Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

non sniper Eidolon weapon

TheLiftedLifter

(Only hit-scans weapons are good for eidolon)

Best weapons for eidolon are snipers

Second bests are Secondaries (Twin Grakatas, Kuva Kraken/Pandero with secondary fire)

Third I would put gunblades if it wasn't for the S#&$ low range they have right now, sarpa still has a good range, but never tried. Maybe sarpa with Sacrificial Mods builded for Heavy Attacks and maybe with a Riven get the job done.

Least are archgun, some have good stats, BUT they have trash mods except for elemental, no vaible offensive arcanes (avenger is not consistent for good runs), Vigorous Swap it is pretty difficult to use with it too, so you can't get that 165% bonus damage too, can't be buffed with elemental buffs like volt, don't get the Buff from vigilant armaments. All these make them the worst weapon type for eidolon hunt. If at least Velocitus were not projectile, but it is.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There are tons of 6x3 videos with Tons of weapons, but people use a lot of buffs combined to do the job with them. And playing in a good group that know to oneshot eidolons shield makes a lot of difference when you are not using a sniper, even in not experienced group, snipers are much easier to be played.

Big youtubers that are not eidolon hunters are bad at eidolon and their opnion on what is good or not doesn't matter, like Leyzar

-------------------------------------------------------------

Snipers have combo counter that increase they damage.

So get a Rubico with

187 base damage X 3.5x of Combo counter = 654.5 that has a 3.0x critical damage that with Vital Sense plus the 0.5x Scope buff will be 8.1x X 654.5 => 5301.45 and it gets around 2 or 3 shots with multishots mods  5301.45 X (2 or 3) => 10,602.9 OR 15904.35. Then it also has elemental mods and damage mods. This is why it is pretty difficult to find good weapons beside snipers for eidolon hunt.

1. Necramech’s Guard Mode.
  2. Kuva Chakkrur.
  3. Trumna (Needs Damage buff helminth builds)
  4. Kuva Bramma.
  5. Kuva Nukor.
  6. Velocitus
  7. Mausolon
  8. Kuva Ayanga
  9. Euphona Prime
  10. Redeemer Prime 
  11. Stropha
  12. Corinth/Corinth Prime

Basically if a gun os hitscan and over 30% Crit Chance and more than 100 base damage, it may be Eidolon Viable

Might Just depend on what weapons you have good Rivens for.

Spoiler

I have a Vasto P with:

• 6.2k rad damage/shot
  • 63% crit
  • 5x multiplier
  • 8.6 fire rate w/ 1.0 reload

A Latron Wraith with:

• Double Tap (sniper bonus, after 2 shots it's 500% damage output)
  • 1.7k rad damage/shot (8.6k/shot with double tap maxxed) (and 1k(5k) of mixed IPS)
  • 65% Crit
  • 7.8x multiplier
  • 5.4 fire rate w/ 2.4 reload

A Ferrox with:

• 9k rad damage/shot (2k mixed IPS)
  • 149% Crit
  • 6.2x multiplier
  • 0.26 Charge rate (I get about ~1.5 shots/second realistically)

Snipetron Vandal: (Riven is +CC, +CD, +Elec, -punc) AKA radiation beast

• 4.8k Rad/shot
  • 124% Crit
  • 7x multiplier
  • 2.0 fire rate w/ 2.0 reload

The TL;DR:

Rad +++, Cold +, Punc +, Impact (neutral)

• Ferrox w/ Riven: 370k burst dps (~70% rad, 20% punc)(++ avg)
  • Vasto Prime w/ Riven: 144k burst dps (99% Rad dmg)(+++ avg)
  • Snipetron w/ Riven: 82k burst dps (99% Rad dmg)(+++ avg)
  • Latron Wraith w/ Riven: 94k burst dps (43% Rad, 35% cold 15% punc)(++ avg)
  • Rubico Prime w/ no Riven: 117k burst dps (60% Rad dmg, 32% Impact)(++ avg)

It's really hard to tell which is BEST for eidolons, part of this is because when testing against lvl 165 bombards (same resistance stats as eidolons) my Ferrox/Snipetron consistently 1 shot them.  My Vasto P near consistently 2 shots them (sometimes they have like 5% hp left after 2nd shot but that's likely crit RNG). I've used my Vasto P on eidolons (the very few times I do them) and it does the job pretty easily.

Going by the warframe builder stats though, my ferrox looks like an absolute monster.  I should definitely try out Steel Path Ropalyst with it (same stats as eidolons) compared to snipetron/Vasto.  The short: If you have a good weapon with good riven for Eidolons it might be better than snipers.  Otherwise, Rubico is used for a reason.

16 minutes ago, zehne said:

Might Just depend on what weapons you have good Rivens for.

Hide contents

I have a Vasto P with:

• 6.2k rad damage/shot
  • 63% crit
  • 5x multiplier
  • 8.6 fire rate w/ 1.0 reload

A Latron Wraith with:

• Double Tap (sniper bonus, after 2 shots it's 500% damage output)
  • 1.7k rad damage/shot (8.6k/shot with double tap maxxed) (and 1k(5k) of mixed IPS)
  • 65% Crit
  • 7.8x multiplier
  • 5.4 fire rate w/ 2.4 reload

A Ferrox with:

• 9k rad damage/shot (2k mixed IPS)
  • 149% Crit
  • 6.2x multiplier
  • 0.26 Charge rate (I get about ~1.5 shots/second realistically)

Snipetron Vandal: (Riven is +CC, +CD, +Elec, -punc) AKA radiation beast

• 4.8k Rad/shot
  • 124% Crit
  • 7x multiplier
  • 2.0 fire rate w/ 2.0 reload

The TL;DR:

Rad +++, Cold +, Punc +, Impact (neutral)

• Ferrox w/ Riven: 370k burst dps (~70% rad, 20% punc)(++ avg)
  • Vasto Prime w/ Riven: 144k burst dps (99% Rad dmg)(+++ avg)
  • Snipetron w/ Riven: 82k burst dps (99% Rad dmg)(+++ avg)
  • Latron Wraith w/ Riven: 94k burst dps (43% Rad, 35% cold 15% punc)(++ avg)
  • Rubico Prime w/ no Riven: 117k burst dps (60% Rad dmg, 32% Impact)(++ avg)

It's really hard to tell which is BEST for eidolons, part of this is because when testing against lvl 165 bombards (same resistance stats as eidolons) my Ferrox/Snipetron consistently 1 shot them.  My Vasto P near consistently 2 shots them (sometimes they have like 5% hp left after 2nd shot but that's likely crit RNG). I've used my Vasto P on eidolons (the very few times I do them) and it does the job pretty easily.

Going by the warframe builder stats though, my ferrox looks like an absolute monster.  I should definitely try out Steel Path Ropalyst with it (same stats as eidolons) compared to snipetron/Vasto.  The short: If you have a good weapon with good riven for Eidolons it might be better than snipers.  Otherwise, Rubico is used for a reason.

When you compare anything to a sniper, you have to put the Combo counter from them into account.

Rubico is pretty easy to get to 3.5x combo. So for a weapon to do the same damage as Rubico Prime, it need to have 187 x 3.5 = 654.5 base damage OR dps damage, with a Crit Multiplier of 3.0x.

Archived