Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Traders who are trigger-happy with the "ignore" button...

sly_squash

.... can you explain yourselves?

IY3swlm.png

While I wouldn't say I get this a lot, I do get this about once every month or two.  Looking at the timestamps, I clearly replied within seconds of the request. In addition, given my first few messages went through I clearly didn't start off in his ignore list, but was manually added after responding, yet none of what I said was remotely abusive.

I've blacked out the user's name because I'm not trying to shame the individual but rather to understand the behavior. Are any of you trigger-happy with the ignore button in this way?

My understanding is that what's happening is that the user is spamming these trade requests to the top 5 or so entries on warframe.market, trading with the first person that responds, and adding the rest to ignore so they won't feel compelled to explain to these users that their trade request window has expired.

Do you feel that such is a valid justification to add someone to your ignore list for having the audacity to take 5 seconds longer than another to respond to your request? Do you believe that the Warframe community is simply so vast that you would never run into this individual again, or that they would never be interested in anything you have to offer and thus unable to purchase from you? Do you feel nothing of the fact that the person on the other end may have quit their mission early to address your trade request only to be unable to invite you to their dojo, or may be disheartened at losing access to another possible buyer/seller within the warframe marketplace? Are you willing to un-ignore the person if they, say, have a clanmate message you requesting you unignore them so as to keep the lines of communication open if I may want to trade with you in the future? Do you just overall genuinely believe this is an appropriate way treat other players?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

You took 1 minute to reply that's why he ignored you.

If that wasn't it maybe he was trolling

I never understand the type of people who will ignore someone just because they don't want to explain they are buying from someone else... it's just... a sign of someone with some serious social avoidant issues. 

Not sure if Warframe is flooded with players having some form of social anxiety or if a decently sized part of the players trading do not have any sense of a trading etiquette or just general courtesy.

I've had a fair amount of people legitimately thank me just for answering them, even if I just declined their offer because constantly being ignored is a common frustration for those players.

Outright ignore lsiting people might be less frequent but its certainly a common occurrence to be ignored despite timely answers.

Especially for non-riven stuff there is a fairly strong gogogo mindset, where not answering almsot absurdly fast will have you being ignored because people either hop to the next seller or wrote half a dozen people to being with. Its certainly efficient but alos pretty disrespectful behavior.

Trading in WF just seems to be a bit too much for a lot of players either way and some just bite off more than they can chew on top of that.

I use my ignore list as a tool when trading. I do NOT use wf market as you described by messaging tons of people and only taking the first answer.

If I realize that I forgot to go offline on the market or already sold an item and I'm in the middle of an eidolon hunt, its easier to right-click ignore than type out a sentence.

Sometimes if I'm scanning trade chat and I start to recognize some people are never going to post offers im interested in I'll add them to my ignore list so the chat doesnt move as quickly.

Before or after long trading sessions I will usually go into my settings and clear my ignore list. It is very rare that I encounter a user that I want no future interaction with ever again.

Occasionally I ignore people who are wasting a great deal of my trading time either by their complete lack of experience with the trading system or inconsiderate "just wait 20 minutes, oh woops just another 10, oh actually can i have 5 more" type of people. I try to be patient though and especially with new players.

tldr, i ignore lots of people but rarely for more than a day or 2.

1 minute ago, fiye said:

I use my ignore list as a tool when trading. I do NOT use wf market as you described by messaging tons of people and only taking the first answer.

If I realize that I forgot to go offline on the market or already sold an item and I'm in the middle of an eidolon hunt, its easier to right-click ignore than type out a sentence.

Sometimes if I'm scanning trade chat and I start to recognize some people are never going to post offers im interested in I'll add them to my ignore list so the chat doesnt move as quickly.

Before or after long trading sessions I will usually go into my settings and clear my ignore list. It is very rare that I encounter a user that I want no future interaction with ever again.

Occasionally I ignore people who are wasting a great deal of my trading time either by their complete lack of experience with the trading system or inconsiderate "just wait 20 minutes, oh woops just another 10, oh actually can i have 5 more" type of people. I try to be patient though and especially with new players.

tldr, i ignore lots of people but rarely for more than a day or 2.

Huh, I wonder if a decent chunk of people do this. 

i think its funny because they would have nobody to trade with. had one guy i tried to talk to so i could buy a good riven for a few hundred p but i was on ignore. jokes on them i guess and i seen them trying to sell it for 1+ weeks afterwards. was weird because i know for a fact i did not talk to them in the last couple days at least, and their name was not familiar to me at all to begin with

9 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I never understand the type of people who will ignore someone just because they don't want to explain they are buying from someone else... it's just... a sign of someone with some serious social avoidant issues. 

Oh right that happens to me sometimes, it's worse to leave me in silence than saying that you found someone else with better prices

I use this if the player does not meet the conditions of my squad on a mission (survival hour, 20 open relics, etc.), they usually leave the mission earlier and get into my ignore list.

I very rarely use this feature in trading, although I spend 50% of my game time in trading.

11 hours ago, Ph4nt0m_ru said:

I use this if the player does not meet the conditions of my squad on a mission (survival hour, 20 open relics, etc.), they usually leave the mission earlier and get into my ignore list.

How does this help? I've heard rumors that the game doesn't match you in public matchmaking with players you have on your ignore list, but I'm not confident that's actually true. Do you believe adding them to your ignore list betters the quality of your matchmaking by eliminating leavers? Wouldn't you rather have separate "avoid" and "ignore" lists so that you can still trade and communicate with players that leave missions early? After all, those are two very different reasons to block someone.

EDIT: It's been somewhat confirmed later in this thread that adding someone to ignore does not prevent them from matching with you, so now I really don't understand this behavior at all.

25 minutes ago, Ph4nt0m_ru said:

I very rarely use this feature in trading, although I spend 50% of my game time in trading.

You ignore anyone who leaves survivals before an hour or doesn’t open at least 20 relics in an endless?

Let them ignore you. A trader who blocks themselves from the community is only hurting their bottom line, especially if they do a lot of trading. If you block 100 people in trade chat thats a bigger % than you realize. Not everyone uses trade channel in your region. If you block enough people in your region it will make a noticeable impact to who you can trade with.

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Let them ignore you. A trader who blocks themselves from the community is only hurting their bottom line, especially if they do a lot of trading.

But it also hurts my bottom line, since from now on they'll never see my ads in trade chat. It also prevents me from trading with them; I've had them make offers on warframe.market or trade chat only for my request to swiftly remind me I was ignored for being 2nd place in the reply race months ago. To prevent both of these, I usually try to have clanmates get the person to unblock me, but often that just gets them ignored too. :P

Warframe traders can be a fickle bunch.

1 minute ago, sly_squash said:

But it also hurts my bottom line, since from now on they'll never see my ads in trade chat. It also prevents me from trading with them; I've had them make offers on warframe.market or trade chat only for my request to swiftly remind me I was ignored for being 2nd place in the reply race months ago. To prevent both of these, I usually try to have clanmates get the person to unblock me, but often that just gets them ignored too. :P

These are people you don't want to get in bed with anyways. People who block when you try to negotiate don't understand the word "trade".

6 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

The community is large enough that I really don’t think this will hurt your bottom line in the long run.

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

The community is large enough that I really don’t think this will hurt your bottom line in the long run.

I really don't think the community, particularly the active trading community, is large enough that stuff like this is irrelevant. Spend enough time reading trade chat and you'll start to recognize names. You'll click a riven and realize "oh I already looked at this one". Trade with enough people and you'll see a lot of familiar dojos, sometimes even from your own previous clan.

The community size is certainly healthy, but it's far from limitless and I don't think anyone can truly justify making it ever smaller by blocking people because it's slightly easier to right-click-> ignore than to type "sry already bought".

Archived