wont solv the solution. Rushing them will just make more halfed baked projects that will in turn need reworks in the future. By rushing they can pump out content to feed the content drought, while bad it would be good enough for them. The issue is the fact that DE makes hard to do promises that take time. They say they will do this then, they work on it, time comes "Give us a week", we wait a week to get an update that needs tweaking in the future. I dont want the Dev to waste our and their time to a rework to fix some poor mechanic because they rushed out some content. Which is why that arcana update annoys me, it just a waste of time for the devs that could be used for things Corpus lichs, More railjack, and more things thats been n notice for like years. They need to fix what an issue now and take their time, then work on other projects later with better time and concentration. I like the deimos update but i can still feel it being rushed in so many ways. DE needs to tweak nightwave but by no means should they rush it.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Great. Another 2 months of exploding glassed mobs killing all my fish. Will the frequency ramp up even more with Ep5? I'm so bored of this happening that I'm barely playing right now and this has just put me right off.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Can I suggest a change in how nightwave is managed?

As it is Nightwave is an unhealthy mode, pushing players into grinding challenges for weeks for then stop and then re-start again...

These are the changes I'd like to see:

1. Elimination of daily and elite challenges. Eventually transform them in weekly ones (like 1500 heat kills, 50 mod picked-up, and so on)
  2. Every day a weekly challenge will be switched, instead of having all of them changed on monday, and will be active for 10 days. In this way, player's will have every day a new challenge (I think about those who play daily and mow complete all of them on tuesday), and they risk no more loss of point for daily challenges lost (I think about those who play few time a week).  After players complete all active challenges, the old ones not completed should turn active again, as it is now.
  3. No more prestige level. Weekly challenges give 5000 points and 10 nightwave credits. 

Please, no more grinding for sensless prestige level.

P.s. I'd like to see eliminated also all kuva lich challenges... It's a horrible thing pushing players to create liches and farm murmur only for 7000 points. Moreover, because I have now to complete all the restored challenges of the last month, I'll probably be blocked every week everytime these 2 elite challenges will the active...

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Yrkul:

Expand the team

Good one, like any company ever would do such, crunch is the norm after all and no one cares today aslong the product is godo right?  DE i thought would be so different to other companies but it slowly shows, i blame mostly also the money givers in this, publishers are the worst cancer that can exist today in the gaming industry. Yet we not just see such in gaming with crunch and to less people and getting fired if the CEOs screw something up.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

How about instead of having upper cap of ranks you just let us rank up indefinitely ? or add some sort of post cap reward for ranking up like maybe a universal medallion for each over cap rank ? at least in this way players like me who make all acts won't be penalized with lack of rewards once we get to the cap, it started being a problem with Intermission 1 and continued onward thought Emissary, Intermission 2 and now in Glassmaker,  hell i already have enough standing backlog to fill in 21 out of these 30 ranks that gonna show up.

17 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Good one, like any company ever would do such, crunch is the norm after all and no one cares today aslong the product is godo right?  DE i thought would be so different to other companies but it slowly shows, i blame mostly also the money givers in this, publishers are the worst cancer that can exist today in the gaming industry. Yet we not just see such in gaming with crunch and to less people and getting fired if the CEOs screw something up.

i'd say problem for DE is lack of focus on single project at the time,, like how many new things they announced they gonna work on already ?, and we still miss a lot of old stuff like 3rd Orb fight on Vallis, Duviri Paradox, New Warn, and we already heard DE planning to add Corpus expansion to lich system (which imo isn't ready for any expansions yet) more infested guns, infested kitgun parts and list is keep going and keep expanding, while at the same time DE fail to realize that either purposefully or by accident, core gameplay of Warframe is not one able to sustain stable audience and is main limiting factor for any of the new game modes to give players any kind of difficulty or challenge, or even feel different and fresh from previous  content due to how quickly the same flaws carry over

vor 1 Minute schrieb AVSManfred:

i'd say problem for DE is lack of focus on single project at the time,, like how many new things they announced they gonna work on already ?, and we still miss a lot of old stuff like 3rd Orb fight on Vallis, Duviri Paradox, New Warn, and we already heard DE planning to add Corpus expansion to lich system (which imo isn't ready for any expansions yet) more infested guns, infested kitgun parts and list is keep going and keep expanding, while at the same time DE fail to realize that either purposefully or by accident, core gameplay of Warframe is not one able to sustain stable audience and is main limiting factor for any of the new game modes to give players any kind of difficulty or challenge, or even feel different and fresh from previous  content due to how quickly the same flaws carry over

Yes, this is sadly the biggest problem they shown, i mean it even comes down to lore, did we really need Leviran? Which will be probably dropped as well and forgotten, instead of develop and evolve around what we have like the Codex and Simaris as lorekeeper or so. I uninstaleld before this Halloween "event" hit also.

I not touched Deimos since it came out with that Helmith system, it simply puts me off how we got another grind system like focus basically that goes nowhere and makes future reworks even less sometihng in the future probalby due now "if you not like it, jsut replace it".

The whole system is a bad idea before anything really got fixed first, look at Mirage tweak instead of rework due Helmith statistics showing how much it is used or so. I am sick of this by now simply and still follow forums for info but stopped playing, i am tired of chores, things i am feel forcedto playl ike Nighwave, instead of back thne i could play whenever i want.

Nightwave is the biggest screw up in my eyes, since it can lock people out not jsut rewards but lore, yet the lore is basically non existent aswell since it has no effect at all ann vansihes as soon the season is over agian, Wolf, just beacons to farm, Arlo with his boss nodes and two new enemys with that not appear anywhere else tho as you should expect, Gallsmaker, so suppsoedly mysterious yet won#t have any effect on anything after he is gone again probably. Even things like Parvos, he jsut vanished after beeing free? Will he be rspnsible for Corpus Lichs or will he jsut be forgotten and they trow antoher new thing at us?

Then things like Liches and Railjack people say, people see to much in it as it was annoucned which is partly true, yet DE themself presentedand compred it to Mordors Nemesis system and Railjack to "the battle of Endor". So no it is not jsut the communities fault, DE stopped long ago being the saint and savior of the gaming industry as they first where shown.

They dropped very low by now sadly, they still do things better then others but this not means much anymore due how close they get to those others now.

14 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Yes, this is sadly the biggest problem they shown, i mean it even comes down to lore, did we really need Leviran? Which will be probably dropped as well and forgotten, instead of develop and evolve around what we have like the Codex and Simaris as lorekeeper or so. I uninstaleld before this Halloween "event" hit also.

I not touched Deimos since it came out with that Helmith system, it simply puts me off how we got another grind system like focus basically that goes nowhere and makes future reworks even less sometihng in the future probalby due now "if you not like it, jsut replace it".

The whole system is a bad idea before anything really got fixed first, look at Mirage tweak instead of rework due Helmith statistics showing how much it is used or so. I am sick of this by now simply and still follow forums for info but stopped playing, i am tired of chores, things i am feel forcedto playl ike Nighwave, instead of back thne i could play whenever i want.

Nightwave is the biggest screw up in my eyes, since it can lock people out not jsut rewards but lore, yet the lore is basically non existent aswell since it has no effect at all ann vansihes as soon the season is over agian, Wolf, just beacons to farm, Arlo with his boss nodes and two new enemys with that not appear anywhere else tho as you should expect, Gallsmaker, so suppsoedly mysterious yet won#t have any effect on anything after he is gone again probably. Even things like Parvos, he jsut vanished after beeing free? Will he be rspnsible for Corpus Lichs or will he jsut be forgotten and they trow antoher new thing at us?

Then things like Liches and Railjack people say, people see to much in it as it was annoucned which is partly true, yet DE themself presentedand compred it to Mordors Nemesis system and Railjack to "the battle of Endor". So no it is not jsut the communities fault, DE stopped long ago being the saint and savior of the gaming industry as they first where shown.

They dropped very low by now sadly, they still do things better then others but this not means much anymore due how close they get to those others now.

With Lich and Railjack being overhyped it's DEs fault of keep hyping the community for these updates, they couldn't stop trying to make them into big deals, that went out on a wimp when launched

Liches are direct opposite of what "Nemesis system" as it was making each of the orcs more unique and forced different approach to fighting them, while liches... at least way how i fight them makes all the fights all the same, just take tanky frame, and beat ever living S#&$ out of them, their weapons don't make much difference, nor abilities the only real difference are requiem words but the combination is also always aquired in the same boring slug of grind way, unless you get lucky and discover them by jabbing lich with parazon(why i never run with empty parazon)

Railjack, outside of being just yet another grind isle, and terrible balance, wasn't that bad, just... grind gets boring quickly and seems like DE still haven't learnt this, as even after 1st re-work of Railjack even if way easier, grind for intrinsics was just boring

Archived