57 minutes ago, (PS4)Tekikko said:

Can I suggest a change in how nightwave is managed?

As it is Nightwave is an unhealthy mode, pushing players into grinding challenges for weeks for then stop and then re-start again...

These are the changes I'd like to see:

1. Elimination of daily and elite challenges. Eventually transform them in weekly ones (like 1500 heat kills, 50 mod picked-up, and so on)
  2. Every day a weekly challenge will be switched, instead of having all of them changed on monday, and will be active for 10 days. In this way, player's will have every day a new challenge (I think about those who play daily and mow complete all of them on tuesday), and they risk no more loss of point for daily challenges lost (I think about those who play few time a week).  After players complete all active challenges, the old ones not completed should turn active again, as it is now.
  3. No more prestige level. Weekly challenges give 5000 points and 10 nightwave credits. 

Please, no more grinding for sensless prestige level.

P.s. I'd like to see eliminated also all kuva lich challenges... It's a horrible thing pushing players to create liches and farm murmur only for 7000 points. Moreover, because I have now to complete all the restored challenges of the last month, I'll probably be blocked every week everytime these 2 elite challenges will the active...

Did you not do the 2nd and 3rd night wave at all. did you even do intermission? You would know that after the 1st season they made the whole catch up system. THey even made it so you can legit skip weeks of nightwave and just catch back up like nothing. Nightwave is not grindy anymore, and anyone who finds the need to rush it and complain need to shut off their systems because thats the most dumbest thing I see. The whole nightwave system in season 1 meesed up the players badly, you had tons of player burniut and player literally leaving warframe for a long break. So they thought to themselve "Jesus Christ, lets not have this happen again." So they removed the annoying missions, they added more mission, they added even more ways to gain standing, they worked out the kinks and flaws. You literally dont have to rush at all, YOU CAN HIT LEVEL 30 AND STOP, you can take as much time as you want. If not nightwave has became one of the least grindiest things in game as most of the objectives requires minnimun effort, most you just casually do, and others while being hard still give a lot of standing, any did i for get you can do the weekly only and get max rank. Should pass R30 give more than 15 credis, yes they should, we just want some cool items, a helmet requires at least 3 rank ups after round 30. While its not the most perfect things. players like ou who complain of Nghtwave being grind messes with the playerfeed back, you dont have to rush for nightwave challenges and no ones telling you "get it all done quick!!!

• Like 2
22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Think it's time to sunset Nightwave after this season and return to something more similar to Alerts.

Could even streamline it to where you do an Alert and you get Nightwave Credits and can then spend them on various rotating store-items.

• No more "story" tie in that ends up making it all go on for way too long.
    • And a "story" that ultimately doesn't mean much once the season is over.
  • No more annoying characters that talk way too much with no way to be muted.
  • Easier to manage and keep on a regular schedule.

Nightwave was an ambitious idea bogged down by some poor management and a tedious economy system (i.e. do a thing to get XP to then eventually rank up numerous times just to finally get credits to then be able to buy items from a store).

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Sean said:

Think it's time to sunset Nightwave after this season and return to something more similar to Alerts.

Could even streamline it to where you do an Alert and you get Nightwave Credits and can then spend them on various rotating store-items.

• No more "story" tie in that ends up making it all go on for way too long.
    • And a "story" that ultimately doesn't mean much once the season is over.
  • No more annoying characters that talk way too much with no way to be muted.
  • Easier to manage and keep on a regular schedule.

Nightwave was an ambitious idea bogged down by some poor management and a tedious economy system (i.e. do a thing to get XP to then eventually rank up numerous times just to finally get credits to then be able to buy items from a store).

I'd say we don't need to retire NW system as a whole, but return of alerts would be nice change of pace, after all i think what Alerts managed to replicate better than NW is that the system is living and active, especially back when we had this small blurb of text with each alert describing brief backstory of what's going on, also felt more like a break from routine than just another form of routine

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

I'd say we don't need to retire NW system as a whole, but return of alerts would be nice change of pace, after all i think what Alerts managed to replicate better than NW is that the system is living and active, especially back when we had this small blurb of text with each alert describing brief backstory of what's going on, also felt more like a break from routine than just another form of routine

I'm more saying to retire Nightwave in its current form, then replacing it with a more solid system that is streamlined that can fill the same end-goal. The Halo Collection's Challenge System is actually a really good model that I wish DE used instead.

That one is just a simple:

1. Do a challenge.

2. Get rewarded for the challenge.

No other weird steps like having to get XP just to rank up.

Just a simple reward for completing what you were shown.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Sean said:

I'm more saying to retire Nightwave in its current form, then replacing it with a more solid system that is streamlined that can fill the same end-goal. The Halo Collection's Challenge System is actually a really good model that I wish DE used instead.

Not familiar with Halo challenges, this franchise isn't popular where i live but honestly i feel we need something that is more akin to combination between NW and alerts

Il y a 2 heures, Viges a dit :

nicolas cage laughing GIF

A comment of a WF player who've apparently never doing previous NW, because, by the past, we've got the ranks retroactivly during an Intermission ; during Intermission 2 (if i've a good memory), originally at ranks 30+30, we've got 30 more ranks, and when this changes occurs, i've got 5 Ranks retroactivly.

Verify before posting - this sort of comment - next time please, because, sometimes, i've says (for me) DE doing "bad things", but about this retroactive things, it's a good thing and thank you DE for that ; i've just says "i hope it's the same thing for this new Ranks", that's it :wink:

sorry if this seems like a rant but here it goes.
well, guess that what happens when a company cant keep up with a simple season model... 
for real, its almost 6 months of this nightwave, i used to belive in the potential of DE, but its damn hard to belive if you guys cant even keep a nice pace with a season model for the nightwave.
I have a feeling that we will endup with simple "never ending intermissions" with a reset from time to time in the same rewards from older nightwaves in the future by this pace, that would be just as going back to the alert system.

its hard to say this and for people to read it but it is the truth.
and this has nothing to do with pandemic since other companies released full games this year dispite the problem. so dont use this as excuse for a simple update on keeping ongoing content.
sorry, but after 7 years playing this game i lost hope for the future of long term goals and content, or even the upkeep of older content that for sure you guys seems to have a problem.
I want to help from the bottom of my heart but there is nothing i can do if as a company you guys lack focus.
and i trully want to say thank you for the devs that keep trying to go foward dispite all of this or people like Rebb that put out so many fires and try its best to make things happen, but sometimes, we try our best and its still not enough.

• Like 3
vor 6 Stunden schrieb kaelvamp:

other companies released full games this year

To be fair on this, yes DE does this for years, but the other companies i would NOT use as example please, crunch in the worst ways there after all and sadl people take it as the norm, DE does a lot screw ups but they still do things better in my eyes then other companies, humans are horrible, aslogn the product is good the meanings are ok i guess right? Looking at Cyberpunk 2077 here, with all the crunch still going on. And why, because money, because deadlines, publishers and money givers are the worst in this and belonged burned down honestly. Like DE's money giving chinese overlords.

On 2020-10-21 at 1:58 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

REALLY Delayed reply here on our part, but only had enough information today to comment. We are adding 30 more Prestige Ranks when Episode 5 launches (soon TM). Apologies for the delay! 

Thank you so much for doing this! I really like doing the Nightwave challenges, as it keeps me engaged with lots of small stuff, as well as getting some extra goodies from the NW shop.

Also, Im eagerly waiting for the last episode of Nightwave Season 3 ^^

The Prestige rank limit should be removed, not talking for myself since I haven't done much past rank 30 but there are lots of players that need the rewards and without credits they aren't gonna get them. Statistically I don't know how many people have actually reached the max, but knowing how long the last Nightwaves been up for, maybe remove that limit and avoid blocking player progression.

• Like 2

Get rid of the cap. It won’t kill the value of potatoes because we currently have 400 weapons and over 80 Warframes. If a player choose the nightwave route it will take them around 600 weeks to gather enough orokin potatoes, that’s almost 12 years.

Getting rid of the cap will give players something to do while you can develop new content in peace.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Get rid of the cap. It won’t kill the value of potatoes because we currently have 400 weapons and over 80 Warframes. If a player choose the nightwave route it will take them around 600 weeks to gather enough orokin potatoes, that’s almost 12 years.

Getting rid of the cap will give players something to do while you can develop new content in peace.

I think the issue here is that a lot of players aren't just feeling the rank cap is an issue. There is a pretty vocal group who is just bored of nightwave, as a whole. It is really drawn out and pretty repetitive/boring. The only real draw is the umbra forma and a few other rewards prior to hitting prestige ranks. 

Personally I say keep nightwave but remove the seasonal crap. Just have nora rotate through intermission and previous nightwave stuff each week. One week we have a sledge nightwave, then a glass maker, then intermission, then emissary, etc. Have the actual nightwave stuff change weekly alongside the challenges. 

Then introduce acolytes and former large-scale events back as weekly nightwave runs. Set it up to cycle these randomly so that it doesn't need babysat by any staff member and have the team focus on stuff that isn't a waste of time/resources.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Marine027 said:

To be fair on this, yes DE does this for years, but the other companies i would NOT use as example please, crunch in the worst ways there after all and sadl people take it as the norm, DE does a lot screw ups but they still do things better in my eyes then other companies, humans are horrible, aslogn the product is good the meanings are ok i guess right? Looking at Cyberpunk 2077 here, with all the crunch still going on. And why, because money, because deadlines, publishers and money givers are the worst in this and belonged burned down honestly. Like DE's money giving chinese overlords.

The situation with Cyberpuunk 2077 is wildly blown out of proportion, as even in one of the interviews with one of the Directors we learnt that devs in CDPR were given choice to either delay game further or crunch, and quoting her "vast majority decided to crunch", so it's not like they were given no choice to do so, just people who want to hate on CDPR using fact of cruch going on as ammo against them

Anyways here is the video of someone who is better informed on the situation

Edited by AVSManfred
vor 15 Minuten schrieb AVSManfred:

The situation with Cyberpuunk 2077 is wildly blown out of proportion, as even in one of the interviews with one of the Directors we learnt that devs in CDPR were given choice to either delay game further or crunch, and quoting her "vast majority decided to crunch", so it's not like they were given no choice to do so, just people who want to hate on CDPR using fact of cruch going on as ammo against them

Anyways here is the video of someone who is better informed on the situation

I see your point, but my point on it is simply just because something is better then something else not makes it necessary a good thing, becasue this is what people mainly do, "it is at least not EA" and such, but ignoring that people make mistakes and dumb decisions and only looking witha blind eye at it won't change any, this goes for both sides, the world is not just black adn white i say, No one is perfect and flawless, and no one is truely the devil i believe, expet maybe Randy Pitchfork and such alike but not the whole company.

My point is that the managers that decide thigns can be A******s, so can the community who is impatiant and not want to wait for a game forever, then praise Devs for things like hotfixes that should simply not be needed in the first place.

I simply say could we stop praise things because they do things better that should be the norm and given normally to how things work and not aside thought in todays gaming production. The history shown we given such companys ot much chanced, chances that makes the workers under it onyl suffer more, if i #*!% up in my job a lot i also get fired, right. It simply shows waht is all wrong in any industry and how untouchable some people became and how less workes are protected against such.

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

I see your point, but my point on it is simply just because something is better then something else not makes it necessary a good thing, becasue this is what people mainly do, "it is at least not EA" and such, but ignoring that people make mistakes and dumb decisions and only looking witha blind eye at it won't change any, this goes for both sides, the world is not just black adn white i say, No one is perfect and flawless, and no one is truely the devil i believe, expet maybe Randy Pitchfork and such alike but not the whole company.

My point is that the managers that decide thigns can be A******s, so can the community who is impatiant and not want to wait for a game forever, then praise Devs for things like hotfixes that should simply not be needed in the first place.

I simply say could we stop praise things because they do things better that should be the norm and given normally to how things work and not aside thought in todays gaming production. The history shown we given such companys ot much chanced, chances that makes the workers under it onyl suffer more, if i #*!% up in my job a lot i also get fired, right. It simply shows waht is all wrong in any industry and how untouchable some people became and how less workes are protected against such.

OK, just wanted to clear a bit this heav overreaction to CDPR crunch, like crunch is amost a curse word in gaming now becouse of all the stories of crunch revealed recently, but what i've noticed and most of ppl covering them are happy to ignore is most of the time these reports of crunch are inseparable from toxic work enviorments and just abusive work practices of these studios, something that might have bigger impact on mental health than crunch, especially if this kind of enviorment is standard even outside crunch periods... but i'll leave it here

And speaking of  nt praising DE for doing bare minimum, beocuse it's better than what a lot of AAA companies do so many Warframe YT'er were ringing this #*!%ing bell for so long but noone listened to them, only now when game is on brink of dying people aare realizing that "o S#&$ game is aobut to die DE do something" but even with this realization they don't have clear idea what could save this game becouse, they are not able to think of radica changes to core gamepay this game needs badly

vor 36 Minuten schrieb AVSManfred:

OK, just wanted to clear a bit this heav overreaction to CDPR crunch, like crunch is amost a curse word in gaming now becouse of all the stories of crunch revealed recently, but what i've noticed and most of ppl covering them are happy to ignore is most of the time these reports of crunch are inseparable from toxic work enviorments and just abusive work practices of these studios, something that might have bigger impact on mental health than crunch, especially if this kind of enviorment is standard even outside crunch periods... but i'll leave it here

And speaking of  nt praising DE for doing bare minimum, beocuse it's better than what a lot of AAA companies do so many Warframe YT'er were ringing this #*!%ing bell for so long but noone listened to them, only now when game is on brink of dying people aare realizing that "o S#&$ game is aobut to die DE do something" but even with this realization they don't have clear idea what could save this game becouse, they are not able to think of radica changes to core gamepay this game needs badly

I agree on this actually, crunch is jsut the best and most known example atm i can give really. of coruse the problems root deper and far more spread with different other problems like even sexual abuse or insults or other things in the industry aswell.

Main point again is simply how people accept it as the norm and are happy aslogn the product us good or at least ok, because we lal know that things like EA will #*!% up always, that not means others can't or will i simply say, because it is not good to turn a blind eyes to something becasue they to it less bad.

Extreme example but it is like seeing Hitler as a less worse person then lets say anyone else in humans history because he killed less then others due pure numbers or so. It still not makes it better.

1 hour ago, Cradicias said:

Would be nice if once we hit the "Rank cap" we started getting nightwave credits for the challenges we complete instead of more rank XP, even if it was just like 5 per.

This or, what i suggested earlier after reaching cap getting universal medalion for each rank-up over cap

56 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I agree on this actually, crunch is jsut the best and most known example atm i can give really. of coruse the problems root deper and far more spread with different other problems like even sexual abuse or insults or other things in the industry aswell.

Main point again is simply how people accept it as the norm and are happy aslogn the product us good or at least ok, because we lal know that things like EA will #*!% up always, that not means others can't or will i simply say, because it is not good to turn a blind eyes to something becasue they to it less bad.

Extreme example but it is like seeing Hitler as a less worse person then lets say anyone else in humans history because he killed less then others due pure numbers or so. It still not makes it better.

Well as much as crunch shouldn't be norm, considering that game development is process with so many variables, that even with good management you can't  predict every road bump the development will have to go trough, i feel like sometimes it's more of necessary evil to just don't keep delaying game indefinitely, like so far only project that could afford it is Star Citizen and many ppl already see it as scam due to how small any progress it developers do over long periods of time, while still being a money vortex, so yeah crunch isn't a nice thing but, probably if not for other factors, it wouldn't be that big of an issue, it just get exaggerated due to fact of it contributing to problems with everything else, and this extreme example, well there are few people that could be called worse than him but... hell these are figures that tend to be inspiration for villains almost as often as him so go guess

On 2020-10-20 at 7:58 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

REALLY Delayed reply here on our part, but only had enough information today to comment. We are adding 30 more Prestige Ranks when Episode 5 launches (soon TM). Apologies for the delay! 

Please help me Rebecca, I got unfairly negative platinum because of an error in steam, I asked for support and they refunded my purchase with a 75% discount, even if they gave me the money back, I don't have any more money to make a purchase full, and because of this error I lost my account. I'm Brazilian, the value goes from 100 to 400 and I don't have that money now, please help me ..
I already contacted Warframe support and they said they couldn't give me the 75% discount, but I'm not just asking for a discount, I'm asking to buy back what I bought, exactly because of the mistake of third parties, look at the my account, see my progress, how much time I have on Warframe, I never did anything wrong and this is happening to me. The support does not help at all, I have my account unfairly negative, and to solve this problem for many days, just send me a 75% discount so I could buy it back, because steam refunded something I didn't send .. if i could log into my account now i would have 75% discount, this is not uncommon .. help please!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb AVSManfred:

Well as much as crunch shouldn't be norm, considering that game development is process with so many variables, that even with good management you can't  predict every road bump the development will have to go trough, i feel like sometimes it's more of necessary evil to just don't keep delaying game indefinitely, like so far only project that could afford it is Star Citizen and many ppl already see it as scam due to how small any progress it developers do over long periods of time, while still being a money vortex, so yeah crunch isn't a nice thing but, probably if not for other factors, it wouldn't be that big of an issue, it just get exaggerated due to fact of it contributing to problems with everything else, and this extreme example, well there are few people that could be called worse than him but... hell these are figures that tend to be inspiration for villains almost as often as him so go guess

I see it more as humanity problem here, failures and delays are not allowed and people loose there S#&$ over there precious money from investors that already have enough, becasue i see it this way, with games, let us be honest the 60$ price tag means nothing anymore, it not calculates effort, materials, time etc, it just got set unlike any other prodcut mostly in the world, debatable of course with things like cheap vs expensive cloths as example. Humanity simply sucks.

On 2020-10-20 at 7:44 PM, Zahnny said:

This is genuinely not a jab at anyone at DE, but it might be worth getting some more people to check the forums for when issues like this happen. I reported it back on the 22nd of September, this thread is from the 14th, and I've heard even more claim it's gone on for longer.

This was reported as far back as the Series 1. The thing is that Nightwave was meant to be smaller content that DE themselves could keep up inbetween bigger updates IIRC. However, as we see it with this and previous series (ESPECIALLY the Intermission that last longer than the Series...), they couldn't follow that schedule either, which kinda counters the reason it was made as a replacement for Alerts (COVID had nothing to do with the super long Intermission either, so that shouldn't be used as a reasoning). I don't blame anyone in DE either, but I do hold them accountable for game designs when some (dare I say obvious) flaws show up. 

At this point I'm completely on the side of simply removing the prestige cap.

Edited by Casardis
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Casardis said:

This was reported as far back as the Series 1. The thing is that Nightwave was meant to be smaller content that DE themselves could keep up inbetween bigger updates IIRC. However, as we see it with this and previous series (ESPECIALLY the Intermission that last longer than the Series...), they couldn't follow that schedule either, which kinda counters the reason it was made as a replacement for Alerts (COVID had nothing to do with the super long Intermission either, so that shouldn't be used as a reasoning). I don't blame anyone in DE either, but I do hold them accountable for game designs when some (dare I say obvious) flaws show up. 

I think main problem with Nightwave is that DE themselves underestimated that this "battle pass" type of system works for other games because this is an always worked on content, rather than what they wanted it to be, a throwaway content that might keep players busy when they work on something else but, they just overdid it so badly, taking stupid long to actually take care of Nightwave becasue other projects, and now with the detective minigame for Glass maker increasing amount of work for making new episodes even more...just bad execution of idea that wasn't that great to begin with

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Casardis said:

You are correct what Nightwave was supposed to be. That was a lie. We can list many times of things they said that were completely untrue: rivens, railjack, nemesis, warframe revised, they do more lies than truths and it keeps getting worse.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

I see it more as humanity problem here, failures and delays are not allowed and people loose there S#&$ over there precious money from investors that already have enough, becasue i see it this way, with games, let us be honest the 60$ price tag means nothing anymore, it not calculates effort, materials, time etc, it just got set unlike any other prodcut mostly in the world, debatable of course with things like cheap vs expensive cloths as example. Humanity simply sucks.

I Know business side of things plays role in this entire problem too, and honestly more often than anything else but... ehh we as players and  customers let it be this way for long enough that there is now way for a change happening overnight, and even back when business side of things wasn't that much of a hindrance for game development, there were stories of crunch caused either by bad management or developer underestimating how big project they took upon themselves, hell a lot of really promising games ended up on cutting block because of that

• Like 1