Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear de we need tatsu to actually be able to rival penant

warmastercain

Unrelated, but I'll post this everytime I'll see a post about two handed nikana changes: please DE, give Wise Razor a tactical combo and put the first attack of the idle combo there. Please... 

In topic: I think DE just went the "one status, one crit" formula for this weapon category. I doubt they'll ever change that. 

well, Pennant looks like a much heavier blade, so as a slower but heavy-hitting weapon, it could be made to stand out from the Tatsu, which could be made faster to allow for rapid strikes. both Swords would be effective, just in different ways.

personally the only thing I want for Two-Handed Nikanas is a new stance. Wise razor is OK, until the sword-flip move interrupts your combo for the Nth time. current workaround is to do a Slide attack instead , but those are less effective without charging the Soul Swarm mechanic first with kills.

Tatsu got higher attack speed, status chance and innate combined element you don't want the status chance (good for CO because it exist but won't mess with your toxin too much), at the cost of less crit and sighly lower damage.

For me, Tatsu is ways better unless you want an heavy attack build, but why would you ?

il y a 21 minutes, lukinu_u a dit :

Tatsu got higher attack speed, status chance and innate combined element you don't want the status chance (good for CO because it exist but won't mess with your toxin too much), at the cost of less crit and sighly lower damage.

For me, Tatsu is ways better unless you want an heavy attack build, but why would you ?

because easy 1M+ true DPS, huge ass AoE. I had litterally to wait steel path demolyst to just see the dots, because it is that powerfull.

Also why would you play a stance with S#&$ty moves like the only one we have.

il y a 11 minutes, Galuf a dit :

because easy 1M+ true DPS, huge ass AoE. I had litterally to wait steel path demolyst to just see the dots, because it is that powerfull.

There is something cool about maths : 1 000 000 = 10 x 100 000

Let's take these arbitrary numbers as example. Now, imagine an enemy have less than 1M health, this mean you will need less that 10 hits  at 100k to kill him, so less time spent, while the heavy attack always is the same long animation.
Now, add on top of that the fact heavy attack hardly scale with combo based mods and Condition Overload unless you build up combo and have a status dealer primary/secondary.

So yeah, 1M crit looks good and works, but imagine what you could achieve with a different build that make use of the good melee mods and rely on erverything aviable, rather than just showing big red numbers.

Why? The Tatsu is already faster, has higher base damage, has higher slash damage weighting, and a useful low effort passive all at the "cost" of being status instead of crit based. The discrepancy between the two is due to the power of heavy attack builds, not the weapons themselves, but this issue applies to all status vs crit comparisons.

If anything all the Tatsu (and all future 2h Nikanas) need is a better less clunky stance. Give it faster swings with fewer pointless impact procs and you have a much better CO stacking weapon.

il y a 39 minutes, lukinu_u a dit :

There is something cool about maths : 1 000 000 = 10 x 100 000

Let's take these arbitrary numbers as example. Now, imagine an enemy have less than 1M health, this mean you will need less that 10 hits  at 100k to kill him, so less time spent, while the heavy attack always is the same long animation.
Now, add on top of that the fact heavy attack hardly scale with combo based mods and Condition Overload unless you build up combo and have a status dealer primary/secondary.

So yeah, 1M crit looks good and works, but imagine what you could achieve with a different build that make use of the good melee mods and rely on erverything aviable, rather than just showing big red numbers.

the damage of the heavy itself with 0 elem mods(so pure bleed build) one taps heavies in veil proxima and probably a lot of the greener crew in SP as well. the dots ticked at more than 200K with chroma so it is theorically less than 5 bleeds as well ^^

2 hours ago, warmastercain said:

While penant is arguably our best 2 handed nirvana tatsu is always going to be the worst so could we see it get another cc and CD buff up to 29% cc and a 2.3x crit please it's only fair because tatsu still sucks Even with the kill mechanic

Its's such a cool looking weapon, but I absolutely hate the attack animations. I'll stick to my Orthos Prime otherwise.

the wise razor stance is so awkward to use.

i dunno why there has to be a somersaulting move in the combo and long recovery time of the sword spinning. that's a lot of wasted time which many weapons don't have to deal with. don't enjoy two handed nikanas because of this stance, hope theres another stance added someday

When was the last time we got a new stance mod btw? I don't think we got anything new since Wise Razor, and that was for a brand new melee class, not for any of the existing classes.

tfw they made a new stance, but it has 0.01% drop chance from a boss or very rare enemy... and not transmutable.

Or they could jsut add more 2-handed Nikanas and ideally another stance for them.

Wise Razor is a pretty weakish stance and adds to 2h Nikanas not being that powerful for regular melee combat atm.

Pennant primarily sticks out because its just so much better for heavy attacks which seems to be the primary forte of the weapon type atm. Tatsu is arguably also being held back more by not being a proper slahs weapon rather than its stats otherwise. Üennant as a low status puncture weapon has very prnounced downnsides for normal melee builds but Tatsu fails to really come far there due to innate Rad, which is in terms of damage an undesirable proc and not enough slash to make good use of that comparatively to toher slash weapons.

It could obviously be attempted to make the weapons more even, but given that we only have 2, we could just add more different weapons to expand on them. 2h Nikana Zaw could also be a neat addition on that end.

• 7 months later...
On 2020-09-15 at 1:55 PM, Galuf said:

Preach.

At least i'm not the only one who hates this stance, both animation and combo wise.

Dont care for the numbers, the 'feel' is the whole point, for me at least.

Archived