Daimos fishing is the worst.

I dont know why, but Deimos fish appear very slowly compared to POE or OV, im not kidding, on Deimos you get one fish every 30-40 seconds, your just sitting around waiting doing nothing most of the time.

Not only that, I'm now trying to fish Myxostomata and its an absolute nightmare, there is only one decent cave (the one just South of Catabolic Gutter) where you can fish for cave-fish and 2 out of 4 hotspots there seem bugged and dont spawn them at all, I'm talking about the 2 hotspots in the middle of the cave-river that are bugged and don't spawn these special fish, the hotspot on the top (above the waterfall) and the one in the small lake/pool are the only ones you should even try, so basically the beginning and the ending of this small river is good, middle is bad.

But even on those 2 hostspots its terrible, I spend 400 rep per lure and sometimes I get not a single of this Myxostomata fish, just constantly other random fish, and then I get interrupted every 2 minutes by some infested walking through the cave, and sometimes when the Myxostomata fish finally shows its face its like "nop, I'm now going to swim under the floor where you can't catch me".

Just terrible fishing experience, easily 3x worse than POE or OV.

Also while you do missions you very often see like 4-5 fish over pools and even if u kill them they come back very quick, this gives you the impression there is a lot of fish, but I guess its a practical joke of DE because once you actually start fishing they all vanish and you'll only get scraps.

I swear to God, once I get 5 of all fish (just to have them for my aquarium in case I want to use them), I will never touch Laimos fishing ever again, I actually enjoyed fishing on the other open worlds, but this 30-40secs per fish absolutely kills it, on the other open worlds you often times have several fish swimming around, Deimos is complete opposite where most of the time you won't even have a single fish around you at all.

If this is how DE wants Deimos fishing to be, then THEY NEED to make the hostpots last way longer and same for bait like processed vome or fass that cost 300-400rep each, it simply doesnt make any sense to have such low spawn rate for something that is gone so quickly, if DE wants to lower the spawn rate they need to increase timer as compensation, having it the way it is now where you don't even get a single fish from such expensive bait is just plain wrong and feels like punishment instead of reward for your efforts.

Edited by IIAc3sII
  • Like 3

For me it got to the point that when I had an orange booster going I'd just avoid fishing and go instead with Max Range Limbo with Smeeta and go around the map breaking boxes.

Way less boring and much more rewarding if you ask me. Fish spawns are clearly borked in comparison with Vallis and Plains, if you ask me.

I'm sure DE is preparing a full update of fixes in order to address a number of issues with Cambion Drift and Deimos in general.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'm sure DE is preparing a full update of fixes

I can only hope, but Ive been reporting another bug for over 5 months on the forum already, it was introduced with Railjack and DE keeps ignoring it, so lets just say I don't hold them to any standard anymore, what I see as bugs ingame I expect to stay at this point since its clearly no priority to them.

Edited by IIAc3sII

I think its has to do with the fact that most of the fishes can also FLY, so their spook range also counts the "ground/air" range level, Or its just a simpler explanation and its just a spawn bug.

I have tested multiple tricks, stand on cliff near river in certain location, teleport to Necramech placed very far away back and forth, Void Dash upward very high and back down, in the end I settled with just staying in Warframe and running to barren area with no river and back to get fish to spawn. Usually get some spawn and despawn very quickly so it works but requires quick precision throws. 

• Like 1

Cambion Drift seems to work in a more "fluent" way than PoE & OV, instead of going "fishing only", "mining only", "hunting only" and "pylons only" I started to just go in and move around, mining, fishing and hunting all over the map. It works pretty well (much better than PoE or OV). It is not the way to get a specific resource or critter tag fast, but over time you will get "everything". Including Thaumica, the rare fish parts, the Avicheas and the six different pets.

It takes some time, but it is chill and soloing works well. As a bonus you'll learn the map and it's different spawn locations, and how the different pylons work. Using Carrier with it's Looter mod will auto-pop containers and get you even more common loot (and shooting down Gravid Blastemas for Pustulites will become auto-instinctive), or you can use a Smeeta. Or Oxylus, if focusing on fishing. Remember to put your fishing spear, hunting rifle and mining laser on a shortcut key (F1-F12) for easy use. And use the "local" fishing spears, both work better than the PoE/OV versions.

Edited by Graavarg
2 hours ago, Graavarg said:

instead of going "fishing only", "mining only", "hunting only" and "pylons only" I started to just go in and move around

Yes but you can't do that when you need cave hot spots, like I said that cave is the only one you can fish properly since its the only one with 4 possible hot spots, and even then you sometimes need to wait for one to become active, other caves have at best 1 or 2 possible hot spots.

And even in the best cave two of them don't seem to spawn that Mycostomata fish, so what I ended up doing was going on map, quickly look if one of the two good hotspots was active, if it was then I drop two baits after each other on same hotspot (since at that point hotspot would vanish soon) and go to nekralisk again to reset, if it didnt have one of these two hotspots active I went strait to nekralisk to reset map.

Just doing random stuff while fishing when you have only two working hotspots which if active are on a timer, and the baits which are also on timer, well you can't do any other stuff then.

What you are suggesting could work fine with any other fish honestly, but not with that Myxostomata fish.

3 hours ago, Oggyswe said:

i found that if you move between places the fish spawn alot faster. seems wierd but it works

I tried this as well, dropping my bait and taking the fish, then leaving with archwing and come back again quickly, what I found was sometimes it would reset the fish, however the new fish were normal ones and not the ones that spawn through bait, and even these normal fish had the tendency to quickly despawn again after like 2 seconds, so overall I couldn't do this.

If however you mean you went to other rivers or hotspots to fish, well you can't do that when its for cave fish since its just one cave, you can't just leave to another cave.

Needless to say, always having to reset map, having many 400rep baits go to complete waste, having to wait 30-40secs just for another random fish to spawn, its just a bad experience.

For none-hotspot or surface-hotspot fish its a bit better, but omg for the cave-hotspot Myxostomata and Duroid Fish its really awful, all the other fish, even the special surface-hotspot special fish were not like this.

Edited by IIAc3sII

The problem is that DE don't seem to be using "fish spawns" for spawning fish, but rather "enemy spawns." That is to say, schools of fish spawn like groups of Infested do, which means they trigger as you approach but not if you just stand around. There does appear to be a "timeout" trigger of some sort where if you stand around long enough stuff will eventually spawn around you. Fish do the same thing, which is why the only real way of fishing is to keep moving away from the hotspots and coming back, hoping to re-trigger the spawn.

Fish spawns in the Plains and the Vallis work differently. They only spawn when you have your spear out, they're not synced between clients and they spawn continuously. This spawning logic seems to be entirely absent from the Vallis. What this means is you end up HAVING to fish the same way you hunt for Velocipods. And that's just... Miserable. It is to me, anyway.

5 hours ago, Graavarg said:

Cambion Drift seems to work in a more "fluent" way than PoE & OV, instead of going "fishing only", "mining only", "hunting only" and "pylons only" I started to just go in and move around, mining, fishing and hunting all over the map. It works pretty well (much better than PoE or OV). It is not the way to get a specific resource or critter tag fast, but over time you will get "everything". Including Thaumica, the rare fish parts, the Avicheas and the six different pets.

Yeah, but that's a problem. In the Plains and the Vallis, I can go fish, or I can go do Conservation. In the Drift, both activities suck ass, which reduces both activities to Cetus Wisps. That is to say, you fly around the map and hope to spot the "resources" you need, you swoop down to grab them, you move on. I know that this works for some people, but it doesn't work for me. For one thing, I can never find the crap that I need. For another thing, I find it breathtakingly boring. See, I don't mind fishing in itself. I don't mind sitting on a rock throwing spears. It has its charm for a while every so often. I actually like Conservation. Tracking, luring, locating the animal by sound - it's fun. None of that works on Deimos, which makes all of those activities a boring grind.

If DE wanted "emergent" hunting, fishing and such then fine. I don't mind it as an option. But breaking the actual directed activities in the process such that "emergent" is the only way to go is a mistake.

• Like 2

The whole zone is a mess. Most enemies and creatures seem to spawn outside their objective zones and refuse to go where they're supposed to. 

I was throwing bait down and waiting for a long time and when i gave up and left i found out all of the fish were spawning in walls no where near water. When doing bounties as my Vauban my Vortex was dealing damage to enemies that weren't there and was showing the damage numbers apparently miles outside the map.

I think when DE shrank everything down to make this zone seem bigger they messed up the positioning of all of the waypoints. 

• Like 1

The fish spawning pattern feels backwards in comparison to the Plains and Vallis:

1. The fish spawns without you having a spear out while also being distant from the hotspot (This is fine).
  2. The fish attempts to leave when you approach it with a spear in hand. Coupled with the bugged spawns, you won't see that many fish even with bait.

Additionally, there's a case where you "kill" your fish with the spear instead of capturing it. When you hit the fish with your spear, it doesn't bring you to the catch screen, and it doesn't reward you the fish since you "killed".

I think fish spawns are bugged, at least in caves, 90% of the time fish spawn one by one, way too slow. Then once every 20min you get 7-10 fish all at once, and then again one by one.

If it's not a bug and this is how its actually intended to work, then yes, worse fishing by far.

On 2020-09-15 at 11:41 AM, IIAc3sII said:

Yes but you can't do that when you need cave hot spots, like I said that cave is the only one you can fish properly since its the only one with 4 possible hot spots, and even then you sometimes need to wait for one to become active, other caves have at best 1 or 2 possible hot spots.

Yes, you can. Just use Oxylus (with its Scan Aquatic Lifeforms-mod), which will show active fishing hotspots on your map within 100m. Also works when in caves (but it is map-based and thus map-limited).

What you are suggesting could work fine with any other fish honestly, but not with that Myxostomata fish.

That is why you do the pylons. From which you will get the Cranial Foremounts and other fishy stuff.

Edited by Graavarg
On 2020-09-15 at 2:42 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Yeah, but that's a problem. In the Plains and the Vallis, I can go fish, or I can go do Conservation. In the Drift, both activities suck ass, which reduces both activities to Cetus Wisps. That is to say, you fly around the map and hope to spot the "resources" you need, you swoop down to grab them, you move on. I know that this works for some people, but it doesn't work for me. For one thing, I can never find the crap that I need. For another thing, I find it breathtakingly boring. See, I don't mind fishing in itself. I don't mind sitting on a rock throwing spears. It has its charm for a while every so often. I actually like Conservation. Tracking, luring, locating the animal by sound - it's fun. None of that works on Deimos, which makes all of those activities a boring grind.

I agree. Traditional hunting is more challenging (following the "spoor" is harder, and Avicheas... well...) and you get more tags per time from just running around (since spawns of multiple individuals seems more common when spotting animals "live"). Traditional fishing is slower due to what seems to be longer "down time" between spawn cycles. Mining is harder due to the increased "3D" of the landscape, making some minerals/gems harder to find and/or spot.

I don't dispute this, but the solution is to multi-gather everything by hanging out in Cambion Drift. It won't help when you need one specific resource quickly, but it will help you gather "everything" more effectively over time. And flying around is (in my view) an option only for hunting, otherwise it is basic running & jumping around that rulez. I do double/triple opportunistic "rounds" (since you can easily use the good pylons you encounter multiple times during the same visit, if you let them "recharge" their enemy spawning capability). If you have good enough gear, you can do part of it in "semiautomatic mode".

Edited by Graavarg

I didn't know those hotspots were bugged.. that kinda explains the results I was seeing.. but I don't get 1 fish every 30 secs, I get fish spawning 1 at a time, but somewhat rapidly for about 10 secs, then nothing for another 30 secs, then again they start spawning 1 at a time reasonably rapidly. That's just with the normal residues as bait, or no bait at all. Hope it gets looked at. Daughter demands feesh guts!! :D

On 2020-09-15 at 2:28 AM, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

For me it got to the point that when I had an orange booster going I'd just avoid fishing and go instead with Max Range Limbo with Smeeta and go around the map breaking boxes.

Way less boring and much more rewarding if you ask me. Fish spawns are clearly borked in comparison with Vallis and Plains, if you ask me.

I'm sure DE is preparing a full update of fixes in order to address a number of issues with Cambion Drift and Deimos in general.

Even if they are it is to little to late. I and many have given up on playing Heart of Deimos, it is just not fun with all this conservation. Flat out the update would need to be here is your Helminth to make up for the abuse. And we all know that will never happen, When K-Drives fell in/out of the map stopped using them and have not used one since. Nothing for these tags spawns, we just spent over an hour and not one tag, NOT ONE!!! The new shiny of the thing is gone, it just sucks. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, (NSW)KaneOfAble said:

Even if they are it is to little to late.

I agree, I got a double resource booster and spend several hours fishing, maybe half a day in total, and now DE increased spawn rate of fish which is great for people who still need to go fish I guess, but a little compensation towards me would have been nice, but of course I'll never get that, and my feelings towards Deimos fishing have been royally put in the negative and I'll likely never fish there again.

Doesn't DE ever test things before they release stuff, it honestly feels like they just make up some random stuff and throw it on the server for us to play-test it, and maybe weeks/months later they will change it a little bit.

Same with that Avichaea flying bird creature that you need to hunt, there is usually only one nest for that on the entire map which is placed right below a massive infested structure, and guess what, the bird never shows up because it always gets stuck somewhere on or inside this structure and you cannot find it, like how clueless does DE need to be to not know their own mechanics (bird flies in strait fly pattern to nest), they know how it flies, yet they put a massive structure to block its path, who even comes up with this stuff...

Edited by IIAc3sII