Nullifiers and CC immune enemies are the reason why "Tank frame with DPS" is almost always the answer to everything in this game.

There's a long past involved with tank supremacy in Warframe.

It all started with enemy exponential damage growth.

• Back when Damage 2.0 first came out (and you can look up the stream) complained enemies did too much damage at higher levels.
  • DE did nothing.
  • This resulted in players CC locking enemies to get the most of their Void keys.
  • DE added T4 void for no reason using x3 damage but we still had around 8k eHP so nothing changed.
  • Players kept CC locking enemies but DE removed Invulnerable skills like Trinity's Blessing.
  • DE added Nullifiers and that's around the time the eHP gap started to grow.
  • DE added more CC denial while the eHP gap got even bigger.
  • Now It's pretty easy to break a couple Billion eHP while CC is often countered.
  • There's been plenty of new enemies added which totally ignored vital survival mechanics like Mag's bubble, Stealth, Limbo or CC.
  • One has to ask why make effort to pay attention with a 5k eHP CC frame when you can just stand there and shoot.

In the end it all started because of Enemy damage growth and DE doing nothing about it.
Comically that's the one thing they didn't touch on recent revamps either.

...Seriously stealth frames must die of old age on endurance runs these days.

• Like 3

I ain't reading that massive wall of text, but ye, game balance is even worse than before with steel path and all, which is a lazy bandit on a problem instead of fixing the problem itself, as is most of this game at this point.

On 2020-09-16 at 5:15 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well dodge chance isn’t doing **** for Xaku.

This isn't accurate.  I heavy attack build with him and new set gets him 100% dodge so he might as well just be in limbo's rift except that he can kill stuff outside the rift.

Xaku also opens boxes.  Not sad at limbo's retirement at 2 of the things he was used for (damage immunity and box opening), but the point remains Xaku's actually useful in 2 cases and damage immunity while spamming heavy attack with forced slash on reaper is nice.  it's not super efficient but it is scalable for about as long as you'd want to be awake for.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
10 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

This isn't accurate.  I heavy attack build with him and new set gets him 100% dodge so he might as well just be in limbo's rift except that he can kill stuff outside the rift.

Xaku also opens boxes.  Not sad at limbo's retirement at 2 of the things he was used for (damage immunity and box opening), but the point remains Xaku's actually useful in 2 cases and damage immunity while spamming heavy attack with forced slash on reaper is nice.  it's not super efficient but it is scalable for about as long as you'd want to be awake for.

Oh wow, a frame can survive by depending on its weapon. OMG that’s so obviously top tier like why doesn’t every frame do that hahahahaha

-_-

21 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh wow, a frame can survive by depending on its weapon. OMG that’s so obviously top tier like why doesn’t every frame do that hahahahaha

-_-

Every frame does do that.  All powers have a lower cap than output of weapons at top tier.

Don't get it twisted, Xaku is indeed not fun to play.  That doesn't mean they are not viable in some use cases.

On 2020-09-15 at 7:42 AM, DrivaMain said:

They should just rapidly weakened the abiliy’s effects when touched, for example :

1. Limbo’s cataclysm rapidly shrink when touched by a nullifier bubble. Active duration is cut by half.

2. Grendel while having an enemy inside the gut suffers a heavier energy drain when inside a nullifier bubble.

3. Nyx‘s chaos effect on target is cut by half when touched by or inside a nullifier bubble.

4. Buff abilities (Vex Armor, Speed, Roar, etc) duration is cut by half when touched by a nullifier bubble.

This is currently how it works for Nidus Mutation and Atlas Rubble. I would love to see it work for other mechanics, because while it sucks to lose those stacks, it means I can take a calculated risk against Nullifiers instead of just watching my abilities get deleted (like with Rhino skin)