Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us An Option To Quit Kuva Lich

(PSN)Rocky_Rozae

You could just ignore the Lich missions for now and wait until you can properly take it out, or ask for some help in recruiting chat.
(side note: Rewards/ "Dragon's treasure" await for you when you kill it [which is really your own rewards that were looted and delayed for no reason and no benefits])

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

They added a hold to kill prompt and it's STILL happening? 

It's not like the system is explained. Mercy killings use the prompt and are a fun little animation, regular finishers use the prompt, chests use the prompt, consoles use the prompt. None of these are "bad".

How is someone supposed to know that one particular instance of the prompt creates a Lich that steals resources and makes your life harder, when prior to that it's completely innocuous?

Why should anyone fearfully question the prompt as if it's radioactive, when we're taught from the beginning that activating things is fine.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

They added a hold to kill prompt and it's STILL happening? 

Because to be honest it doesn't give a player who hasn't read up on or watched youtube videos of the system enough explanation to make an informed decision

You hear some dialogue from the queens guard thing, then you kill some grineer with a weapon above it's head, the weapon looks cool, do I get the weapon for killing it? Looks like it! Stab! 

And then you find you don't just get the weapon, you are stuck on this tedious grind with this thing as your nemesis stealing your stuff. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Rocky_Rozae said:

It’s very unfair that we are being forced to kill a Kuva Lich.  I started the mission and didn’t even know what it was. Now the Lich is taking over planets and taking my materials. The missions that he takes over are extremely difficult and high level.  We should have an option to quit! 

You have completed War Within, you are not new to this game. Those missions are no more difficult to you than a level 3 sortie (except with Level 5 Lich, then just slightly harder).

Here's the efficient way to get rid of it.

First, if you are having difficulty, do NOT stab the Lich, just farm murmurs until all mods are revealed.  

Farm the mods from the relics, you should have a few from the murmur farm (option to trade for the specific ones you need, they go cheap and some people may just be willing to do a 1-for-1 trade on the mods).

Once all 3 mods are known and you have them, it's a max 4 stabs to get rid of the Lich, if you're smart about it.

When you start a mission, it gives you an option to do a lich controlled version or just the standard version. The fact that your lich is taking over multiple planets means you've been actively doing those lich missions to piss him off even more. A level 1 lich is pretty harmless and doesn't steal that many materials from you. At that point, it's pretty much your own fault.

dj khaled GIF by Music Choice

at this point, the only way they could stop this happening would be to make the process insanely slow with multiple steps, something like:

> weapon appears as usual, player stabs

> text saying "warning! you are about to create a Lich, a powerful adversary who will take resources from you until you kill it! are you sure you wish to spawn this Lich?"

> "are you sure? the Lich will NOT disappear until it has been converted or vanquished!"

> type CONFIRM.

> usual Lich creation animation plays.

for me, and probably others, this would be kind of taking the pi$$, but if it prevents people getting a Lich they don't want, then go for it.

I kind of agree with this one and it should be possible to drop liches.

I was nowhere near ready for sortie level stuff when I completed war within myself. All you need to complete that one is basically to run a public match at mot after all. Then the quest itself is like lv20. The liches start at level 50 and trying to do them on public is not really going to work due to the spread out nodes. Which means going to try and find people to help through a public chat somewhere if someone isn't in a clan or with active friends.

Then unless someone does go and check the wiki its easy to make the mistake of stabbing the larvling as others have pointed out. Its also easy to stab the lich and actually expecting it to die rather than making it harder. Before long you're stuck with lv90 enemies and a lich that steals large amounts of loot across more than half the system. Then you have to grind to hell and back to not only reveal the requiem mods you need but also to get and open the relics. At least the liches don't steal the relics anymore.

So its easily possible to end up with a lich that is basically beyond your ability to kill and if someone is unwilling to go to public chats and go through the huge can of worms that are public groups they may well be stuck with that lich until they get their gear leveled and mods unlocked. 

So having a way of dropping a lich, even if severely limited, would help with those kinds of situations. Like allow one lich to be dropped per week/month at max or similar.

While I think there should be a way to buy your way out of the Lich, it's been months and it's not happened so it's probably never going to happen. One of the guys I play with thinks level 30 is "high level" and stays down on Saturn and below. Several weeks ago he got a lich playing with me and I had repeatedly told him, "Don't hit X on the larveling" and he did it anyway. I've told him, it will take us an evening or two to collect the mods needed and go kill him, "I'll put him down and you click X on him" and he doesn't want to do it. Oh well, at least he's over on Neptune or Pluto and isn't bothering him that much.

i think its absolutely hysterical and would be deeply deeply disappointed if this was changed. i LOVE seeing these posts.

if you made it that far into the game where a lich was even possible....there is no WAY this isnt 100% your own fault. pay attention to the game and what youre doing.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Rocky_Rozae said:

It’s very unfair that we are being forced to kill a Kuva Lich.  I started the mission and didn’t even know what it was. Now the Lich is taking over planets and taking my materials. The missions that he takes over are extremely difficult and high level.  We should have an option to quit! 

How do you accidentally start a lich? 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

It doesn't take long to kill your lich. Two hours tops. -_-

Yeah, once you get it down it should really be a pretty fast process, sometimes even quicker if you get lucky. 

But some players who have completed TWW find the higher level liches intimidating, and that is going to slow them down. 

Archived