Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have an option to auto kick Limbos or dont play with them?

Gasau

48 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Ok I re-read it and you're exactly correct. Ugh, I can't stand players like OP who try and dictate how others play games and then go publicly behind their backs and make them seem like the bad guy. I feel like a #*!%ing idiot for being fooled by such toxicity. Thanks for clearing things up for me.

As for you OP -- please stop. This isn't how you handle your anger. There are much healthier ways, but this ain't it chief.

Don't sweat it. OP used a bunch of trigger words to make it seem like the limbos were doing something wrong. Any reasonable player is going to dislike the trolls in the game, and we know that Limbo can be annoying when used for trolling, or even when just used wrong. 

But it looks like he was really just riding the same ridiculous Limbo-hate-train that so many other people love to ride. Probably because being a wannabe edgelord who blames others for their failings is easier to do, than git gud. 

On 2020-09-16 at 1:32 AM, Gasau said:

We have a similar function in game. For example, I don't want to hear the horrible musical tastes of Octavia players and i can turn it off in the options. 

Can we have same option for Limbo players pretty please?

for example - "(a tick) I don't want to play with libmo in options." -  And the game dont let join Limbo in my group or I won't join the Limbo group.

No.Right now I was playing with two Limbo trolls on a sortie 

they somehow set up their breaks so I couldn't kill anyone. They constantly mocked and laughed that I could not report them for using skills. Very cool.

Pure gameplay sabotage. And of course no one will ban them.

No resources, no reputation. 

Because of the two limbo trolls.

No. 
No because it creates the slippery slope: "Can we have an option to auto kick [insert frame/weapon/sentinel/amp/pet/focus school etc. etc. etc.] or don't play with them?"

And that would not be good for the game in any way.

On 2020-10-14 at 8:29 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Don't sweat it. OP used a bunch of trigger words to make it seem like the limbos were doing something wrong. Any reasonable player is going to dislike the trolls in the game, and we know that Limbo can be annoying when used for trolling, or even when just used wrong. 

But it looks like he was really just riding the same ridiculous Limbo-hate-train that so many other people love to ride. Probably because being a wannabe edgelord who blames others for their failings is easier to do, than git gud. 

Try not to accuse and go on that rant, no matter how much someone annoys you. I've been working on that lately, and it's always the better way.

8 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Try not to accuse and go on that rant, no matter how much someone annoys you. I've been working on that lately, and it's always the better way.

It's not, when it's true. Like I said, if you pay close attention to what's going on, you can see that the facts bear out the conclusion. The OP claimed that people were using Limbo for trolling, but the details show that they were just playing the game, efficiently, as intended.

Rather than disable limbos from joining how about we'd... Actually rework Limboss...limbo, cause it's quite toxic for the game in general?

Rather than full immunity, what if her field just added some insane buffs/debuffs for allies/enemies inside? 

I get that limbo is unique and (some) people like it (especially limbo mains), but because of it devs add more and more ridiculous gates or immunities, because they can't work around "press 4 and 2 for nobrainer infested/grineer godmode" and they don't even bother to go too indepth of an issue and instead just throw 'everything immunity whatever' and call it a day.

2 hours ago, deothor said:

Rather than disable limbos from joining how about we'd... Actually rework Limboss...limbo, cause it's quite toxic for the game in general?

Rather than full immunity, what if her field just added some insane buffs/debuffs for allies/enemies inside? 

I get that limbo is unique and (some) people like it (especially limbo mains), but because of it devs add more and more ridiculous gates or immunities, because they can't work around "press 4 and 2 for nobrainer infested/grineer godmode" and they don't even bother to go too indepth of an issue and instead just throw 'everything immunity whatever' and call it a day.

Go back to the first post and read it carefully. It doesn't actually describe any trolling. That day there was a mobile defense mission in the sortie. The Limbos are described as working together, presumably to keep cata-stasis on the consoles. The OP was pissed because he didn't get a lot of kills, but the primary objective of mobile def is to protect the consoles as the timer runs down. The OP seemingly wanted them to stop using their abilities, and threatened to report them. They responded telling him that they were using their abilities exactly as intended.

This is exactly what happens when people don't know how to play, get salty because they don't know any better, and start blaming others for their own shortcomings. There's a lot of hate for Limbo, but really he's a good frame, with good, if niche, uses. Ask yourself what a Limbo can actually do that's trollish. Banish you? You can just roll out of it. Banish an enemy and prolong a match? You can usually still kill with your abilities, or your operator. 

I can think of only one thing that they can do, that you can't really counter with ease.

11 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's not, when it's true. Like I said, if you pay close attention to what's going on, you can see that the facts bear out the conclusion. The OP claimed that people were using Limbo for trolling, but the details show that they were just playing the game, efficiently, as intended.

No, I was talking about the last part of your post where your anger clearly took over -- the part I bolded. I'm well aware of what OP was doing -- you've told me plenty of times and I can see it for myself.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

No, I was talking about the last part of your post where your anger clearly took over -- the part I bolded. I'm well aware of what OP was doing -- you've told me plenty of times and I can see it for myself.

LOL, no Tenno that's not what anger looks like. It's scorn for the people who think that they deserve to be the best player on every team, without ever learning to adapt to the situation they're in.

It's the same with the people who hate on Saryn because she can get 90% of the kills on a single map type. What they don't realize is that they are playing with someone who has minmaxed a frame to do a specific job well, and spent enough time learning to use it, while they're standing there with unranked, low tier gear. Nerfing Saryn won't make them play any better. And someone with a well built equinox, volt, or protea will still easily out kill them. A smart player would accept that someone else is doing the work and just run around collecting drops and staying in affinity range. A good player would adapt to the situation, and work with the Saryn to help keep the spores up so that everyone can benefit. Or at least take it as a challenge to see if they can't make it a little less of a one horse race. It's not easy to keep up with a minmaxer who knows what they're doing but there's nothing stopping you from at least trying to rise to the occasion. 

But let's face it, many people who make spurious complaints, get spoon-fed their opinions by the content creators who know that hyperbolic "edge" and clickbait makes the view count go up. And they parrot the same nonsense verbatim as fact, to others who also echo the sentiments without questioning whether it's really true. That's what's going on here. It's an attempt to join the pile-on because they know that there's going to be support for it. 🤷‍♂️

Like I said above, ask yourself if a Limbo can actually troll you in this game, if you have any knowledge about how to play the game. There aren't many ways that they could really do that. 

If you're joining a match, you could always leave. I'm leveling limbo prime the day I got him and 2 minutes in a defense mission while also working on a riven, two guys join MY match (forgot to select solo play) and start throwing a fit with me for using limbo. Nothing was stopping them from leaving and finding another defense mission, but they CHOSE to stay and give me a hard time.

1 hour ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Ehhhhhhh no. They add those gates because of the many frames just like Limbo who can turn off the game. 

That's the thing, though. Limbo's the first and major reason. Others mess the system aswell but on much much smaller scale. Either way it's all this "afk-abilities" that are in the way.

Archived