Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Revisit?

Clarencezer

This has been probably asked before or already have been touched on before maybe...but I'd like to see New changes to the lanka one day.

Mostly changes like:

-New weapon skin so it stands out as a unique corpus weapon other than looking like a snipetron or snipetron vandal,something to justify it's railgun power.

-Ability to change charge laser color,just like the dera weapon was able to,more customization is always nice~

-Innate puncture maybe,i have inserted Shred mod into it and i'm loving the the ability to shoot through objects so far,especially those damn shield charging grineer but with innate puncture it would benefit us more to insert other mods in as well as feeling more like a railgun instead of a coilgun.

-Option like bows to fire uncharged shots,read this one from another lanka post and i think it would benefit alot for Lanka users~

This is probably a stupid question to ask but any ETA on the lanka being touched on again in the future?

-New weapon skin so it stands out as a unique corpus weapon other than looking like a snipetron or snipetron vandal,something to justify it's railgun power.

I believe the lanka is supposed to be the replacement of the snipetron which was removed due to it being not lore friendly (silly DE corpus don't shoot bullets). As you can't get the snipetron in the game any more I don't' think the model needs to be changed. As the game goes on less and less people in total will have either the snipetron or snipetron vandal.

Initial puncture would be nice, but on the other side Lanka is already very powerful. Maybe with Armor 2.0 things would change a bit. As Scott said in livestream, adjustments would be required to some weapons. However, with lower damage it sounds fair to implement initial puncture for it.

Maybe even auto charge function. But then again, I have to agree with a person, who posted in my charge issue thread that easy use will attract each CoD kid, enough tk spoil fun use it. Just think of Soma ...

As for the look. I'm against changes. Lanka is supposed to be the way it is. Snipetron is actually out of place.

DE could simply change damage type of Snipetron to serated blade, as kind of uncharged version of Corpus rifle and Lanka as charged more powerful weapon.

In this case nothing wrong would be with it looks and could be implemented as Clan tech mastery level 4 as Sniper rifle for beginners, since new Tenno Sniper will probably have high mastery requirements.

Lanka > Coilgun

Edited by Voidflow

Hmmm...I thought the Lanka did have innate puncture. I've managed to kill a maximum of two enemies with one shot. No shred mod was equipped. I've only managed to do it whenever I shoot smaller body parts like the head or the arms, never with the body.

Hmmm...I thought the Lanka did have innate puncture. I've managed to kill a maximum of two enemies with one shot. No shred mod was equipped. I've only managed to do it whenever I shoot smaller body parts like the head or the arms, never with the body.

Are you using Split Chamber? The two projectiles, despite traveling inside each other, can actually hit two separate targets. So that is why it sometimes behaves like you have puncture.

Heavy Caliber "helps" too as you will be able to almost-on-purpose-but-not-really miss a target with one of the projectiles and hit another enemy behind it.

Would be nice if they start with....y'know.....making it a real rail gun not a SLOW-moving-projectile-that-can-probably-be-deflected-by-someone-with- a-baseball-bat launching gun.

Right now it seems to be firing superheated plasma at a pretty decent speed, so I guess you would need some really really heavily armored baseball bats for that. Personally I am fine with its mechanics, the charge time, projectile speed and everything makes it what it is.

That is why I (and probably others) also want its model changed. In my opinion it needs some changes to reflect that it fires superheated plasma (or similar stuff), they do not have to be major, but currently the model looks like it still should fire bullets.

Are you using Split Chamber? The two projectiles, despite traveling inside each other, can actually hit two separate targets. So that is why it sometimes behaves like you have puncture.

Heavy Caliber "helps" too as you will be able to almost-on-purpose-but-not-really miss a target with one of the projectiles and hit another enemy behind it.

Yes I am. That's a must have on such a monster damage weapon. That might actually explain the puncture I'm seeing. 

And also, a railgun needs to have massive recoil. I mean MASSIVE. But DE, don't listen to me.

Please, don't.

A unique skin as well as energy trail like that of the railgun Moa would be nice.

Argh yes i'd like a different energy projectile at least if we can't have a new lanka skin,I was hoping at least they would patch the energy color as well in the mean time like they did to the dera projectiles so it would fit the theme of our weaponry with what ever laser color we wanted!

But damn shooting a trail effect like the moa....sweet geezus.

My first impressions of this weapon:

* POWER! UNLIIMITED POWER!! ... Not really. But it packs a serious punch.

* Why does this weapon not have any polarities? It costs a whole mountain of resources to research this thing, then you have to build it (which takes 6 days), oh, and it's also requires mastery rank 7 making it the highest tier of weapon in the game. Kind of a slap in the face to not have ANY polarity slots.

* Why are the projectiles not instant? From the sound it sure seems like it's firing the same thing as the Railgun MOAs. Is this purely a balance measure against its striking power?

Edited by Momaw

Is it just me or is the Lanka a little screwed up. It seems like the point of view is somewhere off to the side of the actual gun. So the bolt will parallel your line of aim, but it won't follow it. End result: the bolt can hit stuff that you are clearly missing as you aim off to the side of them.

It's rather annoying because it does this while scoped as well.

warframe-lankaderp.png

Edited by Momaw