Traders who are trigger-happy with the "ignore" button...

2 hours ago, IspanoLFW said:

What does you being active have anything to do with it? They don't really profit off you at all. If they did, you might have a point.

Wouldn't be the first time they've banned someone for something similar.

The "I have so much money(or status, etc) that laws/rules don't apply to me" attitude is rather disgusting.

my point is that i have high rep so people obviously like trading with me and im active so its not just some fluke sample size. quit demonizing me for no reason...

8 minutes ago, fiye said:

my point is that i have high rep so people obviously like trading with me and im active so its not just some fluke sample size. quit demonizing me for no reason...

And my point is that doesn't matter. I told you it can happen, because it has happened. You do you, but "warframe market isnt going to ban a very active high-reputation trader for forgetting to change their status once a month." isn't going to protect you if it does happen to come about. Because some of the others I saw, they were too.

21 hours ago, Raikh said:

Not sure if Warframe is flooded with players having some form of social anxiety or if a decently sized part of the players trading do not have any sense of a trading etiquette or just general courtesy.

I've had a fair amount of people legitimately thank me just for answering them, even if I just declined their offer because constantly being ignored is a common frustration for those players.

Outright ignore lsiting people might be less frequent but its certainly a common occurrence to be ignored despite timely answers.

Especially for non-riven stuff there is a fairly strong gogogo mindset, where not answering almsot absurdly fast will have you being ignored because people either hop to the next seller or wrote half a dozen people to being with. Its certainly efficient but alos pretty disrespectful behavior.

Trading in WF just seems to be a bit too much for a lot of players either way and some just bite off more than they can chew on top of that.

I mean the game is huge and takes ages to learn everything. pretty sure most players would have social issues, otherwise they would be outside playing football or something.
warframe is a time killer for people with huge time to kill...who are those people in general?

• Like 1
On 2020-09-15 at 7:04 PM, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Is it sad that this happens to me too much? Sometimes from just disagreeing with the prices a lil or just saying "i dont sell it for this low" i get ignored,Trade chat is weird fam why ignore people that you will rarely meet in the game later? And so fast without a second thought?

I absolutely do this & will always keep doing it. I'm in a defense, someone asks to buy something from me so I exit earlier than I plan to, missing out on my time I could be farming & the bonuses I'd get for staying longer in relic defense - then we start the trade & they then tell me they actually won't buy it for the price listed, which is the cheapest available on warframe.market almost all of the time. I tell them I'm not taking less than the items value, they can put in prime parts to make up the difference if they want.
I would say maybe 1/30 of these hagglers ever do want to make a fair deal by making up the difference, so 29/30 get ignored for wasting my time & trying to give me a bad, unfair deal. They're ignored because I don't even want them wasting my time again in trades & this way I won't have to put up with them. It's fantastic.

• Like 3

Another one.

And this is why I will straight up quit most missions where there hasn't already been a significant time investment (and avoid long missions) to accommodate trades as quickly as possible. Maybe this happens more often than I thought; it's only been 3 days since the last guy.

ffw4lVo.png

• Like 2
On 2020-09-15 at 6:53 PM, sly_squash said:

.... can you explain yourselves?

IY3swlm.png

While I wouldn't say I get this a lot, I do get this about once every month or two.  Looking at the timestamps, I clearly replied within seconds of the request. In addition, given my first few messages went through I clearly didn't start off in his ignore list, but was manually added after responding, yet none of what I said was remotely abusive.

I've blacked out the user's name because I'm not trying to shame the individual but rather to understand the behavior. Are any of you trigger-happy with the ignore button in this way?

My understanding is that what's happening is that the user is spamming these trade requests to the top 5 or so entries on warframe.market, trading with the first person that responds, and adding the rest to ignore so they won't feel compelled to explain to these users that their trade request window has expired.

Do you feel that such is a valid justification to add someone to your ignore list for having the audacity to take 5 seconds longer than another to respond to your request? Do you believe that the Warframe community is simply so vast that you would never run into this individual again, or that they would never be interested in anything you have to offer and thus unable to purchase from you? Do you feel nothing of the fact that the person on the other end may have quit their mission early to address your trade request only to be unable to invite you to their dojo, or may be disheartened at losing access to another possible buyer/seller within the warframe marketplace? Are you willing to un-ignore the person if they, say, have a clanmate message you requesting you unignore them so as to keep the lines of communication open if I may want to trade with you in the future? Do you just overall genuinely believe this is an appropriate way treat other players?

You must be new to online gaming .

• Like 1
On 2020-09-15 at 1:12 PM, fiye said:

I use my ignore list as a tool when trading. I do NOT use wf market as you described by messaging tons of people and only taking the first answer.

If I realize that I forgot to go offline on the market or already sold an item and I'm in the middle of an eidolon hunt, its easier to right-click ignore than type out a sentence.

Sometimes if I'm scanning trade chat and I start to recognize some people are never going to post offers im interested in I'll add them to my ignore list so the chat doesnt move as quickly.

Before or after long trading sessions I will usually go into my settings and clear my ignore list. It is very rare that I encounter a user that I want no future interaction with ever again.

Occasionally I ignore people who are wasting a great deal of my trading time either by their complete lack of experience with the trading system or inconsiderate "just wait 20 minutes, oh woops just another 10, oh actually can i have 5 more" type of people. I try to be patient though and especially with new players.

tldr, i ignore lots of people but rarely for more than a day or 2.

So what you're telling me is that you behave like a jerk (ignoring people for no reason they can discern), blame other players for it (randomly ignoring people in trade chat instead of using filters), and making up stories to further justify your behaviour (that 35 minute wait story you just pulled out of your ass).

Congratulations, you earned yourself an ignore in these forums.

On 2020-09-15 at 1:14 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

Huh, I wonder if a decent chunk of people do this. 

Certainly not a chunk of decent people!

I didn't read the entire thread; TLDR (apologies).

People sometimes act in inconsiderate ways.  Don't let them get to you - you did nothing wrong, and the effort to prevent it isn't effective.  Hang in there and know that most people, most of the time, are good / friendly.  Some of the best interactions I've had in Warframe chat were through trading with others.

Those players that choose foolish behavior will sadly suffer from their actions over time.  It's natural (think Karma).

On 2020-09-15 at 7:10 PM, Raikh said:

I've had a fair amount of people legitimately thank me just for answering them, even if I just declined their offer because constantly being ignored is a common frustration for those players.

If i don't answer you, it's because someone else came before you. Can't make it more obvious than closing the private message window or whatever it was called (although i don't actually know if it closes it for the other player. Just makes sense that it would). How can that be frustrating? Do you want me to say i'm sorry? Because that would be a lie.

15 minutes ago, CoefficientOfCool said:

I wish that instead of saying some lame S#&$ like "my warframe is strong." They would say, "my ignore list is stronk." then I would uncheck the box that mutes all that stuff. can always dream though.

Or 'I like the smell of ignores in the morning.'

Or better yet, this could surpass even Vor's quote: 

I ignore people who dont answer me in 30 seconds.

If youre trading and "online in game", your job is to instantly leave whatever youre doing to focus on the customer/trade.
If you cannot do that, use the option "online", that means you are available in the website but trading is not your priority.

Time is the most valuable resource and many people cannot afford to spend their time waiting for someone else.

Edited by Imniscor
  • Like 1
vor 1 Stunde schrieb (PS4)Yggranya:

If i don't answer you, it's because someone else came before you. Can't make it more obvious than closing the private message window or whatever it was called (although i don't actually know if it closes it for the other player. Just makes sense that it would). How can that be frustrating? Do you want me to say i'm sorry? Because that would be a lie.

Sadly, no closing the chat window only closes it for yourself. The other player doesn't get any message either. I'm not speaking for myself here, I absolutely understand what no answer means, although I usually find it a bit rude, not stressing myself about it though. Don't have any expectations about other players decency to begin with.

But from my experience it bothers quite a few people when they're just being ignored all the time. Saying "No, thank you" or "Already bought it, sry" is primarily a matter of courtesy to the individual who went to the initiative to message you or you messaged in the first place. It has little to do with really feeling sorry and nobody expects you to be really sorry about that. Its amatter of treating people with a basic level of respect.

1 hour ago, Imniscor said:

You are not that important, sorry. You are a user like everybody else. 

If youre trading and "online in game", your job is to instantly leave whatever youre doing to focus on the customer/trade.

You are not a Prima Donna. Don't pretend to act like one. 

If you cannot do that, use the option "online", that means you are available in the website but trading is not your priority.

Leaving messages exists for a reason. Language exists for a reason. There is a reason why there are agreements

Time is the most valuable resource and many people cannot afford to spend their time waiting for someone else.

Playing a video game instead of working. Selling stuff instead of playing. Wait is time your first priority? Really? 

GIVE ME A BREAK, bruh......please.

• Like 3
On 2020-09-15 at 1:05 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I never understand the type of people who will ignore someone just because they don't want to explain they are buying from someone else... it's just... a sign of someone with some serious social avoidant issues. 

I'm literally a schizoid and even I feel bad about just ignoring others and moving on like they were nothing... Nah, these guys are just genuinely bad people who don't belong in society

13 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

I'm literally a schizoid and even I feel bad about just ignoring others and moving on like they were nothing... Nah, these guys are just genuinely bad people who don't belong in society

So, ignoring someone online makes you a bad person? Seems legit.

• Like 1

4Pages Didn't Read.

It's simple

In Warframe Time is Money. Either you use Plat to get things, or you spend Time Grinding for them, or spend Time Trading for them.

The Struggle makes people super salty and impatient. So they act like jerks a lot when in Trade Mode.

good real world comparison: Road Rage during Rush Hour. stress makes people into monsters.

I suppose a more streamlined Trade System might help out? Cause staring at a scrolling wall of text kinda wears people down....

But I do believe that DE intentionally wants to keep it that way, if it sucks then the Alternative -Just Buying Plat- looks all the better.

1 hour ago, Learicorn said:

Implying they only ignore one person. They go on streaks, ruining everyone's day and do not give a damn about it

Ok, then i'm the devil or whatever.

But how does being blocked ruin anyone's day?

I have AvPD, i'm the most sensitive person i ever knew and yet i'm not so fragile that a couldn't brush off something like being blocked like nothing. (because it's nothing)

Some people act like they have a victim complex to claim some false sense of superiority over a non-issue. (because they really see it as a rejection of their self, which hurts their ego, even though that's most often not the case)

At least that's how i see it.

In an environment where it's the quickest, most efficient way to deal with people, it is to be expected people will use it to maximize their efficiency for profit.

No one has to attach any emotion to it, it's just a feature in an emotionally detached system (or minigame)inside the game.

The game doesn't ask you to kill babies or start a nuclear war irl..

It's just a block for a person you would never see again anyways.

15 hours ago, Raikh said:

Sadly, no closing the chat window only closes it for yourself. The other player doesn't get any message either. I'm not speaking for myself here, I absolutely understand what no answer means, although I usually find it a bit rude, not stressing myself about it though. Don't have any expectations about other players decency to begin with.

But from my experience it bothers quite a few people when they're just being ignored all the time. Saying "No, thank you" or "Already bought it, sry" is primarily a matter of courtesy to the individual who went to the initiative to message you or you messaged in the first place. It has little to do with really feeling sorry and nobody expects you to be really sorry about that. Its amatter of treating people with a basic level of respect.

Huh. Well i never wanted to do any traiding to begin with. Of course, there is no other way to obtain plat, except by supporting DE. People will just have to learn to deal with it and/or come to the forums to vent.

10 hours ago, Imniscor said:

OK but 

1. In almost every example I can think of in recent memory, I was not muted at the time of initial reply but later in the "conversation" (I use the term "conversation" loosely because in almost every instance of dealing with a serial muter their only message was the auto-generated warframe.market message. They give no indication that they're in such a hurry that for me to finish extracting from my mission would be a mortal sin).
  2. I disagree with your assessment of those statuses. To me Online means I'm on a computer with web browser access but no warframe access. You can contact me via warframe.market / riven.market private messages to arrange a trade at a later time (especially useful for riven trades), but I probably can't jump into the game now to complete the sale. Online In Game means what it says: you're playing warframe and can take PM's there. It just means you can be PM'ed in game, not that you're on standby doing nothing but awaiting trade requests.
  3. Do you recognize that chat messages can be easy to miss? No one is ever going to be in their dojo staring intently at the chat bar for hours at end. They will be doing one of the following
    • They are playing the game normally but open to trading. This means your message might get missed for a minute or two due to the game itself drawing their attention away from the chat bar.
    • They are sitting in Dojo awaiting your trade, but they are doing so on a second monitor while doing something else on their primary monitor. This means your message might get missed for a minute or two due to the player having to take attention away from whatever he's doing on his primary monitor to scan his secondary monitor for private messages.

So one of my big questions to you is: if you expect traders you buy from to be sitting in Dojo scanning chat intently for PM's ready to address your precious trades within a very short time window, do you do the same when you're the one trying to sell things? If time is so precious, when you're the one selling are you placing those same expectations you have of other traders on yourself? 

I doubt anyone who values their own time this much would effectively waste that much of it to pandering to potential buyers to such a degree, yet you seem to expect others to do this for you. Is that accurate?

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, kgabor said:

In an environment where it's the quickest, most efficient way to deal with people, it is to be expected people will use it to maximize their efficiency for profit.

But you aren't maximizing profit, because the time you feel you're saving isn't actually "time saved". If you found a different trader, while you're transitioning to their dojo, waiting for other players to load in said dojo so you can interact with them in the kiosk, or even mid-trade waiting for the seller to find and place that item in the trade window, you have far more than enough time to address the other trader. No "time is being saved" by clicking ignore instead of telling them "never mind". It's like telling yourself that just don't have time to text someone back while you're sitting in a train staring at the seat in front of you for twenty minutes. To justify this of lack of consideration as a means to elevate your own in-game efficiency is just mental gymnastics to validate clearly toxic behavior. Also, you aren't maximizing profits because...

4 hours ago, kgabor said:

It's just a block for a person you would never see again anyways.

... what if they want to buy from you in future? How is it "maximizing your own efficiency for profit" if potential buyers are unable to contact you in the future when you're selling they want? And it does happen. I see ads in trade chat for something like veiled rivens and I contact them for a purchase only to find I've been pre-ignored. I look through my screenshots of users who have ignored me during a trade request I wasn't able to address immediately, and bam there they are.

The size of the community is relatively healthy, but this is really pushing it IMO. Just spend a few minutes sometime watching trade chat. Sure it seems like an endless flow of unique advertisements from unique players, but after a few cycles you'll probably notice a lot of repeating ads and names. There aren't that many concurrent players on each platform, and far fewer traders.

Edited by sly_squash
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Closing your chat window does not close the window for the other person.

A simple, "hey - not looking for it anymore" is adequate and appropriate.  If it was worth the time to take someone's time and attention in the first place, it is worth the time and attention to be considerate and give a quick reply.

It is frustrating because the person on the other end is putting time and attention to reply and work on making a trade.  They don't know why replies to chat aren't working.  If the person had a distraction, was working on many trades at once, accidentally closed the tab, it can help to try to chat more than once.

Anyway - selfishness punished the owner far more than the recipient.