Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How bad is this riven and is it worth rerolling it? (Phage)

(XBOX)CordingMoon7789

Question

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, (NSW)Jothki said:

Having a great base status rate means that status chance mods are even better. It's the low status chance weapons where you should just ignore the stat.

no, that's not how this works at all. Phage is base Elemental, and has a good Status Chance to begin with (especially since it shots 7 Beams). and uniquely for Continuous Weapons fully benefits from Multi-Shot. and like most Continuous Weapons hits 12x/sec. stacking a lot of Status would do basically nothing.

the only avenue that could benefit from that would be putting all of your eggs into stacking Fire/Elec/Toxin Status. extremely hyperniche and without doing the calculations it's hard to say if that would actually be any better than having actual Damage paired with good but not hyperinflated Status Chance.
dealing high DoT Damage is a factor of your actual Damage in Ratio with your probability of applying the Status Effect. applying 100 instances of the Status Effect but having little Damage in each one, doesn't mean you're doing a lot of Damage. just because you see [Status Effect]100 over the Health Bar of the Enemy doesn't mean they're actually taking a lot of DoT Damage.
Phage will already apply more Status Effects than ALMOST ALL Weapons in the game will when fully Modded to max Status Chance, without pushing Status Chance hardly at all. so if you were aiming to rely on just DoT's for some reason (rather than also having some upfront Damage too), you would already be applying a continuous stream of that Status Effect to the Enemy with unmodded Status Chance.

Phage is literally one of the best Status Weapons in the game. it innately has so much Status that Modding for more than a slightly more than that is essentially useless(one Status Elemental could be nice but essentially any more than that is a waste of Modding space). it's hard to even describe how much Status this Weapon already applies. whatever other Weapon you think of when you think 'has good Status' - Phage blows it out of the water, without modding for Status Chance at all.
instead, capitalize on increasing the really low Base Damage while also pushing the Crits, so that whatever Damage you're doing frontloaded or backloaded, gets far stronger.

i'm talking about capability to min/max the Damage of the Weapon, not creating a weird joke Loadout.

3 hours ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

i kinda actually enjoyed the phage just wondering if its useful on high level missions  Sorties, arbitrations, etc.

it's a very capable Weapon, and if you strengthen up its weaknesses (very low Base Damage, mediocre Crits), it will delete just about anything you ever encounter that is susceptible to Status.

if i were to suggest some Stats to seek, i would suggest Multi-Shot, Damage, and either Crit Chance or Crit Damage. probably Crit Chance.
going a route like that, i guarantee you will not be disappointed with the performance Phage has to offer you. it's a wildly unique Hybrid Weapon that almost no other Weapon could possibly hope to compete with in the same way (as in, by doing Damage in the same fashion that Phage does).

status chance is okay for phage for uncapped DoT procs, which is basically electricity (because of the primed mod and aoe effect). a standard build for phage is indeed based on viral+elec and extra status chance is easily translatable to more damage

the riven is technically slottable, because it has two slottable bonuses (something you'd want slot using standard mods), and even tho it lacks a negative, the disposition is very high so the bonuses are workable, but it's still bad

as a general rule, a slottable riven needs to have at least two slottable bonuses and a free negative

rolling rivens should only be done by experienced players who are familiar with all the weapons, who know what they are going for, and for what purpose

if your goal here is to profit from the riven then phage is not popular enough to justify rolling it. a riven for an unpopular weapon like that is usually best sold "unrolled" to make the selling process quicker.

if its for your own use then its worth rerolling to try for better stats. its important for a riven to have a harmless negative so its other stats are better. the ammo maximum could also be a much better stat.

hace 1 hora, fiye dijo:

if its for your own use then its worth rerolling to try for better stats. its important for a riven to have a harmless negative so its other stats are better. the ammo maximum could also be a much better stat.

Yeah its for me, i kinda actually enjoyed the phage just wondering if its useful on high level missions  Sorties, arbitrations, etc.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)BRUHck Obama said:

Yeah its for me, i kinda actually enjoyed the phage just wondering if its useful on high level missions  Sorties, arbitrations, etc.

im not sure tbh, i dont have much experience with it. LeyzarGamingViews is a good youtube channel to see a specific gun in action and get an initial idea for modding it.

9 hours ago, taiiat said:

the Status Chance is superfluous for Phage, it already has a great Status rate.
Crit Damage is good.

whether it's worth rolling a Riven or not depends on how much you like the Weapon. Phage is a capable Weapon, up to you to decide if you like it or not.

Having a great base status rate means that status chance mods are even better. It's the low status chance weapons where you should just ignore the stat.

Archived