Jump to content

Instead of Selling Weapons, Let us turn them Into Deco Wall Mounts! <3


Recommended Posts

I am a rather sentimental tenno, and over the course of my time in WF there have been instances of growing beyond a much loved weapon that served loyally for many space-years..

Instead of selling our Obsolete weapons for chump credits, how about the Tenno Lab in the Dojo, includes a weapon wall mount kits?  (one model for primary, secondary and melee weapons each) Basically the same thing as space-fish are mounted on.

When the deco is crafted, you get to select one of your 3 (or more) colour-schemes and then that gets permanently applied to the final wall deco once the foundry is done welding them together.

Anyway, I would love to hear from the community to see if they think this is a good idea.

It would mean we could have veritable armory rooms in our Orbiters and Dojos, if we chose to donate the deco.  Its like a wall fish, but sharper/louder.

Cheers,

 

     Sixes  <3

~It's a fish.. it's a boot.. No.. It's GUN!~

Edited by Sixes_Wild
  • Like 54
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just thinking about how I wanted to fill some of my dojo rooms with weapons. I noticed we have a weapon mount decoration, but no weapons to put them on and it was a little disappointing.

I'd love to be able to use cosmetics in the trophy, but understand if that's not entirely possible. I'd even be okay with just default weapon trophies.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had this idea too - I've gone through a lot of "main" weapons through the updates, and overly flooded them with Forma. I'd love to turn these into some sort of "Hall of Fame" in my Orbiter, these now-obsolete guns getting a place to be rightfully remembered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was more thinking about a sort of cosmetic subsume function for weapons sorta. You sacrifice a weapon to whatever machine, and in exchange be able to use its appearance for any other weapon of the same type. That might diminush the amount of skin sold, but I'm having such fun refarming all the frames, I'd love being able to do the same for weapons.

But that said, I'd also take wall mounts option gladly, as long as each doesn't cost several K cryotics...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

I was more thinking about a sort of cosmetic subsume function for weapons sorta. You sacrifice a weapon to whatever machine, and in exchange be able to use its appearance for any other weapon of the same type. That might diminush the amount of skin sold, but I'm having such fun refarming all the frames, I'd love being able to do the same for weapons.

But that said, I'd also take wall mounts option gladly, as long as each doesn't cost several K cryotics...

Oh you were thinking about a WOW-like appearance transmogrification hmm?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-09-15 at 5:12 PM, NecroPed said:

I was just thinking about how I wanted to fill some of my dojo rooms with weapons. I noticed we have a weapon mount decoration, but no weapons to put them on and it was a little disappointing.

I'd love to be able to use cosmetics in the trophy, but understand if that's not entirely possible. I'd even be okay with just default weapon trophies.

Well if nothing else I imagine just taking the model, putting it sideways and slapping a plate in there to split it in half wouldn't be too hard for DE to do. 

I'd really prefer a series of glass cases we can put our favorite weapons in, but I'll take what I can get.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Well if nothing else I imagine just taking the model, putting it sideways and slapping a plate in there to split it in half wouldn't be too hard for DE to do. 

I'd really prefer a series of glass cases we can put our favorite weapons in, but I'll take what I can get.

My main concern would be performance problems. I'm assuming they don't allow articula in dojo because of performance reasons. And would assume loading the customization could cause issues. I'll take default skins if I have to. But, if it is possible Being able to add the customized weapons would be great. Default weapons are for sure plausible considering it wouldn't be much different to the fish trophies. I just don't want to have to get that weapon again for it. I'm already annoyed at having to farm warframes again that I've mastered, I don't want to add 300 weapons to that list. If this gets implemented I honestly hope it doesn't require the weapon itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great idea! Free up an inventory slot and make a decoration. I love it. I still have my starter Skana for sentimental reasons.

I would also love to have all pets roam the Orbiter freely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Debzilla said:

This is a great idea! Free up an inventory slot and make a decoration. I love it. I still have my starter Skana for sentimental reasons.

I would also love to have all pets roam the Orbiter freely.

For me it was my good ol' Boltor Rifle that I wish I was able  to turn into a wall mount. Pin-Cushioned a lotta grineer with that thing..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...