What do the players really want?

There's a few things I can think of off the top of my head, and other things I'd like to see happen have been mentioned already :)

- It would help to be able to zoom in / out while you check yourself out in the arsenal, so that you can see exactly where your armor, syandanas and sigils are placed! Currently, like for viewing your Operator you need to move the cursor over different parts of the customization menu in order to move the camera closer or further back, which isn't ideal for Fashion-frame efficiency, etc. For frames, looking at the regalia (Shoulder emblems) is one main way of looking closer at your shoulder armor, for another example.

• (I'll update my own thread in the near future with that actually; It's included below)

- Pertaining to transportation, Railjacks could be used to travel from one Open-World mission node to another, allowing you to drop down via archwing at any time! Especially if you need to plan things out for the Orb Mothers or a Deimos world boss.

• Speaking of railjack, there's an idea that I posted to help integrate Corpus into the Empyrean missions, in this Tenno's thread: 
    • In short, what if the Corpus are using those train systems to transport resources up to ships above the Venusian atmosphere? I thought that mission type could be introduced in a new Operation, and may give us a taste of what a Corpus Empyrean mission can be like (The indoor ship part)! In contrast to Grineer Galleon Captains, Corpus ships would be managed by a Fleet Supervisor (It sounds like a business-employee sort of title!).

Aside from that, there are a large number of things I thought of a long time back, and made two threads for:

That has a good range of things in the list, but due to how long it would've been otherwise, I have this separately:

Both of my own threads there were integrated with each other, since the Operator Customization was a part of the bigger post; They speak for themselves :)

That being said, although some of these things may be a bit of a tall order (Not game-breakingly so, but still) I believe they can be achieved, given enough time.

16 hours ago, mega_lova_nia said:

So i've been thinking.

From my observations, my hypothesis suggest that there are only a few things that would make players happy for a long term in Warframe (emphasis on long term) : Platinum, Rivens, Kuva, and Endo, Not new weapons or new warframes, or maybe new worlds or new maps. As long as DE didn't add methods for players to get rich, its content would be lackluster like any other update that we have got. If this hypothesis is true, than in theory, the only interesting thing that DE could add to Warframe is more story, which limits DE's options when doing more updates if they consider player base loyalty or interests.

So, here's a request, please prove me wrong.

Other than more storylines or more story quests, what would the player base really want? (Excluding bug fixes cuz duh)

Sims3/4 kind of FASHION for Operators, i want bodysliders, more ethnical options, and all facial parts with sliders instead of blends..

11 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

Because Warframe isn't a typical mmorpg, thank god.

While Clans do need to be given a purpose other than constructing elaborate monuments, raids/dungeons ain't it. Hell, even in mmo's where they originate they alienate well over half the player base.

Thank god the game doesn't have any meaningful content to do once you're done collecting all the mastery? Thank god some new players won't feel alienated because they can't do content designed for the endgame even though they'll eventually hit that point anyway? At least with that system in place, players will have something to work toward instead of just aimlessly go around collecting weapons/frames just to power level them in a few minutes.

more mod slots and real modular warframes not this half helminth system or rework helminth system with helminth pet system , helminth exalted weapon system ,  more Umbras and mods pet 3.0 system that we can more customize our pets .

49 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

At least with that system in place, players will have something to work toward instead of just aimlessly go around collecting weapons/frames just to power level them in a few minutes.

And what will you do once you've guzzled through said raid/dungeon content, just like the rest of the content? It'll be more of the same, only more alienating. Instead of it being a mode the majority can enjoy, it'll only cater to a very small minority--just like it did in the past, hence its removal.

While I do agree there needs to be something with more enjoyable replayability, raids/dungeons ain't it.

19 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

And what will you do once you've guzzled through said raid/dungeon content, just like the rest of the content? It'll be more of the same, only more alienating. Instead of it being a mode the majority can enjoy, it'll only cater to a very small minority--just like it did in the past, hence its removal.

While I do agree there needs to be something with more enjoyable replayability, raids/dungeons ain't it.

It was removed because every update introduced new bugs to it that had to be fixed, DE couldn't be arsed to keep dealing with it so they just removed it altogether. If it's fun, repeatable content, you can keep doing it without feeling worn from it. I mean, people still do eidolons despite having hundreds or thousands of caps because it's repeatable content that's actually fun to do. If the raids/dungeons were done properly, I really don't see why it would be an issue to have.

1 minute ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

It was removed because every update introduced new bugs to it that had to be fixed, DE couldn't be arsed to keep dealing with it so they just removed it altogether.

While it had issues, that wasn't the only reason. DE said themselves in old streams that barely anyone played raids. There was no point in fixing the bugs of modes that only catered to 1% of the community.

48 minutes ago, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

It was removed because every update introduced new bugs to it that had to be fixed, DE couldn't be arsed to keep dealing with it so they just removed it altogether. If it's fun, repeatable content, you can keep doing it without feeling worn from it. I mean, people still do eidolons despite having hundreds or thousands of caps because it's repeatable content that's actually fun to do. If the raids/dungeons were done properly, I really don't see why it would be an issue to have.

Bugs were part of the reason it was removed.  The *other* part of the reason was that the population playing it was smaller than the number of people playing PVP modes.  They decided they were throwing huge amounts of time and effort at a mod that literally a few thousand players, out of *millions* of registered accounts were even attempting.

Raids / endgame content are never "done properly," because as far as I've seen from games that publish numbers, it's NEVER used by more than the tiniest fraction of the playerbase.

Cross Save so I could play anywhere and anytime without FOMO of split progress.

More reasons to not blaze right through levels just for loot. Like better tilemaps, different objectives and more story / character.

• Like 1

I don't mind things like new weapons and warframes, but I don't always need them. I feel like my armory is oversaturated as it is and I only have maybe 20-25 weapon slots.

I'd love nothing more than for DE to be able to implement Cross-save so I can flip between the two as I need to, but I get the feeling the game will be in its death throws before that happens. Aside from that the only other thing I could possibly want from them is for them to better communicate their intentions with the community when it comes to changes to the game; recent releases have been an absolute S#&$ show in that regard. 

On 2020-09-15 at 11:54 AM, mega_lova_nia said:

I have a counter-theory, based on my time in Team Fortress 2 and some observations of Sonic the Hedgehog

Thinking of the players as a singular entity who have a consensus regarding what they want, is not the correct way to think of them. They are a conglomerate of many people who want many things

The developers of Team Fortress 2 once admitted they stopped updating the game because they were utterly intimidated by their fanbase. They had made many different parts of the TF2 franchise over the years -- brand new game modes, new unlockable weapons, new hats, as well as comic books, web cartoons, and an entire new sub-game based on PvE called Mann Vs Machine, and later battle pass styled "contracts" -- that they accumulated many fans who each wanted many things. The developers were hearing so many requests each for every aspect of the franchise, that they panicked. They assumed that fans wanted "more of everything!" and would only be satisfied with mega-updates that had something for everyone

Similarly, as most people are aware, the Sonic fanbase is infamously fractured into a thousand pieces, all of which are still active and clamoring for Sega to cater to their vision of what they believe is a perfect Sonic franchise. This is why we ended up with Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces in the same year, to try and satisfy multiple segments of their fanbase at once -- and honestly, it wasn't a bad idea, Sonic Forces had potential if they tightened up the core gameplay loop and level design

Players wants? 

Yes, I remember.....

Player wants to have fun. Players wants to enjoy video games with polished content. Players wants quality in the delivery. Players wants transparency and fulfilled promises. 

Player wants a good environment free of toxicity and discrimination. Players wants a positive environment where people cooperates. Players want moderate challenges and a good story. 

Players wants a game that focuses on the lore and a good story to tell. Players wants to see progression and evolution in the game. 

I cannot talk for the others but I personally want more fashion for female-male frames, more type of companion (lizard-bird-amphibian) or just mercenaries-humanoid companions. More weapons for sentinels and finally a companion AI-weapon-utility tweaking, a revisit for the primary-secondary weapons 'I know it was not too long ago' a revisit which gave weapons some buffs but still there are more weapons which is now left behind like braton, kraken, energy weapons, boltor, burston etc. Minor tweaks and  number buffs for these items would be benefical since the enemy health, armor, shield revisit happend and some weapons just plain bad. Revisiting some older maps and tweak them like how they did with the corpus ship. Also they could add more type of maps even some planets could have their own tiles and others could be own planets-moons. 

In my part now this is what I would like but of course there are more desires.

• Like 1
On 2020-09-15 at 7:54 PM, mega_lova_nia said:

Other than more storylines or more story quests, what would the player base really want? (Excluding bug fixes cuz duh)

Shockingly, different players want different things, A spread of content is alway's DE's best bet.

• Cosmetics for the fashion-framers
  • Weapons and Warframes for the MR hounds and min-maxers
  • Lore for the Lore-hounds
  • Gameplay (Maps, missions, quests, events) for everyone so they can use the things that they enjoy.

Long-term DE have to balance cost-to-produce vs return in retention and ultimatly player spend. So there will always need to by some "procedural" or "repeating" content, the key is to vary enough or let player vary their play by having differeing goals while not overloading your content team.

Just like they have been doing

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 1