Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

non sniper Eidolon weapon

TheLiftedLifter

You can also try the Buzlok. You can fire at the Synovias while repositioning yourself.

Also if you want, you can try and use the Odonata's Energy Shell (1). Many people are unaware that the ability is the Heat equivalent to Volt's Electric Shield, which boosts Heat and Critical Damage for attacks that pass through the shield.

The Buzzlok is considered to be the Alternative to Sniper Rifles...

Also what you can or can't use is going to depend on your Warframe.

For Example.... Ivara's Navigator allows her to use all kinds of Projectiles to deal damage... The Glaive Prime being one of the more Effective methods.

I was initially going to suggest the Velocitus but that's still just a Sniper Rifle with a different set of Rules.

Oh BTW here's a Buzzlok Video.

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Also what you can or can't use is going to depend on your Warframe.

Im currently using Trinity Prime for them. But I also have Saryn prime (does he 3 help with Eidolons at all?) Volt (probably going to forma him next, I love his 4) Octavia, Mesa, Wisp, Nova, Rhino, Ember, and Wukong. But im assuming most of them dont really help much in Eidolons right?

30 minutes ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Are there any good non sniper Eidolon weapons? Im almost done crafting my 3/2/3 and really enjoy killing Eidolons, but I dislike sniper game play. Im MR9 and will get ten today as long as I dont fail the mission. 

I generally hate sniper rifles, but Rubico with the zoom augment is awesome for the damage. You can also disable the sniper scope visual in your options, so it's far less annoying to use them.

2 minutes ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Im currently using Trinity Prime for them. But I also have Saryn prime (does he 3 help with Eidolons at all?) Volt (probably going to forma him next, I love his 4) Octavia, Mesa, Wisp, Nova, Rhino, Ember, and Wukong. But im assuming most of them dont really help much in Eidolons right?

Are you soloing or running with a squad?  If solo Oberon seems to be the most versatile.  His Smite Infusion aug can add a lot of radiation damage to your shots, so weapons like the Chakkur (sp?) Euphona P, Redeemer P, Opticor, as well as other mentioned here will all work well.  Plus he can keep the lures alive.  Not as well as Trinity, but still good enough to solo tri-cap.

Though with the new helminth system one could put rhino's roar or oberon's smite on Trinity and get a pretty great solo frame.

Of those you listed Trinity, Rhino and Volt are the most commonly used.  I think people use Wisp as support as well, but I've never tried it

3 minutes ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Saryns 3 is corrosive so no, but Oberons 1 augment, Octavia for a buffer, Wisp is supposed to be able to heal lures but I tried her and it was finicky, but Wisp is also a buffer for your limb breakers, Rhino is meta for Roar, and idk about wukong.

This is more for actual group setups though where things are planned out.

And on a larger note, really any frame can be used, but this takes experience and a good group in theory. The Operator and your focus school are what break the shield (they do use volts shield though) so the frame doesn't matter for this specific action....and yes....your frame is used to break the limbs. It's just like any other mission: What frames are going to buff your damage? Anything that buffs weapon damage is fine for breaking limbs.

The reason Volt and Trinity are meta is just because it's easier. You can always plop a volt shield down and every operator on your team can use it. Any Trinity can hit Blessing and you never have to repeatedly go get new lures and charge them because they die.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The Operator and your focus school are what break the shield

I have been working on zenurik right now (just got rank 3 of the mana regen dash) is there another school I should be working on? I was thinking of getting the operator energy regen and max energy next.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

Saryns 3 is corrosive so no, but Oberons 1 augment, Octavia for a buffer, Wisp is supposed to be able to heal lures but I tried her and it was finicky, but Wisp is also a buffer for your limb breakers, Rhino is meta for Roar, and idk about wukong.

This is more for actual group setups though where things are planned out.

And on a larger note, really any frame can be used, but this takes experience and a good group in theory. The Operator and your focus school are what break the shield (they do use volts shield though) so the frame doesn't matter for this specific action....and yes....your frame is used to break the limbs. It's just like any other mission: What frames are going to buff your damage? Anything that buffs weapon damage is fine for breaking limbs.

The reason Volt and Trinity are meta is just because it's easier. You can always plop a volt shield down and every operator on your team can use it. Any Trinity can hit Blessing and you never have to repeatedly go get new lures and charge them because they die.

What saryn’s 3 is toxin

6 minutes ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

I have been working on zenurik right now (just got rank 3 of the mana regen dash) is there another school I should be working on? I was thinking of getting the operator energy regen and max energy next.

Madurai. Get the node void strike

1 minute ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Of course yes Madurai for Void Strike. While in Void Mode (which you're in a lot to avoid damage while invisible) you get 8 shots (max Void Strike). While in Void mode, those 8 shots build in damage for every second you're in void mode. This is how people end up eventually 1 or 2 shotting the eidolons shield. 

The other way is Unairu Wisp, you hit the eidolon with a Void Blast and a little Wisp falls on the ground and you pick it up for an extra 100% damage. The wisp looks like a little icon on the ground, with practice it's easy to see and identify.

8 minutes ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Right now i'm just doing the single Eidolon in the public queue to grind out rep, but ideally I want to solo them.

You might check your foundry to see if you've got the parts to build Oberon.  I think they drop from Eximus units so he's the kind of frame you passively get just by playing the game.  When I first started eidolons that was who I usually solo'd with and it got even better when his augment was released. 

The first eidolon you can run pretty much any frame as it takes quite a bit for the teralyst to kill the lures.  Second and third will rip through the lures really fast, so you really need a frame that can keep them alive at that point.

A bit of advice:  use the catchmoon to deal with the vomvolysts.  It's high damage and wide beam is much more effective at "ghosting" them than any of the amps, at which point you switch to operator to finish them off.  It will save you quite a bit of time

19 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

A bit of advice:  use the catchmoon to deal with the vomvolysts.  It's high damage and wide beam is much more effective at "ghosting" them than any of the amps, at which point you switch to operator to finish them off.  It will save you quite a bit of time

Shwaak alt-fire works pretty well for nuking them in a group also.

2 minutes ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Oh man, WTF is a kitgun? every time I think im starting to get a grasp on what I need to do something else pops up. So catchmoon is a secondary gun I can craft with rep?

Yeah, at Fortuna.  I'm sure there are others that would work without the rep grind though... Atomos built for rad might work well and can be gotten early (MR5, I think)

As HoustonDragon said the shwaak is pretty good at dealing with them, I just personally find a strong secondary to be more consistent.  But it sounds like you just built a 323, and shwaak would be a 2xx.  I can't remember what the alt-fire of a 32x would be, but it might work pretty well.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, it was just a suggestion to cut down on the time it takes to clear and keep the vomvolysts from recharging the shield.  Eidolons, especially all the gear and focus needed, can be quite daunting.  Probably the biggest challenge in the game for that reason.  Once you get to the point where taking the teralyst down is second-nature and you're wanting to move to the next eidolon that's when you need to start optimizing your runs, since there is that 48min time limit.

2 hours ago, TheLiftedLifter said:

Let's see.... Uhm

Trinity is most effective with The Lures.... However using the Velocitus I was able to steel Bolt's thunder by Shooting through his Shield when he wasn't looking.

Saryn's Toxic Lash definitely does something... But unless you enjoy that Warframe more than anything else in the world I would suggest skipping her 

Octavia has her Amp and Metronome.... Definitely Battle Tested for Eidolons.

Mesa has Shooting Gallery and Ballistic Battery... Its better than nothing.

Wisp could work nicely with the Buzlok using Haste Motes

Nova can only offer Antimatter Drop I think.

Rhino has Roar... Fairly Straight Forward.

Ember can use the Same trick as Oberon's Smite Infusion and Bolt's Shock Trooper....I don't remember what Augments' name was.

And Wukong can Provide some much needed comic relief... The hunts have tendency to get too serious sometimes and alil Monkeying Around helps lighten the mood 😝....

Archived