Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix relic system

(PSN)UnchainedJagter

The relic system is again is annoying me and devs need to fix it i was about all my void traces and don’t get none of the items I actually want. Why can’t devs implement a system that just gives me the item 100 percent of I do it like Grendel systems a hard mission that gives me what I want for actually doing it rather then hours and hours of grinding wasting resources on one thing when I have other relics I want stuff from too. I rather do a hard ass mission and get the item that I want rather then gambling away my resources. And don’t say cause of playability or the devs want you to work for it. IVE WORKED FOR IT.  This gambling even makes trade chat more annoying. If they fixed system that allows players to get what they want 100 percent of time for doing a hard mission wouldn’t that can’t as also working for it. This will even stop people from getting overpriced and scammed in trade chat when they can actually work for it and get what they want rather then get mad and saying screw it I’ll get it from another player 

My main issues with Relic System are: overlapping relic content and essentialy only two ways of getting relics.

1) Relics content is from different prime accesses, this forces DE to print more relics with already existing items on each prime access, it makes DE vault a lot more relics than the stuff initialy came from D1, and it makes DE print new relics each time the stuff is unvaulted, coz old relics by definition contain stuff from other accesses that are vaulted. Result, a flood of new relics each time rotation changes. Just make relics with items only from a single prime access or unvault and that would fix that, tho we would see the real results after 2 years or so.

2) Either a very broad range of possible drops from starchart missions or relic packs or a single specific relic drop from bounties. What I would want to see is to have each planet have their exclusive share of relics drop on it at each time. That would both make farming specific relics more effective and shift the population of starchart from the most populated nodes to a lot more spread out ones, making the game in effect having a better effect on new players clearing the starchart.

The relic system is good the way it is except that there is too much relic change for each rotation. In the beggining prime items could only be acquired with real money(excalibur prime) they changed that so everyone could enjoy prime items for free, be grateful for that, they made it "hard" to get so you consider buying it with real money. The game is free to play and to run the game you need money, if they give you everything for free the game will die and tbh thats one of the best free games i have ever played. One of the most optimised game. 

13 minutes ago, madhav101 said:

The relic system is good the way it is except that there is too much relic change for each rotation. In the beggining prime items could only be acquired with real money(excalibur prime) they changed that so everyone could enjoy prime items for free, be grateful for that, they made it "hard" to get so you consider buying it with real money. The game is free to play and to run the game you need money, if they give you everything for free the game will die and tbh thats one of the best free games i have ever played. One of the most optimised game. 

Hard is one word it’s impossible I barley get the items I want from relics and I use all my void traces that I have and rarely get it 

3 hours ago, Savire510 said:

removing rng from a loot based shooter is like removing cars from a racing game.

That’s not a good comparison borderlands is a looter shooter and the loot I get is pretty good a worse looter shooter is destiny and even then I can get mission to get the weapons I want with diffrent stats each time in less time 

There’s other players that agree the relic system isn’t good too much rng is annoying cuts fun from game. The relic system feels like I’m in Vegas and I’m hoping I don’t lose everything in process. I rather do a hard mission to increase my chances of getting it rather then just do a mission and pray I get it. Giving players a higher chance of getting the item they want for just harder difficulty is a fair trade 

I believe that the relic system could have a tweak. However I do NOT advocate for removing the RNG out of it.
I agree that the system needs to be changed such as the possibility for flawless and radiant rewards.
So many times players radiant and flawless their relics, 12 relics later and are still getting commons from relics. The possibility of getting a rare from a radiant is extremely low. Of course there will always be a lazy player who would rather buy them and a hard working player who will definitely grind for hours to get that reward they are seeking but we also want to collect sets to sell so we can continue to buy from other players. I feel like the system does need some tweaking, these rates seem a bit off perhaps but I feel that the rates should very on the void traces required to improve relic quality. There will still and always be an RNG system because that's also part of what makes or breaks the trade community of Warfame.

(Intact) Relics: 10% rare reward
(Exceptional) Relics: 15% rare reward
(Flawless) Relics: 20% rare reward
(Radiant) Relics: 30% rare reward

I know the system isn't perfect nor are my statistics but my heads in the right place I believe.

I feel like this is a difficulty of perception thing. If you stick till the pure probably of a drop, you will be able to safely bet that you will get at least one rare drop you are looking for, from a single relic, after 50 cracks of that relic. It always is less than that right now, because most players run with other people cracking the same thing, because of popularity.  It is just catching the drop when it happens that is the infuriating part, that currently, players have to pay attention to. This may be to discourage people going AFK...but I don't think it it does a lot to prevent that. I feel a little bit of automation could go a long way in make players able to relax about this kind of stuff.

1: Relic Que - allow players to create a list of relics that the menu will pick for you if no relic gets selected. Those particular relics are always prioritized over other relics, and can be specified at a particular radient level so that player can target the drops they want, if they have the void traces at the beginning of the match.

2: Pick Up Priority - This can be a list of items that the computer will pick for you if the options come up in your drop menu. The priority can be made irrespective of the items vaulted status, and maybe have a user specified maximum copy limit, so you don't end up with 10 Hydroid Prime Systems if you have better thinks to go after.

3: Void Trace Exchange Token System - This could take on a bunch of forms. I am thinking a direct exchange of Ducets for some propotional amount, like 3 Traces/Ducet. I am sure no one will use it, but it would be nice to have if you needed it.

Archived