Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Can't 4 Million Tenno Accomplish Two Objectives At Once? [Faction Event Problem]

Nerokerubina

I want everyone here to carefully read this message from the Lotus...

rH6C5OK.jpg

...If we fight for the Grineer our fellow Tenno fall to the mercy of Alad V...

How does allying ourselves with Alad V going to make him give up the Tenno he already has?

How exactly are the Tenno going to fall to the mercy of Alad V if we're siding with the Grineer to SAVE them from Alad V?

Did DE even bother to re-read what the wrote? It literally makes no sense.

And going by what this says, there is literally NO benefit for siding with the Grineer, what so ever (lore wise). Shouldn't there be a more convincing reason to side with the Grineer?

If we really have 4 million Tenno why wouldn't we just send, like a few thousand to get the ones the Corpus got (Cyro Tenno), and distract everyone else with the rest?

HOT Post in this thread

theGreathZamboni explains it the best and is a must read

What is truly wrong with Warframes and possibilities on how to fix it. A in depth view on what not to do as a Game Developer

https://forums.warfr...blem/?p=1446444

Ced23Ric Improved Lotus Message; Must Read

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/122513-why-cant-4-million-tenno-accomplish-two-objectives-at-once-faction-event-problem/?p=1447388r

Edited by Nerokerubina

I want everyone here to carefully read this message from the Lotus...

rH6C5OK.jpg

...If we fight for the Grineer our fellow Tenno fall to the mercy of Alad V...

How does allying ourselves with Alad V going to make him give up the Tenno he already has?

How exactly are the Tenno going to fall to the mercy of Alad V if we're siding with the Grineer to SAVE them from Alad V?

Did DE even bother to re-read what the wrote? It literally makes no sense.

yeah this makes very little sense. Fighting for the corpus seems like it would let them KEEP the tenno they are about to find.

Fighting for Grinner looks like it would at worst, stop the corpus from keeping the Tenno. As the grineer don't know where the Tenno are?

yeah this makes very little sense. Fighting for the corpus seems like it would let them KEEP the tenno they are about to find.

Fighting for Grinner looks like it would at worst, stop the corpus from keeping the Tenno. As the grineer don't know where the Tenno are?

stahp being confused, guy.

stahp it.

feel free to convert the lotus' message into english, or whicever dialect of it you speak.

"grineer y corpus es no muy bien. usted para matar grineer y corpus. "

Hazmatzone, on 22 Oct 2013 - 6:06 PM, said:

Why can't we just enjoy the event without being picky about every little detail?

truly.

Edited by d1ru

Politics. Those factions (at least the higher echelons) are on a partnership. Corpus' salvages Warframes and sells them on the highest bidder.

The Grineer on the other hand, are scattered and isolated acquires Warframes from the Corpus since they cannot kill a single Tenno. Poor Grineers.

Like said before, if we fight for the Grineer, we'll have to deal with Alad having the Tenno for a short time.

But if we fight for the Corpus, we'll stop the Grineer from seizing more power and hopefully get our fellow Tenno.

So siding with Grineer; no way I'm going to help the group that has sent Fusion Moa specifically designed to murder us and has taken our sleeping brethren. Informers were a joke, so Grineer get my help.

That is some absolutely painful writing right there, I think they're trying to give the game an illusion of depth by giving the playerbase a choice but it just seems like a rubbish choice backed up by even worse writing.

Sadly the bad writing is a symptom of DE's approach towards writing that doesn't seem to go away, it's as if they see writing as a throwaway tool to explain development choices rather than as anything important.

It leaves the game the same grade of writing as such wonderfully written games games as 50 Cent : Blood on the Sand.

Edited by waaaaaaaals

That is some absolutely painful writing right there, I think they're trying to give the game depth by giving the playerbase a choice but it just seems like a rubbish choice.

Sadly it's a symptom of DE's approach towards the writing that doesn't seem to go away, it's as if they see writing as a throwaway tool to explain development choices rather than as anything important.

It leaves the game the same grade of writing as such wonderfully written games games as 50 Cent : Blood on the Sand.

yeah, say that when the grineer win and we dont get the new frame for awhile because of it

I think it's more like if we side with the Grineer we will have to destroy our fellow Tenno, maybe...

That's what I'm getting from the last couple of lines anyway, Could be wrong :)

didnt think of that. that would be AWESOME

yeah, say that when the grineer win and we dont get the new frame for awhile because of it

The new frame is coming with U11, which is so far off that a small time event won't make a bit of difference to it's release date.

Besides that, DE are desperate to keep people playing, player rates are dropping and they see adding more frames as a way to keep people playing.

Even DE aren't misguided enough to shoot themselves in the foot by holding completed content they have back just for the sake of it.

this is whats going to happen: the corpus will win, and we will get the new frame bp as a result. IF the grineer HAD one, resources would be super freakin cheap for awhile, since the corpus would be practically in chains at the mercy of grineer. but since that wont happen....

ill have fun playing against the corpus until then

edit: added "bp"

Edited by d1ru

This doesn't make sense to me either. To me the situation read like this:

Corpus have captured Tenno = bad

Corpus using Tenno in secret project = bad

Grineer want to kill Corpus for this = good

I also want to kill Corpus for this = obvious faction choice is obvious.

I don't see how siding with the people who are processing Tenno in a project that would probably resemble torture is somehow supposed to help them.