Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you dislike Protea's temporal anchor?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

The animation and concept is cool, but the execution is a little more annoying than it's worth, imo. I would have liked to be able to drop a beacon to teleport/rewind back versus doing something for 15-20 seconds and immediately popping backwards.

More PoP: Sands of Time style for a "OH CRAP" rewind ability.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I've seen so many people replacing it with another ability from the helminth, or generally find it useless

I mean, it's not OP but it's definitely got utility, more than what you ask for.

Plus it's cool, has cool sound animations and design

Probably could've been better if the rewind on death didn't stagger you though

It is just not a practical skill to use, everything is dead, or it is going to die with your weapon, or your ability one or two.

I have found my self more annoyed with the skill, than being useful.

It's very useful for defense, excavation and interception missions. Basically anywhere there's a "sticky" objective that has enemies constantly attacking it. So those that don't use it, just haven't found the use for it. If there is an area that can use extra coverage or you need to wipe out a group and anchor yourself to another objective, use it.

37 minutes ago, HerpDerpy said:

it basically requires you to think ahead 10-20 seconds to make good use out of it. And IDK about anyone else but when im playing warframe its 99% reaction based, and not planning based

I think it would have made more sense for a more robust version of her current passive to be one of her abilities, and the Rewind to be some kind of passive that has a cooldown, but saves you from death, and takes you back to where you were a certain time/place before your death, or something like that. Basically more like an automatic savior thing and not something like makes you basically plan ahead to use a panic button ability, that would still make sense with the quest and not mess that whole thing up. 

Maybe if her 4 did something Protea's kit didn't already do, people would use it more.

Clearly Energy is not an issue with Protea, and while her Passive can even affect her 4, the damage on it is quite ... awful all things considered. 

I would say, at the very least, her 4 should refill everything (Health, Energy, Ammo, etc) and only act as a refresh no matter the situation. It might be interesting to make it so her Energy and Ammo bar completely freeze, letting you expend as much ammo and abilities as you like. Maybe have it so the cap on her abilities is removed for the duration of the cast, and have her rewind occur much, much faster.

I'd say the utility aspect of it really needs to be buffed.

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yeah, the issue with the power is that it quite legit rewinds you, so for example you bullet jump wall to wall and just jump into the air and what not, it rewinds that at like x10s the speed.

Oh noes... the ability sounded really cool, but now I think about it, it would probably make me sick pretty fast... I get motion sick doing certain things in games. 

Witcher just destroyed me riding on the horse.... even after turning down motion blur. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Oh noes... the ability sounded really cool, but now I think about it, it would probably make me sick pretty fast... I get motion sick doing certain things in games. 

Witcher just destroyed me riding on the horse.... even after turning down motion blur. 

Yeah..it all depends on how you get motion sickness, even if you turn down things. I don't get motion sickness but it does hurt my eyes after a while and the fact you have Zero Control over when you are rewinded.

it's was easy to answer this question. If you want to use helmith, what skill you will replace on Protea. You will replace drone that help both cc,damage and recovery shield?, you will replace one of good dd skill that nice in range, damage and effi.? Or you will replace one best support ability? Or lastly one that got some useful but very hard to utilize? I don't think it's that hard to weight. actually i'm not hate that ability, it's just if i need to choose one it's was easy choice.

It just feels wrong for her kit. On some chronometer frame? Maybe, if it had good synergy, I could see it working. But with Protea, her 1 and 2 are great for damage, her 1 and 3 are great for survivability and keeping energy and ammo up, i mean there isn't a point where I want to use it. 

I even said when they first showed her off that I would have much preferred a bomb or exalted gun or something to the temporal anchor as it just doesn't mesh well with kit or theme. Now Vauban's tesla nervos and the augment, Wisp's bread surge, or Rhino's roar all feel a lot better and work better with her kit.

1 hour ago, HoustonDragon said:

More PoP: Sands of Time style for a "OH CRAP" rewind ability.

This x2. If it was like this I wouldn't play another frame ever again.

Unfortunately:

It's not very reliable in terms of energy regen, is it because of bugs or whatnot, but energy often doesnt regen.

It's damage portion can't be relied on, since there's no actual idea how many enemies there will be at the end of it.

Worst of all, casting it feels definitive. You will be at a place, which you may or may not like to be after a while and nothing can change that once you've tapped 4.

It can basically only be used reliably as a survival tool. In my case I have a pretty high duration build, so a null star does exactly that, with less steps.

Archived