Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What new builds have you created with Helminth System?

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

On 2020-09-14 at 7:01 PM, ShyGuySpirit said:

The hack thing on Ivara - Doesn't work on sorties, so I'm going to change it. Got rid of the Bow I never use.

What?! I put it specifically for this thing and I cannot use it... gonna test it myself and fill the bug if it's correct.

Firewalker on Revenant (firewalker with your box moving)
Firewalker on Grendel (firewalker with his Ball; this need some duration so I couldn't just put 40%)
Firewalker on Protea instead of her Dispensary. It doesn't prevent her knockdown-on-death but it might be helpful. Need more testing.

6 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

Wait, how does Roar max out any of her mote buffs besides possibly Shock?

what I mean is her most common build is to max out the mote buffs, Which to do that you're building for strength and duration typically. Strength and duration also is what you need to do for a roar build so it fits on her well

13 minutes ago, Eluminary said:

what I mean is her most common build is to max out the mote buffs, Which to do that you're building for strength and duration typically. Strength and duration also is what you need to do for a roar build so it fits on her well

That's fair. Personally I use Empower as it's cheaper and directly buffs her motes. 365% power strength in-mission is delicious 😋

39 minutes ago, Anaktoria said:

That's fair. Personally I use Empower as it's cheaper and directly buffs her motes. 365% power strength in-mission is delicious 😋

Roar is the better option for a wisp mote build. Empower has to be cast prior to each use of mote for a 50% buff. Roar can go higher than 50% and one cast is enough for all 6 motes.

4 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Roar is the better option for a wisp mote build. Empower has to be cast prior to each use of mote for a 50% buff. Roar can go higher than 50% and one cast is enough for all 6 motes.

Roar doesn't affect power strength, only player-dealt damage.

On 2020-09-16 at 1:05 PM, quxier said:

What?! I put it specifically for this thing and I cannot use it... gonna test it myself and fill the bug if it's correct.

Firewalker on Revenant (firewalker with your box moving)
Firewalker on Grendel (firewalker with his Ball; this need some duration so I couldn't just put 40%)
Firewalker on Protea instead of her Dispensary. It doesn't prevent her knockdown-on-death but it might be helpful. Need more testing.

It was a bug, it works.

23 hours ago, Anaktoria said:

Roar doesn't affect power strength, only player-dealt damage.

It doesn't affect the motes? I thought I'd been buffed with Roar in the past (before helminth) and my motes were stronger than before. I guess I was misremembering or maybe getting it mixed up with something else.

47 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It doesn't affect the motes? I thought I'd been buffed with Roar in the past (before helminth) and my motes were stronger than before. I guess I was misremembering or maybe getting it mixed up with something else.

You can buff your motes with empower but not roar.

With the help and inspiration of a YouTuber, i made a Frost build that not just strip armor, it can also deal infinite damage with Snow Globe. Who would had thought i would stumble across a fellow frost player that showed me how he made such an achievement.

Khora Ensnare to group enemies, a pure status Kuva Nukor for lots of viral, jump on top of group of enemies, snow globe, they die. And if that does not kill em, I pretty much land on a snow globe, so i can shoot the survivors with Redeemer Prime or my Kuva Bramma.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I put Null Star on Chroma replacing his effigy (which I never use nor intend to), adding some duration mods and taking range to avoid losing the spheres too easily and that's it, pretty much can tank without worrying too much of everything shooting at me from every direction. If I run low on HP I just pull out my 100% crit chance Hirudo and restore health, lol.

And gave Nova Elemental ward, replacing the portal because I wanted to build her as a tank, so far works.

So far:

1) Fire Blast Valkyr (Favorite build so far; this has done wonders for my Valkyr)

2) Roar Wukong (I wanted something that would benefit the clone)

3) Fire Walker Gauss (Perfect fit)

4) Gloom Excalibur Umbra (Has increased his survivability and usefulness in other mission types such as Mobile Defense and Interception

5) Pillage Ember (Makes her nearly unkillable)

6) [Savage] Silence Ash (Fun and powerful; didn't use Ash prior to this)

7) Reave/Gloom Garuda (Both fit her vampire theme well)

I have to admit I love the Helminth system even with the nerfs. It has made me experiment and try several new builds.

Well, six months later, and I don't think I've been all that adventurous.

My best build so far is probably my Gloom Saryn. She's bloody invincible now, and even keeps my Smeeta alive easy peasy. Went straight to my first choice for farming Steel Essence.

Ensnare Protea. Yeah, Larva is probably still better, but Ensnare has the same range without Overextended, can be re-cast, and looks less weird.

Banish Loki. Probably my new first choice for Rescues. Even did alright in Sortie Defense.

Roar on my Mesa, Valkyr, Eidolon hunting Trinity and Baruuk. Yeah, not very imaginative, but they work.

Elemental Ward Mirage. Leveraged her sky-high ability strength to give her a bit of a survivability she needed. Probably saved her position as my first choice for Fissures, as before Helminth she was steadily getting displaced by Khora.

Speaking of Khora, I've put Shooting Gallery on her for a little radial CC. I've also put Shooting Gallery on Zephyr and Gara; because why not go for extra invincibility?

I've also put Pull on Limbo for his loot bombing build, but I heard Xaku is better at that. Might have to take another look at them - once I have a few more Formas.

Well, Since I have 6 configs for Gauss, and 4 of them use subsumed abilities...

1A) Infested mobility Gauss for mega speed

1B) Firewalker Gauss for the flair

1C) Perspecaity Gauss for when I dont want to be bothered with spy vaults and just mach rush through the alarms

1D) Energized munitions for Ultra Dakka

2) Pillage Harrow for max overshields at all times

3&4) Empower Chroma and Oberon for buff effectiveness. I also run smite infusion on Obi so I get an even bigger team buff

5-9) Elemental Ward (Ice) Rhinl for maximum ironskin, Ice for Grendel to quadruple his effective EHP, Electric for Hildryn for even more shield stats and a side of damage, and fire Inaros for bonus hp. 
10) Gloom protea

11) Creeping Terrify Sevagoth

Edit: Almost forgot, Decoy limbo. Meme as hell (not as meme as my decoy wukong ;)    ) but works kinda well since you can banish the decoy

On 2020-09-16 at 5:15 PM, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Helminth has turned out to be quite a great thing indeed. Much potential. Imagine if they added the option to add in a 2nd ability that we have subsumed to replace a Warframes ability. There is already so much theory modding with the mix of abilities. Now if only we had a way to swap out our Warframes passives for some of the WF's that have useless passives.

If we could replace 2 abilities, I'd put both Blood Altar and Larva on Inaros (ditching his useless Devour and Sandstorm).

And in the spirit of this thread:

Blood Altar has amazing synergies on Inaros

• It gives him a good gapcloser, something he lacks
  • It make the target invulnerable, which is perfect for having a much longer lasting Scarab Swarm target!
  • It gives him a good healing ability (he already has healing, but Blood Altar is a better emergency heal than his other tools, imo)
    • If combining it with Scarab Swarm, its continous heavy heal is perfect for healing up while charging up Scarab Swarm percentage too

Larva (and Airbust too now, after the recent Zephyr revsist) is just such a generally good ability for easy multitaget takedowns.
But for Inaros, he can do a fun, but highly impractical, "Scarab Swarm pandemic":

• Cast Larva to gather a bunch of targets
  • Cast Scarab Swarm on them (this combo so far is useful in general)
  • Cast Sandstorm to scatter the affected targets, to hopefully spread Scarab Swarm to more scattered targets (not practical, but fun when it works)

Archived