Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan Cooperative/competitive Missions [Suggestions]

VodkaGR

We have our dojo,and we have our research labs.But outside of that the possibilities a clan introduces are quite limited.I have some ideas (possibly already suggested) below,regarding interaction between clans

1) Clan cooperative missions

These are missions that require participation from 2 clans to complete.These can pop anytime like alerts,and send an emergency call to all members of a clan.These missions have assigned roles,for each clan,and could maybe go for 8 -10 players max.

For example,one of them can be an assault on a corpus ground base discovered by lotus,where the first clan has to infiltrate the main terminal and hack it,mobile defense style,while the second sabotages the grineer's means of reaching the base to cut reinforcements.Then both of them have to eliminate the forces remaining,and possibly kill a huge boss

There can be endless scenarios for cooperative missions,so with the creativity of DE,big things could be done

2) Freelancing / Clan agent assisting

Since even from the lore we saw that some tenno could use their warframes for profit and fame,we could make something useful out of this

Let's say there is a new set of missions in which a member of another clan can play the "agent" assisting the 4 tenno of the other clan.

Remember the "look what our tenno operator has just found"? What if this tenno operator is an actual player,doing his part of the mission? The more they defend,the more time you have to complete series of objectives that bring rewards.

Now the question is "but how can we trust the random guy to complete his part?" .Well,for that,there is a reputation system,only restricted to freelancing,that basically marks the number of missions you have assisted,and your success rate.Better ranked freelancers can earn a lot of money through being highly requested,and new ones have a goal to improve and go up the ranks

These missions are mandatory to have among the highest credit rewards

3) Clan PvP

There are a lot of forms this could take

-The most simple would be a team based objective game-mode.I don't need to analyze this too much,let's say symmetric map ,or almost,two cores with high shield and hp,tenno compete for destruction of the enemy core

-Another i would personally like to see is dojo raids.

-Stealth Raids 
    A team of 4 players are secretly brought into the other clan's dojo.They have some tools in their disposal,that disrupts the home clan in enjoyable ways,not destroying their lab or something.For example,they can steal some of their research , or even cosmetically vandalizing their interior,or even hacking their systems to send out a mock clan message to all members,or just get rewards for carrying out the raid.

The home clan can stop them simply by killing all 4.If one spots them,he can use the clan chat to bring everyone in there and  
 slaugher the sneaky pests :D.All damage is reverted if they are killed,or a certain time span passes

As you see this serves more as a comical relief,or feel of the thrill,and it's generally a non-hadardous way of clan interaction

-War Raids
   A clan is given the option to declare war with another,which can last up to a week,or until one surrenders.If both sides accept,a series of objectives for each clan are given,including several "visits" to their dojo.The victorious clan gets decals or dojo decorations as a trophy of their supremacy,or plain game rewards

Just my 2 cents.And yes ,today i had a lot of free time

Edited by VodkaGR

3) Clan PvP

No. Stop.

Keep in mind that some aspects of the engine cannot handle more than 4 players playing at once. The AI tends to get buggy and bad things end up happening. Also, the hardware required would be far too high for hosting such games.

Your first two ideas aren't bad, but they are currently beyond what the engine can achieve.

No. Stop.

Keep in mind that some aspects of the engine cannot handle more than 4 players playing at once. The AI tends to get buggy and bad things end up happening. Also, the hardware required would be far too high for hosting such games.

Your first two ideas aren't bad, but they are currently beyond what the engine can achieve.

I know this.Hence none of my ideas,if you read carefully,include huge amount of players,maybe the round based team pvp part.But all assume a max number,with enemies belonging in different clans,not the whole clan participating