Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Activities - Mini Defense

Vyra

Well after a many times of Fishing and Mining i became really bored of doing so.
But then it is needed to do so to get materials. But as i read the forums many people are annoyed by that fact.

So here is an idea to make this more interesting:
(we can keep mining and fishing as it is BUt we could add something optional to it:)

MINING: A Craftable Excavator (GearWheel Item) - can be deployed on any OpenWorld map, once it is deployed you have to go near it and press (x)(activate).
Once activated Mobs will come and try to destroy it, after 2-5 minutes it will complete and you get X-Amount of resources based on the map your are.
( like GEMS, Minerals, Ores and some other stuff that can be found by smashing plants etc.) ( on destruction it looses some hp and has to be repaired in the orbiter, you gain all resources it digged for so far )

Fishing: Kavat/Kubrow Flute (GearWheel Item), Going near a Lake/Pond and activating the Flute will make your Kavat/Kubrow hunt for Fishes.
You have Mobs spawning, attacking your Companion, so defend it, is the Companion goes below 30% HP the Mission will be interrupted.
( you keep the fishes you got so far ) (On Completion you get a Bonus Fish additional to all fishes your Pet has caught.)

So far so good, this would make getting materials more interesting AND we get to shoot things instead of just sitting around.
Also it will add more depth into the companion system.

As for Mining, there is not really much to do to add it since we already have this system, just need to add it for mining =)

42 minutes ago, Vyra said:

You have Mobs spawning, attacking your Companion, so defend it, is the Companion goes below 30% HP the Mission will be interrupted.

This seems like an odd rule. If a fluke high damage attack hits your pet you have to start again? I’d suggest removing it. I do like the idea of pets helping us fish.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This seems like an odd rule. If a fluke high damage attack hits your pet you have to start again? I’d suggest removing it. I do like the idea of pets helping us fish.

I wanted to have something similar to excavations/thumpers, but we can not repair pets so i thought 30% is the limit where we "save" our pet from being in danger?!
Or how else could this be solved?

4 minutes ago, Vyra said:

I wanted to have something similar to excavations/thumpers, but we can not repair pets so i thought 30% is the limit where we "save" our pet from being in danger?!
Or how else could this be solved?

We can ‘repair’ both excavators and pets.

Automating the function should take a high mod load Precept like the Botanist precept and that must be obtained from a given faction, for its given area. So Fortuna Animals can't be hunted with Precepts from the Drift, etc.

The Precepts also make the companion free wander, so if you don't keep an eye on them, they will die and you stop getting resources. 

I bet everyone would still want to deploy Djinn and let him respawn so they wouldn't have to worry about him. They could make it so that the mod conflicts with Augments...but I could see that getting annoying too.

Archived