Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recently discovered another reason why Lich System is awful

White_Matter

I haven't touched Liches since god knows when, but today I decided I could try to get elemental upgrades for weapons I already had(I unknowingly created some Impact weapons :/). After a few tries I killed one larvling and saw that it had Twin Stubbas(killed it with saryn so it would be an upgrade over my 30% impact stubbas regardless) and before I turned it , I decided to clear the room first of enemies and then it just died. Like yeah, if you don't touch a Larvling for a minute or less, it dies by itself, denying you the opportunity to get the roll you desperately wanted. 

And I thought this whole thing couldn't get any worse :D

4 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

I haven't touched Liches since god knows when, but today I decided I could try to get elemental upgrades for weapons I already had(I unknowingly created some Impact weapons :/). After a few tries I killed one larvling and saw that it had Twin Stubbas(killed it with saryn so it would be an upgrade over my 30% impact stubbas regardless) and before I turned it , I decided to clear the room first of enemies and then it just died. Like yeah, if you don't touch a Larvling for a minute or less, it dies by itself, denying you the opportunity to get the roll you desperately wanted. 

And I thought this whole thing couldn't get any worse :D

its been known as they get treated the same as rescue targets that if you do not stab them after they go down they will die

The "dies by itself" is a feature - people wanted a way to opt out of making liches (have all the weapons, don't care about weapons, don't feel like dealing with them at all, whatevers.)  The larva auto-dies so they don't break things like Interception or Defense by somehow being still counted as "alive" and blocking the next wave.  They added a similar feature for people who don't want their lich to level up - knock down their first health bar three times *without* using a Parazon finisher and they'll go away without killing the player or gaining a level.  Of course actually using that option in teams makes some people *incredibly* angry, because of course it does.

19 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

The "dies by itself" is a feature - people wanted a way to opt out of making liches (have all the weapons, don't care about weapons, don't feel like dealing with them at all, whatevers.)  The larva auto-dies so they don't break things like Interception or Defense by somehow being still counted as "alive" and blocking the next wave.  They added a similar feature for people who don't want their lich to level up - knock down their first health bar three times *without* using a Parazon finisher and they'll go away without killing the player or gaining a level.  Of course actually using that option in teams makes some people *incredibly* angry, because of course it does.

Because you OWE THEM those ten murmurs from YOUR LICH. How dare you make your own decisions regarding your own personal nemeiss! 

il y a 44 minutes, (XB1)C11H22O11 a dit :

Why would you not stab it immediately after you wanted the weapon. They do die after some time

Basically this, it doesn't make sense even if what happened to you shouldn't be a thing, there is absolutely no reason to not finish a larvling after you identify a weapon that you actually want so that's on you.

I just did my second Lich out of boredom and for nightwave today (yes stupid reason to do a Lich, I know) and honestly the issue I had was mostly the sheer number of long-mission type nodes that it kept claiming (mostly Defense and Disruption...and at least 2 of the Defection nodes in the star chart) and how hard it was to even get it to appear.

Combat-wise it was actually easier than my first Lich for some reason, and with the Kuva Archgun and being Electricity type I expected the opposite.

I don't know how but I actually got 2 of the Requiems revealed before it even hit level 3...the rest of it was just me stabbing wildly because it then started showing up every other mission.

My main takeaway from my second Lich: I hate the Grineer...so much, god damn Commanders Switch Teleport spamming and level 100+ Nox units showing up in packs of 5...

So another way in which people make the Lich system worse than it actually is. Sometimes I wonder if people do this intentionally.

And no I'm not saying the system is "good" but man do people love making mountains out of ant hills.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I would consider doing it if it was 25% of your requiem requirement and not a measly 10 murmurs.

Right? Sometimes those ten murmurs are nice... but sometimes the owner of that Lich doesn't want to reset their Liches threat level for a measly ten murmurs, depending on how close they are to completion, etc. 

It is always the choice of the Lich holder and no one should ever be given crap for deciding to do what they want their own Lich. 

you forgot to add the layers upon layers of RNG i decided today to try and get a brakk with heat so i can upgrade mine for some reason... after i did about 10 runs or so i gave up actually just getting the damn lich cause i kept getting shilldegs and tonkors over and over... 

Everytime i try to engage with the system after ive obtained all the weapons it feels boring and simply not worth the effort because the missions are such a boring island of content... why can you not simply do other missions and find murmur if they had added it to say relic missions or bounties in Plains/Fortuna so id have a reason to go back id be all over that.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

seriously, how hard is it for you guys to stab someone at the proper time? 😋

There's a good reason why assassin and comedian are two of the harder jobs to succeed at.

Because without good timing you'll always miss the mark, every time.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

There's a good reason why assassin and comedian are two of the harder jobs to succeed at.

A lot of people think they will be great at standup comedy because they are the class clown or the funny guy around their friends. 

They don't realize how hard it is, how much work it is preparing a set beforehand, how much talent and built skill it takes to read a room and keep them interested and laughing, without knowing any of them from Adam. If you are at all funny easy to make your friends laugh... you know what they think is funny and all their triggers. A crowd of strangers is a totally different story. 

8 minutes ago, Aldain said:

I like assassinating assassins. They always look so surprised.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

A lot of people think they will be great at standup comedy because they are the class clown or the funny guy around their friends. 

They don't realize how hard it is, how much work it is preparing a set beforehand, how much talent and built skill it takes to read a room and keep them interested and laughing, without knowing any of them from Adam. If you are at all funny easy to make your friends laugh... you know what they think is funny and all their triggers. A crowd of strangers is a totally different story. 

That's why we ever so often have people who make "joke" threads that are about as amusing as a gas explosion.

Even getting a few non-cheap laughs around here is fairly difficult.

But eh, its a living -honks clown nose-.

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

You can thank other players for that. They demanded a dedicated opt-in system with confirmation (Hold). Initially, you only had to kill the Larving.

Yeah, be glad you didn't just have a random lich develop from doing an exterminate mission with your ignis. Also be glad you actually know what weapon the lich has before you make it.

1 hour ago, Deadoon said:

Yeah, be glad you didn't just have a random lich develop from doing an exterminate mission with your ignis. Also be glad you actually know what weapon the lich has before you make it.

You do you. I was OK with the original system. The point of a nemesis is the consequence over your actions. The changes killed that and turned Liches into nothing more than an Ephemera/Kuva Bramma (Back then) shop.

8 hours ago, White_Matter said:

After a few tries I killed one larvling and saw that it had Twin Stubbas(killed it with saryn so it would be an upgrade over my 30% impact stubbas regardless) and before I turned it , I decided to clear the room first of enemies and then it just died. Like yeah, if you don't touch a Larvling for a minute or less, it dies by itself, denying you the opportunity to get the roll you desperately wanted. 

Super Space Ninja Jedi versus pathetic Larvling minion.  Larvling dies early, but squeaks out the win in the final seconds anyway, 0 -1 . Epic.

Larvling be like...

Archived