Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do the players really want?

mega_lova_nia

So i've been thinking.

From my observations, my hypothesis suggest that there are only a few things that would make players happy for a long term in Warframe (emphasis on long term) : Platinum, Rivens, Kuva, and Endo, Not new weapons or new warframes, or maybe new worlds or new maps. As long as DE didn't add methods for players to get rich, its content would be lackluster like any other update that we have got. If this hypothesis is true, than in theory, the only interesting thing that DE could add to Warframe is more story, which limits DE's options when doing more updates if they consider player base loyalty or interests.

So, here's a request, please prove me wrong.

Other than more storylines or more story quests, what would the player base really want? (Excluding bug fixes cuz duh)

New weapons, new warframes, new mission types. Maybe a new faction, and not the half-ass stuff we've gotten with the sentients; I'd like to see new planets with a whole new faction.

I'd really like to see them spend a year reworking all of the broken, buggy, disconnected, unifished stuff strewn throughout the game. If they announced a rebalancing, mode integration, damage and mod rework, total reward revamp and polish pass on the entire game I would be infinitely more hype than I have ever been for 'open world' farmville stuff.

Most of all no more open worlds, railjack gimmicks or useless tileset updates. They love to release stuff that looks good as an announcement because that builds hype for new players.

More bug fixes >:) 

Ok, in all seriousness, I would like general enhancements to existing stuff, like improvements to the engine, optimization, along with something being done to the modding system.

We have thousands of mods, but they not all of them have a use at all, nor can they even compete with mandatory mods.

I really like story and lore, even if the writing for different game sections, uh, janks pretty badly and has a tendency to be held together by constant retcons. I like the Entrati. I like the SU.

I appreciate new weapons with odd mechanics, passives, and modes, that’s cool.

I really, really, really want a full, coherent, cohesive Operator and Focus rework, one which begins with the devs asking themselves ‘Ok, exactly what is this for and what do we want from it, to add to the game, the player experience, and the story?’

I want DE to do a sort of ‘interconnections update’, where they bring Railjack into the game and do what they said they would: use it as the thing which binds a lot of the rest of the game together.

I...personally don’t care too much about moar Rivens and moar Kuva.

i also don't really care about rivens or kuva, and plat is only a tool to get what i REALLY want, which is fashionframe. 

i love new warframes, playing around with new powers and stuff is loads of fun. it would be really cool if the devs would integrate railjack into the rest of the game properly. anything showing some love to operators (cosmetics, focus rework, story, idc) is great. 

i'm not really a BIG NUMBERS GO BRRR sort of player.

Naw, it's all about the new toys and fashion.

Platinum is almost exclusively about fashion and convenience, most of which is convenience for getting the new toys. Rivens are a double edged sword because while they can be nice, they are only worth putting on weapons most people don't want to use, they are hard to get, harder to get a good one, can become useless overnight, and most weapons that's really worth using don't need a Riven in the first place. Kuva is only needed for Rivens and, again, most weapons that are worth using in the long run don't need a Riven in the first place. As for Endo... the longer you play, the less you need unless you are one of those people who absolutely has to have every X/10 mod at 10/10 instead of 9/10. The only time I ever use Endo anymore is if brand new mods come out and there usually aren't enough new mods released at any one time that I have to work all that hard to get enough Endo to max most of them out and 9/10 the X/10 rares/primes.

I have been playing this game since it was originally released, so I've been here long term.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I love how wrong you are.. I'm out if they don't release new weapons, frames and quests and the like.. seriously. And I've been here for 5+ years.

There could also be a myriad of different types of players who all play for different reasons and thus have many different examples of what they expect from the game. Though that could also be wrong. 

Maybe everyone is wrong?

You might need to make some more observations then, or keep better notes.  I don't particularly care about Rivens (and therefore Kuva) at all.  I'm not interested in trading with other players for platinum - I get "enough" from saving up for Prime Access, and I've heard enough horror stories about people getting Poisoned Platinum in trades that I don't trust any I didn't buy myself.  (As in, I'd rather melt Prime Parts down for ducats than spend the time and hassle dealing with Trade Chat and taking the risk that their platinum isn't corrupted.)

I look forward to each new Warframe being released, and collect every weapon eventually.  To be honest I have multiples of almost every Warframe so that I can experiment with things like the Umbral mods without locking my original 'frames into a single build.  I'm pretty weird though, since I keep the standard Warframe even when I have access to the Prime version.

I generally enjoy the game. My only gripe with demios is the convoluted rep grind eith the absurd token system.  Keep it simple like cetus.

I like new fashion, frames, weapons, etc. Like anyone else.

I want to see more meat on railjack and more story with the new war.

I am hoping the duviri paradox will give us more story but also make operaters better. And overhaul them physically with a proper character creator.  The option to make adult tenno plz.

Thing's everyone can actually agree on?

- Clean up all the bugs and issues that cause loss of functionality. Things like "Ability in use" just keep popping up and the list of bugs seems to grow with every update.

- Clean up the maps. This is very subtle, but I can't be the only one to recognize it. The haphazard hitboxes on the environment get really annoying after close to four thousand hours, and it's got to be equally annoying to be new and not know where you can get stuck. Thankfully someone at DE has actually been fixing things here and there, like the wires on the evac tile on Mars or the grate on the Corpus settlement Rescue tile. The wires, which are right in the trajectory of a bullet jump from the door leading in to the evac pad, used to look like you could pass through them, except you would get hooked on them and couldn't slide through the gap. Now, thankfully, someone removed their hitbox so you can just fly straight through them. The grate on the Corpus tile is probably more well known. You'd have to finagle yourself into just the right spot to fall through it, then you'd have to hop over every little ledge in the tunnel, and jumping back out into the prison was just as annoying. By simply lifting the gate and smoothing out the tunnel, not only is there an indication for the secret way in, but all the annoyance associated with it is gone. I, as someone who's gone through there easily 500+ times, know that I'm not going to want to punch something just doing the mission, and I also know new players aren't going to have to deal with the same annoyance. Like I said, it's subtle, and it's tricky to figure out, but it's something that undeniably makes the game better for everyone. Just think about how many nearly invisible lips on walls you've been stuck on, or how strange it feels to jump around certain pillars, or how annoying it is to get stuck on things that you clearly shouldn't be getting stuck on.

- Clean up, streamline and add better explanations to already existing systems. This one's fairly self explanatory. New players get chucked into a sea of incomprehensibility, old players just get annoyed with having to dig through an unnecessary amount of menus for the thousandth time and learn workarounds for things that you know will inevitably break and screw you over.

Basically, if DE spent more time on simple QoL improvements, general player retention would go up. Make the main gameplay better, make it function consistently, make it understandable to new players, and then they wouldn't need to rush themselves on half-baked updates to pull back all the people who leave due to the steady pile-up of annoyances. Because as is, those same annoyances just compound into the new content, and sustain the loop of players coming back for a week to a month before they hit the peak of that annoyance and bail.

We players aren't a single entity so there are different kind of wants.

Basically though, the grind is what keep people playing in an MMO. There are other things like the social aspect but these are not major. Players DO love grinding, the developer just needs to know how to make grinding fun so players don't feel like they are working on a job.

More player interaction and/or more depth.

I'm personally sick and tired of the most efficient ways to complete progress being cheese strats and the seemingly 'intended' methods being covered in so many multipliers and mechanics meant to mitigate the aforementioned cheese strats - which neither works (As it's inevitably still cheesable) nor does it make the actual encounter or activity fun to play making the cheese strategy not only more efficient, but also more fun by virtue of at least being dull, and not outright frustrating.

Iso vaults, for example - it's just timer after timer for the first part, and the actual boss fight is not only extremely cheesable, they slathered the simple, but classic formula of attack-baiting in damage reflection, invincibility, tight spaces, secondary enemies and multiple bosses. 

If it takes nerfs, so be it - enemies need nerfs as much as players anyway.

20 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Iso vaults, for example - it's just timer after timer for the first part, and the actual boss fight is not only extremely cheesable, they slathered the simple, but classic formula of attack-baiting in damage reflection, invincibility, tight spaces, secondary enemies and multiple bosses. 

Add in Granum Void to this for similar reasons, basically cheesing it is the only way for it to be bearable (those Solaris are just not worth it, needing the Xoris doesn't help either).

Basically "Use Peacemakers to beat this and have RNG be 99% of the actual challenge to getting this frame" is the whole problem with Granum.

...Also Infested Salvage because lol Infested Salvage and Defection because *^&$ Defection.

It depends entirely on what players you're asking. No matter what is ever suggested or added there will be portions of the community that either didn't want more of that type of content or get out right angry that they even spent the time making it. Likewise there are always going to be portions that will enjoy a new addition and may even want more of it.

For me personally I want the game to get some genuine balancing attempts that can make our progression mean more than overkilling enemies even harder and/or some form of "endgame" that accounts for all of our progression.

Archived