All open world's should behave like Railjack, infinite affinity range and shared drops.

I will welcome this change. I can just go out do some conservation in public bounties giving conservation tags for everyone. I give you conservation tags, you do bounties for me. Basically a win-win situation.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4

At this point, no reason to not implement that at all.

That might cheat Trinity a big though (being able to heal a Tridolon group from the other side of the Plains ?), I don't know how it works in Railjack tbh

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

That might cheat Trinity a big though (being able to heal a Tridolon group from the other side of the Plains ?), I don't know how it works in Railjack tbh

There is an archived thread saying that Trinity uses the default affinity range in Railjack.
I would assume that Trinity doesn't really use the value "affinity range" for her Blessing. It's just that the affinity range and her blessing's range have the same value. 
So if OP's suggestion was to be implemented Trinity would still have her 50 meter range on Blessing. So nothing would change for her.

btw. here is the thread:

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

At this point, no reason to not implement that at all.

Set her Blessing range to the classic 50 m range. It shouldn't be that hard and her playstyle would probably remain the same. I have a hard time recalling how a negative range Trinity can work.

To the OP, yes yes and YES. It should have worked like this since the start, this is a long overdue QoL change. But since we are all fellow Tenno, i would go to the extent that All mission mode should have this loot share. You can gather Syncidate marks, while i do the objective, or vice versa. Excavation would be also something that can be sped up, since i wouldn't have to run between the extractors to gather loot. Even though i don't really need it anymore, i hate to 'waste' resources. I also wouldn't fear about picking up the same resource multiple times, it doesn't seem to happen in Railjack.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

There is an archived thread saying that Trinity uses the default affinity range in Railjack.
I would assume that Trinity doesn't really use the value "affinity range" for her Blessing. It's just that the affinity range and her blessing's range have the same value. 
So if OP's suggestion was to be implemented Trinity would still have her 50 meter range on Blessing. So nothing would change for her.

btw. here is the thread:

That's what I suspected, thanks for the confirmation.

So, no negative point then. 👍 

Even though I still think all abilities should have a bonus +200% free range bonus in Open Worlds to accommodate the scale, but I digress

Edited by Chewarette
1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

That's what I suspected, thanks for the confirmation.

So, no negative point then. 👍 

Even though I still think all abilities should have a bonus +200% free range bonus in Open Worlds to accommodate the scale, but I digress

That would be nice, but enemy spawns should be increased by a lot as well (in the alerted state).

• Like 2

It would be on you to explain why "open worlds" need them... The maps being "bigger" hardly matter when they function the same as normal missions, where everything is done in a circle. 

Railjack on the other hand, which by the way, initially all loot wasn't shared, had objectives taking place in multiple buildings/areas. This is before taking into account the Railjack itself picking up loot, and how long it takes to travel around with AWs. The "open worlds" have none of these issues, and shared loot only benefits people intentionally not helping.

As someone that doesn't wander doing irrelevant things away from the group, I've never once thought this was needed. If I mine/fish/animal, I don't que a bounty to do them, as this is obviously why some people want this, to be rewarded for not helping (already admitted).

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

As someone that doesn't wander doing irrelevant things away from the group, I've never once thought this was needed. If I mine/fish/animal, I don't que a bounty to do them, as this is obviously why some people want this, to be rewarded for not helping (already admitted).

You've misunderstood, I think. The OP isn't requesting this because they want to be rewarded for not helping, they want to be rewarded for their teammates not helping. If everybody in the mission got the loot from that one guy fishing on the other side of the map, leeching would no longer be an issue.

• Like 2

I'll go one better - EVERYWHERE in the game should work like Railjack, with infinite loot sharing for all players. The song-and-dance we go through on voice chat, warning each other of various rare drops and marking them and following each other like ducklings is just silly. Let players share loot across the map so that one player finding a valuable secret/collectable/rare item can just share it with the rest of the team, rather than everyone having to go there and physically pick it up. It works in Railjack, it can work everywhere else. Why universal vacuum and universal loot sharing is the hill DE have chosen to die on I don't know, but it's really irritating in the long run. That's especially so once you play other games that do actually have universal loot sharing.

And while we're on the subject - can we please think about tweaking existing game modes such that they benefit from multi-tasking with a larger team? One of THE coolest aspects of Railjack is that there's enough work for at least two people, and often enough for a full squad. And no, I don't mean the Skies of Icarus / Barotrama bullS#&$ of managing the ship - nobody does that any more. You have the dogfight, you have one or two entirely separate objectives, you have Crew Ships to board which someone can take care of while the Raijack pilot deals with fighters, etc. Hell, you could even have a "looter" player who goes around shooting rocks and sharing the pick-ups with the team. Now what does everyone do on, say, a Defence mission? We all sit on our hands shooting enemies as they come. What does everyone do on a Survival mission? We sit on our hands shooting enemies as they come. Worse - a player trying to multi-task actually screws the team by leaving the camping grounds and diluting the spawns. Oh, hey - what about Mobile Defence? Three objectives, three people, right? Lex Luthor says: "WRONG!" You can't multi-task, because objectives only trigger in sequence. Spy might be the only one that allows us to multi-task.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

thank you for this. this is a major reason i solo in the open worlds. maybe around the 1k hours mark it was cute to carry people, im at 6.5k and lazy people upset me.

I also support shared rewards. There are times where I may play with a random player farming something, but he might be rude and not mark out the rare mod that dropped.

Infinite affinity isn't as necessary to me as there needs to be a buffer to stop players from reaching end game "completion" too quickly. Some players consume new content like starved dogs in the apocalypse. They need help pacing themselves.

• Like 1

Not just the open worlds, the entire game.

I'm sure they think players will exploit this to power level or something but leveling weapons is so laughably easy now who really cares? The benefits are much greater.

Edited by Hardwood
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'll go one better - EVERYWHERE in the game should work like Railjack, with infinite loot sharing for all players. The song-and-dance we go through on voice chat, warning each other of various rare drops and marking them and following each other like ducklings is just silly. Let players share loot across the map so that one player finding a valuable secret/collectable/rare item can just share it with the rest of the team, rather than everyone having to go there and physically pick it up. It works in Railjack, it can work everywhere else. Why universal vacuum and universal loot sharing is the hill DE have chosen to die on I don't know, but it's really irritating in the long run. That's especially so once you play other games that do actually have universal loot sharing.

And while we're on the subject - can we please think about tweaking existing game modes such that they benefit from multi-tasking with a larger team? One of THE coolest aspects of Railjack is that there's enough work for at least two people, and often enough for a full squad. And no, I don't mean the Skies of Icarus / Barotrama bullS#&$ of managing the ship - nobody does that any more. You have the dogfight, you have one or two entirely separate objectives, you have Crew Ships to board which someone can take care of while the Raijack pilot deals with fighters, etc. Hell, you could even have a "looter" player who goes around shooting rocks and sharing the pick-ups with the team. Now what does everyone do on, say, a Defence mission? We all sit on our hands shooting enemies as they come. What does everyone do on a Survival mission? We sit on our hands shooting enemies as they come. Worse - a player trying to multi-task actually screws the team by leaving the camping grounds and diluting the spawns. Oh, hey - what about Mobile Defence? Three objectives, three people, right? Lex Luthor says: "WRONG!" You can't multi-task, because objectives only trigger in sequence. Spy might be the only one that allows us to multi-task.

Well #*!%ing said mate

• Like 1

I'm actually curious why loot isn't shared in the first place. One of the more annoying things about the game right now is how many players identify Warframe as a looter shooter, but actually taking your time to loot in a mission is something you rarely get to do unless you're doing something like farming Argon Crystals on Mot. Imagine having a dedicated looter in your party, where you all go and handle the objective, meanwhile you have a Limbo or Xaku blasting crates and opening lockers. Obviously you can help, but it would even give the Loot Detector aura a (minor) use.

Having played ample Diablo and Borderlands, it's just weird to me that my allies and I need to get our own loot, when in Diablo, the loot is completely split among the party. ...Now I wanna dust off Diablo.

Affinity range should be infinite everywhere. Limited affinity range discourages actual cooperation (splitting objectives) and enourages 4 people standing on a box spamming 4.

Not sure about loot, but valuable pickups like Stalker's weapons definitely should be shared.

On 2020-09-15 at 3:21 AM, Xaero said:

I agree. With this change, leechers who mine and fish at public bounties will be useful.

If anybody does this, how are they a leecher? They get no affinity/loot from any of the fighting, all they get is standing and the drop from a bounty if one is going.

On 2020-09-15 at 3:40 AM, DrivaMain said:

I will welcome this change. I can just go out do some conservation in public bounties giving conservation tags for everyone. I give you conservation tags, you do bounties for me. Basically a win-win situation.

Not really though, it would cause people to waste time for no standing gains in the Plains/Vallis if a bounty is going on and conservation too. New players would never be able to play public in these areas because of this.

Got a question though: how would ammo pickups work with loot sharing?

46 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Not really though, it would cause people to waste time for no standing gains in the Plains/Vallis if a bounty is going on and conservation too.

You do get standing when capturing animals even if a bounty is present.

Edited by DrivaMain

I can't think of any reason to change your mind. I fully agree. RJ global affinity and pickups were the best thing ever. When I first saw it to be the case I was like FINALLY! This is sensible. Also I've had a lot of situations with this new Deimos content where a necramech was killed quickly by someone for example, and the other players didn't know where the loot was, and it was generally an unnecessary mess around that we already have a perfectly workable solution for.

*edit: it would make fishing and mining infinitely less drudgery too, since We All Lift Together, which I think a lot of people agree should be addressed.

Edited by outseeker
it would fix mining and fishing