The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Predasite vs Vulpaphyla | Why DE should buff/rework Predasites

mrmonday1

Vulpaphylas are clearly far superior to Predasites because of one thing: Devolution

Devolution allows the player to have an IMMORTAL companion which is an amazing thing and is available to ALL Vulpaphylas, the best being the Panzer Vulpaphyla, which acts like a mini-Saryn.

Taking a look at all 3 Predsite species, the Medjay seems to be the most appealing since its kit revolves around Finishers and while I personally don't like that playstyle, I'm sure some player will. The Vizier and Pharoah Predasites are the most disappointing with the Vizier granting healing for 5 seconds and the Pharoah granting a toxin buff for 5 seconds and the player has to stand on these "spores" to receive these buffs (They don't grant these very often and you literally have to stand behind your Predasite to receive them also their other precepts are either weak or buggy)

So here are my suggestions:

GIVE PREDASITES DEVOLUTION

Honestly. The Predasite abilities are bad and they do need buffing/reworking but why do Vulpaphylas get to be immortal companions and Predasites don't? They are both Infested companions but Devolution is only exclusive to one? Even the Helminth Dog cant do that. This seems to be an ongoing trend with DE with them favoring Kavat-type companions rather than the Kubrow-type ones. The 2 Kavat species are more useful than the majority of the Kubrow species including the Helminth dog. Seriously DE, if anything, make the Predasite immortal because they look damn cool and there needs to be more player choice

9 minutes ago, Aldain said:

DE is outrageously biased towards cats, this is a sad truth that nobody wants to address.

So does internet LOL look at all those cats video ^.^ 

18 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

Every companion should have this, including the Sentinels

Yeah like the djinn ^.^ 

Long story short i'm quite happy to see i'm not the only one noticing that.

Doesen't realy matter till basic things are fixed on the pets. They are much more passive in squads. Like they lose 60 IQ just becouse someone sees them...maybe they are shy?

Pets feel like an "utility tab" ... not a companion as they try to sell them. We already should have a "weapon" slot (maybe collar dunno) on them so we can use the dmg mods and ATTACK PATTERN mods on them. (that would be nice right? could put swipe and stuff there). There is just not enough room to kit them out properly in one tab.

But sadly like all the content, DE makes it than abandon it till enough player starts to whine about it. (see-> Railjack, Conclave, TRIALS, ect ect...)

One small gripe I have with Vulpas devolution is the way Radar and Vacuum gets disabled while it's in its larva form. But I suppose that's a small tradeoff for having what is technically an unkillable pet.

58 minutes ago, Aldain said:

DE is outrageously biased towards cats, this is a sad truth that nobody wants to address.

Cats >>>> Dogs. And that's a fact.

12 minutes ago, Askell91 said:

But sadly like all the content, DE makes it than abandon it till enough player starts to whine about it. (see-> Railjack, Conclave, TRIALS, ect ect...)

Who the Hek cares about Conclave?

It is very obvious that whoever makes these hates Dogs and doesnt want players to find them useful.

They also have an unhealthy love for cats as almost all cats are amazing in one way or the other.

I like all animals, so i am a little sad for the doggos and their distant cousins.

9 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Dijin has it already, more likely sentinels want Dijin's ability because at least they get back up soon.

I'd be happy if healing abilities like Wukong's cloud would affect them. It's seriously annoying to watch them die from splash AoE damage that we have zero control over.

Or give us a Pack Leader style mod where we can heal them via our damage output.

25 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It is very obvious that whoever makes these hates Dogs and doesnt want players to find them useful.

They also have an unhealthy love for cats as almost all cats are amazing in one way or the other.

I like all animals, so i am a little sad for the doggos and their distant cousins.

Most of the Kubrow species need some love. All the useful abilities go to Kavats

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Aldain:

The "discrimination" already starts with the design.

Kavats

• different and beautiful tail variants
  • Differnt ear varaints
  • Full body armor (even if the kuva armor looks ugly)
  • Two different animations with the helminth  (In one animations does the helminth eat the kavat and I'm not sure if it does count)

Kubrow

• They have a horn (which doesn't fulfill wishes.)

Seriously if the DE would remove the horn from the kubrows would this alone increase the kubrow usage by atleats 500%.

Archived