Jump to content

What warframe has the best designed skill kit?


Recommended Posts

Surprised so many people are saying nidus. Always felt that he didn't have any content that suited him. He needs content that lasts long in enough in a tight area to take advantage of stacks and his max damage but if it's too high level his survivability and ability damage start to struggle.

Saryn, octavia, wisp, nova and ivara imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stormy505 said:

Surprised so many people are saying nidus. Always felt that he didn't have any content that suited him. He needs content that lasts long in enough in a tight area to take advantage of stacks and his max damage but if it's too high level his survivability and ability damage start to struggle.

I tend to think the same for Nidus. When i play with a Nidus in a Survival, he would either being with his Group or run off 2 or 3 Rooms away so he can build up his Stacks before coming back to his Teammates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lnfine said:

Errm. The only frame that's guaranteed to have positive energy balance without some form of external income is probably Limbo. Also Hildryn because she has no energy to begin with. Maybe Protea. The rest need "Band Aids". Trinity needs a target that can be EVed (so no bosses), Garuda needs a source of HP regen for 3 (so again needs a target for the Blood Altar). Harrow needs kills. The idea of band aids is kinda stupid. You might as well say that all frames sans Hildryn are bad because a stray parasitic eximus shuts down everyone equally except her.

None of those are a Problem considering that Warframe shoves Violence and Murder down our Throats.

Ergo... The Majority of Content is going to provide enough enemies to Render the Dependencies Moot.

And yes... In a Vacuum... Hildryn has the Best Kit...

But in practice... Il go with Gauss...

Funny Story about Gauss is in low level missions.... enemies don't deal enough damage to Kinetic Plating for it to generate a usable amount of Energy. But I reckon this is fine because if you aren't taking that much damage to begin with then you don't need to use Abilities....

Gauss's real problem is in high level Content... The Energy Conversion from Kinetic Plating can become so High that you can pour it into Mach Rush or Thermal Sunder fast enough....

Also the Majority of Sentient Units deal Tau Damage.... So maybe That's even worse for Gauss than The Infested are....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Taiepii said:

I will base myself on frame I had trouble to choose an ability to replace since Helminth update

Limbo if you play him in a advanced way especially with the 3rd augment "Rift Torrent", not the casual/newbie. Press 2 & Press 4. So I had to decide either remove his 1st or 4th base on situation.
Khora all her ability can be used. Even I did remove her 3rd ability for some helminth ability ( it does not remove Venari, it only remove Venari command ability )
Nidus, Everything synergize. But I would accept to sacrifice his 4th

 

 

 Khora's one of my fav's thanks for that info, time to test

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stormy505 said:

Surprised so many people are saying nidus. Always felt that he didn't have any content that suited him. He needs content that lasts long in enough in a tight area to take advantage of stacks and his max damage but if it's too high level his survivability and ability damage start to struggle.

Saryn, octavia, wisp, nova and ivara imo.

Actually Nidus stacks don't really take that long to build up... 

You can get max Stacks in under 60 Seconds....

It's not an issue if time... But Enemy Count.... 

If Nidus can just find a large group of Tanky Bastards then he actually pretty good for something even as short as Exterminate or maybe even a single Zone of ESO....

Sadly with Erratic Spawn patterns and Allies stealing Kills this is not always Practical for Nidus.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Actually Nidus stacks don't really take that long to build up... 

You can get max Stacks in under 60 Seconds....

It's not an issue if time... But Enemy Count.... 

If Nidus can just find a large group of Tanky Bastards then he actually pretty good for something even as short as Exterminate or maybe even a single Zone of ESO....

Sadly with Erratic Spawn patterns and Allies stealing Kills this is not always Practical for Nidus.

 

 

That doesn't mean much when his specialty is being tanky like inaros. Does that mean you can bring inaros/nidus into a lvl 40 mission? Sure. Could you just wipe the mission very quickly with any other frames? Yes, and more efficiently

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

That doesn't mean much when his specialty is being tanky like inaros. Does that mean you can bring inaros/nidus into a lvl 40 mission? Sure. Could you just wipe the mission very quickly with any other frames? Yes, and more efficiently

I actually don't think Nidus is particularly Tanky.... 😝

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly Harrow is the best in my opinion (havent tried every frame), all of his kit synergizes perfectly with eachother and you need every one of them if you want to be good with him, 3rd ability needs kill, but in this game part of the objective is killing things so no problem, he can also take a beating with his 4 and then use it to delete everything, his passive and 1 are meant for eachother and with his 2 he can heal very good while also buffing them.

By himself he can do very good, and he is not much of just pressing a button and barely doing anything, with him you need to be checking everything, which makes it better than just deleting one room after another.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

what? Literally has undying and up to 90% dr before adaptation and other things? how is he not............

Easy... Because undying is the same as Dying except you don't lose an Arcane Revive.... And it's very easy for Undying to get Triggered compared to Inaros having his HP Reduced to Zero...

I think what makes Nidus feel like he's not an Effective tank is because the fact that he doesn't have Significantly more health than Inaros and Grendel Do...

Also I didn't know Nidus had innate Damage Reduction..... I thought he only got that from Parasitic Link.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oberon.
Smite deals scaling damage, has knockdown on single target, and delivers soft CC with a radiation proc. A good, well rounded first ability. Sure there's no real synergy with the rest of his kit, but Smite is a one-handed action that is just plain good.
Hallowed ground is good radiation proc spreading, giving good soft cc, and is super useful at diverting enemy attention. It works well with his third and fourth too.
Renewal is just a good heal. Not great like Trinity, but its a constant heal, gives armor when you touch a single hallowed ground, and is a solid, team-wide permanent healing and armor buff.
Reckoning strips armor when on hallowed ground, blinds enemies it doesn't hit, gives everyone it does hit rad procs, and knocks them all down. A good, "everybody stop" move. Plus, it strips armor. Did I mention it strips armor? Ok good. 

The extra on the cake? All of Oberon's abilities scale with strength very well, and a tad bit of range is also a little helpful. Energy costs are not much of an issue as Oberon has self healing and thrives with rage. He's very well put together, is good against all factions due to his armor stripping, innate radiation which trumps all ancient healer auras, and has great CC. He's solid. I wouldn't call him downright amazing, but he works very well, his kit is solidly useful against virtually everything, and he's easy to obtain. Oberon is a simple frame, executed expertly. I'd call him the best made warframe, but I'm not truly there yet. Haven't used all the Warframes myself yet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

🤣

 

get out of here man...go  play fortinite.

Uhh... I have to agree with him, Hydroid is a weird pick. He is the frame most in need of a rework, he was only recently made fun (and subsequently nerfed) when he was able to use undertow and fire at the same time thanks to helminth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Easy... Because undying is the same as Dying except you don't lose an Arcane Revive.... And it's very easy for Undying to get Triggered compared to Inaros having his HP Reduced to Zero...

I think what makes Nidus feel like he's not an Effective tank is because the fact that he doesn't have Significantly more health than Inaros and Grendel Do...

Also I didn't know Nidus had innate Damage Reduction..... I thought he only got that from Parasitic Link.

it doesnt matter if its on his link or not? The topic is literally kits? Nidus can go all the way to 9999 lvl enemies if you want. Objectively he's a tank, even if you don't feel like it. Inaros has health but still relies on negation swarm and arcane grace and adapation to be tanky.

 

Pure hp numbers does not make someone tanky. EHP makes someone tanky.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Health

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 50 minutos, ES-Flinter dijo:

Nidus, Gauss and Saryn. Literally the only frames ingame with four useful abilities. Octavia is to strong for warframe.

What about harrow? Also everyone has the right to think what they want, but harrow is the warframe with the best designed skill kit, Saryn is good but i wouldnt say she has the best designed kit, in my consideration best designed kit is a frame that has a group of ability that work amazingly with eachother and that fits perfectly to Harrow, he might not excel in any field or mission but he can deal with all of them really good, without your method of dealing with them being killing everything before they can damge or even see you.

Useful abilities does not mean best designed kit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

it doesnt matter if its on his link or not? The topic is literally kits? Nidus can go all the way to 9999 lvl enemies if you want.

Oh...so it is...I just wanted to know because I wasn't sure.

1 hour ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

Inaros has health but still relies on negation swarm and arcane grace and adapation to be tanky.

Of course.... It's not like he has worry about Modding for Abilities so why not 😉....

1 hour ago, Tonin4ABonin said:

Pure hp numbers does not make someone tanky. EHP makes someone tanky.

Indeed... And pure HP seems to contribute to EHP more than Armor does.... 

This is why 3000 Armor Umbral Valkyr dies Faster than 400 Armor Inaros...

Having large Stock Piles of Health is good just because how Arcane Grace and Adaptation work.

 

Which I guess is why Nidus feels like he's made out of Paper sometimes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-15 at 4:13 AM, BDMblue said:

Soft Nidus. I do think he needs group QOL changed but his kit is all useful.

ill just put the QOL stuff here even though not a topic for it.

-lose 30 stacks a death

-get the visual upgrade every 3 full stacks.

-gain stacks when something is killed in affinity range.

Well that would only maybe work for a group but this is a nerf for people who play solo since nerfing stacks on death from 15 to 30 and you won’t gain extra stacks from others since said person plays solo i think he is fine at the state nidus is in.

Edited by AlexMercer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AlexMercer said:

Well that would only maybe work for a group but this is a nerf for people who play solo since nerfing stacks on death from 15 to 30 and you won’t gain extra stacks from others since said person plays solo i think he is fine at the state nidus is in.

True but you would still get stacks on kills from any source. So anyway you look at it you get more stacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...