Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

apperantly the most used rifle with 1 riv dispo but pitiful damage

(XBOX)Pmoney010

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

serration, split chamber,point strike, vital sense,hunters munitions, argon scope, rime rounds, maligiant force

tx. okay, your build is missing 2 important things:

bonus faction damage (primed bane): without this bonus, no rifle is really good in steel path; it's important to use this in tandem with HM and viral, because it more than doubles your damage (1.55x on direct damage x 1.55x on proc damage ~ 2.4x); the mod which you should replace is argon scope because it's the weakest link

fire rate: you can't really fit fire rate in this build (especially not without a riven, but even so, the dispo poses a challenge), but it's really important; you can use arcane acceleration however

1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

tx. okay, your build is missing 2 important things:

bonus faction damage (primed bane): without this bonus, no rifle is really good in steel path; it's important to use this in tandem with HM and viral, because it more than doubles your damage (1.55x on direct damage x 1.55x on proc damage ~ 2.4x); the mod which you should replace is argon scope because it's the weakest link

fire rate: you can't really fit fire rate in this build (especially not without a riven, but even so, the dispo poses a challenge), but it's really important; you can use arcane acceleration however

no way 1 mod changes the whole build, and what would you estimate the highest riv percentage you can receive with the fulmin's dispo? 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

thats the problem, there is no middle ground, you steamroll and get tickled or tickle and get steamrolled

You only get steamrolled if you refuse to move on to what works. It's like complaining about the Stug not being good enough to kill a rank 5 Kuva Lich within 2 minutes.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

You only get steamrolled if you refuse to move on to what works. It's like complaining about the Stug not being good enough to kill a rank 5 Kuva Lich within 2 minutes.

the whole point of the freaking game is the ability to make anything work how smooth brained are you, you dont need a meta weapon to steamroll

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

the whole point of the freaking game is the ability to make anything work how smooth brained are you, you dont need a meta weapon to steamroll

That changed the day TSP was announced. You can't have it both ways.

Either the game is balanced for normal mode to allow room for a harder mode to exist (Thus excluding what doesn't work by design), or the game is balanced around harder mode and normal mode becomes easy mode by proxy of not being the basis of the game's balance.

If you can't accept that then you should look at the mirror before throwing brain function/comprehension insults at other people.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I think the problem, at least that I've noticed, is that even the top tier rifles with very good rivens struggle on SP.

When the top weapons with the best builds in a particular archetype struggle, then there's something needing changed.

Nothing has to change if those builds work in normal mode. The game's balance and design doesn't resolve, function or consider TSP. Whatever works is nothing more than a happy accident rather than a conscious design decision.

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

no way 1 mod changes the whole build, and what would you estimate the highest riv percentage you can receive with the fulmin's dispo? 

as for your other question:

++- riven

• 60.1 to 73.5% Multishot
  • 110.2 to 134.7% Damage
  • 100.3 to 122.5% Critical Chance
  • 80.2 to 98.0% Critical Damage
  • 60.1 to 73.5% Elemental Damage

+++- riven

• 45.6 to 55.7% Multishot
  • 83.5 to 102.1% Damage
  • 76.0 to 92.8% Critical Chance
  • 60.7 to 74.2% Critical Damage
  • 45.6 to 55.7% Elemental Damage

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

That changed the day TSP was announced. You can't have it both ways.

Either the game is balanced for normal mode to allow room for a harder mode to exist, or the game is balanced around harder mode and normal mode becomes easy mode by proxy of not being the basis of the game's balance.

im not saying it needs to be balanced im saying they need buffs, balancing the steel path is bad, yes, however if you tickle enemies with any weapon then thats not good because this game is based on preference which means you can use any weapon you like and it be effective

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

im not saying it needs to be balanced im saying they need buffs, balancing the steel path is bad, yes, however if you tickle enemies with any weapon then thats not good because this game is based on preference which means you can use any weapon you like and it be effective

No, you have a fatal misunderstanding of what "Preference" means in the context of this game. It's preference within an Overton window of functionality, not absolute, raw preference that negates tiers because anything works. Weapon damage and performance is tiered based on MR brackets as of early 2018 when the primary weapon balance pass was made. 

The very day DE made that decision it signaled that not every weapon is meant to be viable at higher levels and not every weapon is meant to compete or be functional-enough as to be a viable preference. That is intentional. If you don't like it then make your peace with it, because what you want is not going to happen unless DE change their minds and remove weapon tiers.

Here it is in case you won't believe it:

We are revisiting all weapons and adjusting their stats to fit into some Mastery Rank grouping guidelines based on DPS and Crit/Status split total. With this in mind, we are buffing a lot of the weapons you know and love!

So what are these Mastery Rank grouping guidelines?

We sketched out Mastery Rank groupings of 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 and 13-15 for each weapon type with a minimum DPS and amount split between crit and status for each group. Using existing stats, weapons were sorted into the groups. If their stats were too high for their current MR it was raised along with any other properties to match.

That explicitly means that weapons in the 0-3 bracket are not meant to compete with those in the 13-15 bracket. "Preference" is an illusion outside the Overton window of the performance ballpark the weapon belongs to.

2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

i think you should try to improve your build, based on the help you've got so far. 

- put primed bane instead of argon scope

- put arcane acceleration

- try finding a slottable riven

also: 

- try energized munitions

- try vigorous swap

then call people smooth brained etc

i called him smoothbrain because he said that if the weapon didnt work, move on to another

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

agian, this game was made for every weapon and warframe have the ability to compete, provided built correctly, i dont care that you think the bramma steamrolls everything

1) Nobody said anything about the Bramma.

2) Thats how the base game was made, not the Steel Path. Only the best guns are viable on the Steel Path. That being said, the Fulmin will do okay if you mod for the specific faction using bane mods. But it’s definitely still not your best option.

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Pmoney010 said:

serration, split chamber,point strike, vital sense,hunters munitions, argon scope, rime rounds, maligiant force

For higher levels status is important. I hope you weren't expecting to just 2-shot enemies with that.....Maybe try Hammer shot and use it as a status applicator along with your other abilities and weapons. It's using everything together that matters. That means primary, secondary, melee, and abilities.

If you used Nyx with 130 strength for full armor strip you may have better luck. Depends on the mission.

hace 15 minutos, (XB1)Pmoney010 dijo:

again, this is not true, or try to kill an eidolon with a heat dagger and atlas.
You have a better option to do that, right?, maybe a volt, chroma and rubico prime, vectis prime

Is the same in the steel path, you have a better options and you need to build your weapons smarter.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I think the problem, at least that I've noticed, is that even the top tier rifles with very good rivens struggle on SP.

When the top weapons with the best builds in a particular archetype struggle, then there's something needing changed.

No, there's not. The Steel Path isn't for people to walk in with a rifle and go "Hmmm...I can't one shot everything...better nerf it."

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Nothing has to change if those builds work in normal mode. The game's balance and design doesn't resolve, function or consider TSP. Whatever works is nothing more than a happy accident rather than a conscious design decision.

Oh, I know weapons aren't balanced for SP, and I agree they shouldn't be.

But, when the best weapons in an archetype with the best builds are, not trash, but certainly very sub-optimal, there is a problem with the archetype. 

Just now, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

No, there's not. The Steel Path isn't for people to walk in with a rifle and go "Hmmm...I can't one shot everything...better nerf it."

its not about 1 shotting, its about having the potential to 1 shot, melee has its own competition factor, combo, rifles do not, and seem to lack damage across the board

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

also, if a top tier rifle with a very good riven is struggling in SP, that points to a bad build, which is entirely possible

because top tier rifles without a riven, but with a proper build, perform just fine in SP

10 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

also, if a top tier rifle with a very good riven is struggling in SP, that points to a bad build, which is entirely possible

because top tier rifles without a riven, but with a proper build, perform just fine in SP

I agree. Which is why I knew as soon as I saw the post that this was an issue with the OP. His build is what I used when I started playing the game. It made me feel like a badahh on the regular starchart, but this is a different ball game than pointing and shooting.

Archived