Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have an option to auto kick Limbos or dont play with them?

Gasau

I agree. But I also want some more buttons, for that saryn that stole all my kills that day, for that mesa that keeps killing outside range in Deimos bounties... oh wait she was actually helpful.. nvm that, and a slow nova in defense, that inaros who put roar on him and started thinking he's relevant now, also the shield of shadows nekros cause he makes me waste bullets on friendly enemies, and that mirage with bramma, also that vauban with a mini sun, that wukong and his stupid clone in eidolon hunt, that oberon who farms weeds in all missions, that trinity cause I hate her lobster butt, that loki who stun locks enemies 50m away by spamming disarm, that ivara who rolls to extraction, that mag who won't let me shoot what I want to shoot, that frost with a massive globe, that chroma who disrespecc warframe fashion, kick him fast, he doesn't play endgame at all, that excaibur trying to be like polnareff and cut between nothingness and nothingness, that gara with a yellow wall, that grendel cause he doesn't belong in a game abount ninjas... ya, I think I'm gonna need at least 50 buttons. Pwetty please DE?

Public games are public, everyone there going with what they wish to use for the mission. Recruiting chat is exists for this specific reason "I know sometimes nobody there to help" but forcing others to play the way you play is not acceptable. Punishing a frame and a player because of using abilities is silly. They do what they do because it is available to do. You can't expect the others will use only weapons. The reason why people plays is using abilities and weapons combined. While I agree there are players whom using abilities for trolling the others but many just use because want to use an ability and not calculated with it is speed up or slow down the progress for others. Filters for prematch highly reduce the option to find groups and kicking options are only good for abuse. 

• 4 weeks later...

Limbo Has a mod, that he has to find, that limits his range.

Other wise Limbo Bubble can be HUGE.  And then there is the Faze in/out thing, where it takes EVERYONE with him.

Would really like a ?(Signal on top) that shows Im in Limbo.  In a fast match with lots of noise, Im NOT looking for the changes and not hearing the Faze sound.

A good limbo isnt easy to build, esp without that Mod, or 2-3 of them.  It decrease range and increase duration.

i never had problems with limbos. what you call "trolling" is some sort of fun. i even done it myself but its boring to quick. and i like to support my mates or do most damage in groups anyway.

and warframe is so good epic game. i cant care about limbos or what ever. i find new group far to quick.

problem is your play style and not limbos!

btw. how fast do you get good group from chat? its not even few seconds most of the time!!!

There are 3 options that allow you to play a game without a random Limbo in your party.

1: Solo.

2: Invite only.

3: Friends only.

When easy alternatives exist, the problem is only there because people want it to be.

If people insist on playing in public groups they'll keep meeting up with frames they don't enjoy playing alongside.

It's curious that Limbo is still such a polarising (pun half-intended) frame for people to squad up with.

I came back to the game this summer after fives years or so. The tweaks to his abilities are a huge improvement on before, where at one point, if memory serves, you could Banish other players with no way of them exiting the Rift until the ability ended or Limbo re-cast.

That being said, I still don't particularly enjoy either playing as Limbo, or with Limbo. Placing unbreachable barriers between another player and stuff they're trying to shoot is generally not a great way to win their heart, and the few Limbo players I meet in public matches do seem to breed such animosity. I recently did an Arbitration defense in which one such player insisted on using Cataclysm, meaning none of us could shoot down the Arbi drones.

Adding such a toggle as OP suggested is not really necessary in my opinion. It is quite rare these days that I encounter Limbo in any content.

On 2020-09-16 at 12:44 PM, Gasau said:

Yes and if you homeless just buy a house. What a next level advice. I never think about it.

How about not forcing the majority of players to do something because of the minority?

Maybe limbo need looking for a groups? If you like to annoy people so much?

Solve the problem instead of making others dance around the problem. Crazy right?

Man your focusing on wrong thing instead of alienating rest of the limbo main because there are 2 annoying people there should be a report button for being toxic 

5 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

i never had problems with limbos. what you call "trolling" is some sort of fun. i even done it myself but its boring to quick. and i like to support my mates or do most damage in groups anyway.

Oh it's better than that. Based on what the original post said it looks like the Limbos were doing everything right. 

On 2020-09-16 at 4:32 AM, Gasau said:

Right now I was playing with two Limbo trolls on a sortie 

they somehow set up their breaks so I couldn't kill anyone. They constantly mocked and laughed that I could not report them for using skills. Very cool.

Pure gameplay sabotage. And of course no one will ban them.

No resources, no reputation. 

Because of the two limbo trolls.

Based on when it was posted, it looked like the mission was probably a mobile defence.

OP said they weren't getting kills and resources, but also didn't complain about failing the mission.The two Limbos were also coordinating their abilities to prevent it from going down, which only makes sense if they were defending a single objective. OP also said that they pointed out that they were just using their abilities and that's not a reportable offence. 

So realistically, it looks like the OP was ranting about people not doing what he wanted them to do, when what they were doing was highly efficient. In other words, the OP does not have the first clue about the game we play. 

Not a limbo main here, but i use him quite often, i'm a solo player!

The problem is never technology, is the way we use it!

Yesterday (10/12) i was doing public sortie defense mission in kuva fortress, i use banish in operative and remove his weapon, and then accompany him to a map corner (AI is really ....) while the rest of the team destroy everything in the map, a protea tenno comes sometimes to give overshields, i dont even enter rift myself!

That's the way Limbo is played in public!!! Not giant bubble, not sending people to the rift ramdonly!!! Problem is trolls, not Limbo!!!

Sorry about my english, i'm spanish!

7 hours ago, (PS4)Pumukyy85 said:

Problem is trolls, not Limbo!!!

Sorry about my english, i'm spanish!

On this particular thread the problem was, the OP not understanding what the other players were doing and decided to demand that they play the way he wanted or be reported, when they laughed at him and told him that they were just using their abilities, he decided that they were trolls. 

No evidence of actual trolling has been shown.

On 2020-09-16 at 3:32 AM, Gasau said:

We have a similar function in game. For example, I don't want to hear the horrible musical tastes of Octavia players and i can turn it off in the options. 

Can we have same option for Limbo players pretty please?

for example - "(a tick) I don't want to play with libmo in options." -  And the game dont let join Limbo in my group or I won't join the Limbo group.

Right now I was playing with two Limbo trolls on a sortie 

they somehow set up their breaks so I couldn't kill anyone. They constantly mocked and laughed that I could not report them for using skills. Very cool.

Pure gameplay sabotage. And of course no one will ban them.

No resources, no reputation. 

Because of the two limbo trolls.

I'd rather DE's support team take trolls seriously instead of having to implement an option like this (which we all want, but will likely kill the game).

OP, for your initial post, if you are incapable of adapting around Limbo, then I recommend playing a different game. Farm simulator perhaps.  There is nothing there save microtransactions that should stop you having fun. 

Limbo requires 1 button to get around him.  Use your head a little.

13 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I'd rather DE's support team take trolls seriously instead of having to implement an option like this (which we all want, but will likely kill the game).

You mean like the OP? The limbos were probably playing mobile def in the match the OP complained about (that was one of the missions that day). The mission is to defend the consoles and proceed with the sortie. They were probably doing that, working in concert to keep them safe at all times. Then the OP started to complain and threaten to report them at which point they apparently laughed at him and said that they were just using their abilities. 

It boiled down to the OP not knowing how the game is played, and threatening to report people for not doing what he wants them to do. The OP, and people like them, are why we should never get a vote to kick option. 

35 minutes ago, Formous said:

OP, for your initial post, if you are incapable of adapting around Limbo, then I recommend playing a different game. Farm simulator perhaps.  There is nothing there save microtransactions that should stop you having fun. 

Limbo requires 1 button to get around him.  Use your head a little.

Read it again, more carefully. The limbos weren't trolling. They were probably working to keep the bubbles up, not banishing the OP. The OP didn't mention it, but there was a mobile defence mission in the sortie that day. Cata-stasis is a really effective way to protect the consoles while the timer runs down. That's probably why they laughed at him stamping his little foot and demanding that they stop or be reported. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Read it again, more carefully. The limbos weren't trolling. They were probably working to keep the bubbles up, not banishing the OP. The OP didn't mention it, but there was a mobile defence mission in the sortie that day. Cata-stasis is a really effective way to protect the consoles while the timer runs down. That's probably why they laughed at him stamping his little foot and demanding that they stop or be reported. 

Well sure I know this about Limbo myself.  I probably should have read more and seen the mobile defense objective but that does not change how childish and inept OP was acting.  Limbo can be damn annoying for me on Titania. So?  I learn to fly in and out of the bubble and attack the rims with my melee and use it like a whipping post. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You mean like the OP? The limbos were probably playing mobile def in the match the OP complained about (that was one of the missions that day). The mission is to defend the consoles and proceed with the sortie. They were probably doing that, working in concert to keep them safe at all times. Then the OP started to complain and threaten to report them at which point they apparently laughed at him and said that they were just using their abilities. 

It boiled down to the OP not knowing how the game is played, and threatening to report people for not doing what he wants them to do. The OP, and people like them, are why we should never get a vote to kick option. 

They should've told him that instead of laughing - the dude clearly didn't want to get banished. It'd have been better if they just didn't banished him, and instead, let him be. They knew what they were doing, and they knew they were upsetting him, yet they still did it and laughed while doing so.

Nobody's going to be pissed not being banished by a Limbo, but just about everybody gets pissed being banished by a Limbo without your consent. Especially repeatedly so when the dude clearly asked them not to. It's not like he can ruin a mobile defense by attracting enemy fire. And I doubt he'd die if he's doing Sorties (they're just as easy as anything in the game). Limbo is a really intruding frame, and even more-so in the hands of people who lack self-control.

5 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

They should've told him that instead of laughing - the dude clearly didn't want to get banished. It'd have been better if they just didn't banished him, and instead, let him be. They knew what they were doing, and they knew they were upsetting him, yet they still did it and laughed while doing so.

Nobody's going to be pissed not being banished by a Limbo, but just about everybody gets pissed being banished by a Limbo without your consent. Especially repeatedly so when the dude clearly asked them not to. It's not like he can ruin a mobile defense by attracting enemy fire. And I doubt he'd die if he's doing Sorties (they're just as easy as anything in the game). Limbo is a really intruding frame, and even more-so in the hands of people who lack self-control.

They obviously did he literally said that they told him that they were just using their powers as intended. And again, read it carefully, because they probably weren't banishing him. They were probably using the cata-stasis bubbles. That's how they would have worked together, to keep them up, exactly as the OP described. It's nobody else's fault he doesn't know how to play. Playing sensibly isn't trolling. Trying to report people for playing sensibly (and not trolling), but just not obeying some n00b's demands either, on the other hand..... that's something that needs to be taken seriously.

8 hours ago, Formous said:

Well sure I know this about Limbo myself.  I probably should have read more and seen the mobile defense objective but that does not change how childish and inept OP was acting.  Limbo can be damn annoying for me on Titania. So?  I learn to fly in and out of the bubble and attack the rims with my melee and use it like a whipping post. 

Yup. The difference is that the OP doesn't understand, and doesn't want to understand what's going on. He just wants to be able to dictate how others play.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They obviously did he literally said that they told him that they were just using their powers as intended. And again, read it carefully, because they probably weren't banishing him. They were probably using the cata-stasis bubbles. That's how they would have worked together, to keep them up, exactly as the OP described. It's nobody else's fault he doesn't know how to play. Playing sensibly isn't trolling. Trying to report people for playing sensibly (and not trolling), but just not obeying some n00b's demands either, on the other hand..... that's something that needs to be taken seriously.

Yup. The difference is that the OP doesn't understand, and doesn't want to understand what's going on. He just wants to be able to dictate how others play.

Ok I re-read it and you're exactly correct. Ugh, I can't stand players like OP who try and dictate how others play games and then go publicly behind their backs and make them seem like the bad guy. I feel like a #*!%ing idiot for being fooled by such toxicity. Thanks for clearing things up for me.

As for you OP -- please stop. This isn't how you handle your anger. There are much healthier ways, but this ain't it chief.

Archived