Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey Kiddo Without Fail After Every Mission

Sevek7

Hi all! 

Sometime this Summer, after some update or hotfix, I started getting "Hey Kiddo" every single time I return to my orbiter. And I do mean every single time. I just tested it, went to a relay and back 5 times in a row, "Hey Kiddo" all 5 times. 

I have spoken with others, and it seems that this is happening to some players and not others. If this is intended, it would be neat if we could identify the reason (Lore- or Other-wise). It's possible the reason is already known, in which case please inform me! If not, let's discuss. If you are experiencing this, post your idea for why this might be happening! 

59 minutes ago, AltheusVI said:

I think you have to place the Rells' Donda decoration in your orbiter to stop this happening.

I got so excited seeing this! But... I tested it. Placed my Rell's Donda and did 5 relay visits, still "Hey Kiddo" all 5 times.

2 hours ago, anarchy753 said:

I have this too, I sort of assumed everyone had it. He's in my ship after basically every mission.

So, we have to find the similarity between us! Perhaps there is something that tags us for this strangeness.

This has been acknowledged as a bug by DE, but they seem not to be sure yet what's triggering it for some players.

Edit:  This quote is from [DE]George, but the quote feature appears to have dropped that info, clicking through to the thread will show you, though.

1 hour ago, AltheusVI said:

I think you have to place the Rells' Donda decoration in your orbiter to stop this happening.

Pretty sure that's just a placebo. I had the Donda placed pretty much since it became available (I removed it recently) and I still got visits, albeit infrequently.

Archived