Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Uncommon" conservation targets are WAY too rare.

anarchy753

I barely see these things. There's Sly Vulpaphylas everywhere, every tracked target is one, I have used hundreds of their tags. The rare Panzer is 'rare,' but I still see them roaming sometimes and using a pheremone all but guarantees one. The same goes for basically every conservation animal, piles of common Avichaea, Viscid can be bought for pheremones, but Sporule basically don't exist.

Son's tokens treat these as though you should be seeing them in almost the same amounts as the common variant, but as someone who's done a LOT of conservation, I can count on one hand the amount of Crescent Vulpaphylas I've seen and still have a thumb to spare. It's not like they're even rewarding to find, they still cost a lot of tags to get a single token because they're not the "rare" breed.

Please, and this goes for all 3 open worlds, uncommon should be like a 1 in 3 chance of spawning, both with and without pheremones. As it is they are basically extinct.

(Also Deimos conservation is still missing from the codex.)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with your analysis. I am trying to finish getting enough for two floofs and the conservation tag. My last two were Crescent Vulpaphyla and Sporule Avichaea. Animals other than the Vulpaphla and Avichaea don't seem to have this problem, however. It wasn't always like this, because I have just run around in the past and tagged at least some of the Crescents as free roaming.

If I use pheromones, I am guaranteed a Panzer or Viscid. If no pheromones, I only get Sly or Common. Very frustrating. I have seen them spawn, but it has been over a week.

I FINALLY got enough of the Panzers today, but the Sporules are not spawning, and it doesn't matter if it is Fass or Vome. I spent all day hunting yesterday without either of them spawning. I was tagging free spawns and lured spawns. Nothing.

I don't think the problem is only this open world either. I have noticed all the conservation targets are mostly reskinned PoE targets. I haven't gotten the Mergoos either. Same problems.  They either need to be more common lure targets (I get over 60% of the lure sites to be Cryptilex, and the rest are usually Predasite. I sometimes go out and only get one site maybe two for Vulpaphla. Shouldn't they be just as rare as Predasites? Both Mergoos and Avicaea lures are almost nonexistant when looking for them.

On top of that, the common advice to equip a lure before looking on the mini-map for that type? Never has worked. On ALL open worlds, I have tried equipping a lure and almost always look for the nearest spawn, but get some other animal track. Never has worked.

TL;DR ==> Crescent Vulpaphyla and Sporule Avichaea are either just not spawning or not being lured.  Vulpaphla lure sites are rarer than Predasites but should be just as common. Avichaeas and Mergoos lure sites are too rare. Equipping a lure does NOT narrow down the lure sites to just that lure type of animal.

Archived