Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I get my 130K standing back please? This isn't funny. (Hotfix 29.0.8.1 change)

Els236

So, 2 hours ago, upon daily reset (UK time), I finally managed to save up the 130K standing required to purchase the most expensive item on offer from any Deimos vendor, the Cambion Drift Captura Scene, for a grand total of 130,000 Entrati standing.

Why did I buy this? Apart from the 4 weapon mods that the weapons-vendor sells, it was the only item I needed from any vendor that could be bought for standing.

I was then perusing the Wiki, looking at the updated pages on Deimos and came across a comment that truly surprised me:

<They just made the Deimos Cambion Drift Scene a second rank up choice, which is a bit better since it's a 130k standing scene normally.>

I couldn't believe it. No Captura Scene has ever been offered as a rank-up reward EVER. Not for the basic 6 syndicates, not for PoE/Quills, not for Fortuna/Vox, NEVER.

Low-and-behold, I checked the patch notes and there, in all it's egregious glory was the text that confirmed it was true.

This is a bad move DE, a really bad move. Not just because I just bought the item, but because this directly gives a middle-finger to all the "Veterans" and dedicated players with a high daily standing-cap that reached Rank 5 with the Entrati syndicate before this hotfix dropped.

This now means that anyone who wants to get the Captura Scene is going to have to grind for it, while lower-MR players, or people who haven't played as much get it as a freebie and it also means that people who have specifically spent days grinding out the standing to buy it have just been given a massive slap in the face for "going too fast".

I hereby ask DE to refund the standing (in the form of Mother or potentially Grandmother tokens) for those who purchased the Scene for standing, or that players who have not yet purchased it, but achieved rank 5 with the Entrati prior to the hotfix be given it as a freebie. 

You've run a lot of scripts to give people things and fix things lately, so it most certainly should not be "impossible" for you to run a script to refund this standing, or to give everyone the captura scene.

3 hours ago, FiveN9ne said:

I believe Vent Kids had the same situation but nobody noticed. I agree it shouldn't be a thing at all. Something as costly should not be a reward for ranking up.

I believe the problem here is less about the actual price of the item and more about DE being inconsistent again...

This thread wouldn't exist if Captura Scenes were Rank Up rewards across all the syndicates.... Not a rank up reward across all the syndicates... 

The issue here is the sudden change without Warning that this would be the case.

Atleast that's what I think OP is saying ...

7 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I believe the problem here is less about the actual price of the item and more about DE being inconsistent again...

This thread wouldn't exist if Captura Scenes were Rank Up rewards across all the syndicates.... Not a rank up reward across all the syndicates... 

The issue here is the sudden change without Warning that this would be the case.

Atleast that's what I think OP is saying ...

or if we had more meaningful rank up rewards. capture scene, and a fish trophy is like getting nothing to me. spending over 120k standing to rank up only to get nothing of worth puts a bad taste in my mouth.

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

or if we had more meaningful rank up rewards. capture scene, and a fish trophy is like getting nothing to me. spending over 120k standing to rank up only to get nothing of worth puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I don't want either "reward". I'm going to get all the standing, and the seriglass shard, and stubbornly sit on my standing and wait until there is actually a reason to be rank 5. There are no non cosmetic rewards, and there is nothing else to buy from the vendors. I am going to get prepared so I can rank up at a moments notice when something of value is at rank 5, but I'm not going to pull the lever yet. 

10 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I don't want either "reward". I'm going to get all the standing, and the seriglass shard, and stubbornly sit on my standing and wait until there is actually a reason to be rank 5. There are no non cosmetic rewards, and there is nothing else to buy from the vendors. I am going to get prepared so I can rank up at a moments notice when something of value is at rank 5, but I'm not going to pull the lever yet. 

exactly. even a permanent booster for tokens upon hitting rank 5 is more of a reward than 2 cosmetic things i know i dont use.

Archived