Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us An Option To Quit Kuva Lich

(PSN)Rocky_Rozae

7 часов назад, S.Dust сказал:

How do you accidentally start a lich? 

I recently woke from cryosleep. Didn't know anything about leeches. I go into mission, some kuva guardian mumbles something incomprehensible, I wipe a random horde, stab some random dude left standing (didn't even see how he looks like). Then a wild lich appears.

Then again, liches turned out to be easy. I think I killed the last lvl5 one with a low power strength Titania (built for lantern) in a small room while drinking tea and picking nose.

11 минут назад, lnfine сказал:

stab some random dude left standing

15 часов назад, (PS4)Rocky_Rozae сказал:

I started the mission and didn’t even know what it was.

It's not a simple stab though but (since July 8th) a very unusual mercy attack requiring you to hold Q for a rather long time after seeing looted kuva out of nowhere; no other finisher requires holding a key, even on bosses. (On PC of course, not sure how it works on consoles). This alone should send you wikeing. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

dj khaled GIF by Music Choice

at this point, the only way they could stop this happening would be to make the process insanely slow with multiple steps, something like:

> weapon appears as usual, player stabs

> text saying "warning! you are about to create a Lich, a powerful adversary who will take resources from you until you kill it! are you sure you wish to spawn this Lich?"

> "are you sure? the Lich will NOT disappear until it has been converted or vanquished!"

> type CONFIRM.

> usual Lich creation animation plays.

for me, and probably others, this would be kind of taking the pi$$, but if it prevents people getting a Lich they don't want, then go for it.

Only for the first time would suffice.

We

16 hours ago, hugeblackdude said:

kinda weird how yall expect, at minimum, an mr8 to understand every facet of the game when the game itself doesnt explain it to us, he was clearly just curious, no need to bash him on that. Now if im wrong and hes mr12+, then yea going to the wiki should be first priority.

He knew enough to stab it in the first place...

7 hours ago, hugeblackdude said:

kinda weird how yall expect, at minimum, an mr8 to understand every facet of the game when the game itself doesnt explain it to us, he was clearly just curious, no need to bash him on that. Now if im wrong and hes mr12+, then yea going to the wiki should be first priority.

Thats true, nothing is explained, Ideally liches should start as its own quest with some hand-holding and explanation of the mechanics and parazon mods at first

10 hours ago, hugeblackdude said:

If a MR8 can understand the Helmith system he can understand the lich system. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

How is one supposed to understand before they even get to being able to do it? 

And to be fair this game has so many invasion mechanics with enemies coming at you in missions where every other one basically equates to "Kill = reward" so if you follow the logic that's presented in all other invasion mechanics it would be safe to assume (Unless explicitly told) that this other new invasion enemy follows a similar system of "kill = reward". But, it turns out it's a fairly intricate system that isn't really explained much at all and has a bit more to it than "kill = reward" and has temporary consequences until completed. 

If one is not prepared to fight liches, it is safe to say that the resources being taken is likely going to be a far greater impact on those who have no trouble fighting liches. Sure the stolen resources doesn't impact me, and I can get it back that day if I want. But, I'm not MR8. I'm not new to the game. I don't have the same value to my resources as someone at this stage would. It's probably best to disregard the amount being taken from you in this argument if you don't have trouble with liches as that is a different circumstance to OP's situation.

I can understand if they don't allow you to straight up cancel a lich though because you could farm ephemeras and quirks way easier. Just delete every lich until you have one. The best solution I can think of is a quest to introduce the process so you know what you're getting into.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Rocky_Rozae said:

It’s very unfair that we are being forced to kill a Kuva Lich. 

You are not.

I started the mission and didn’t even know what it was.

Yea, wf doesn't explain things very well or at all sometimes...

Now the Lich is taking over planets and taking my materials. 

tbf he takes very little , sometimes almost nothing

The missions that he takes over are extremely difficult and high level.  We should have an option to quit! 

You can just...not play them. Every node has two(or more) options. Just pick the normal mission and don't ever deal with the lich.

------------------
If you want to kill it tho.

I have a friend who is MR 7 and gets stuck on mid-planets because they have absolutely no idea how to actually mod their gear. I have tried explaining it and they do better than before, but there is no way they could take on a lich and if I wasn't there, they would probably spawn one.

A dismissal option once per week/month or even for the first lich with an in-game explaination on what they are and how they work would suffice. Or even just a "book" you can read after TWW. I don't understand why everyone some people seem to think a wiki should be the only place explaining anything in a game...

It baffles me that some people think that its okay for some random prompt without explanation to throw a Lich at a palyer who obviously doesn't have the means to fight it.

I wouldn't mind it being a surprise you messed up if it was locked to a space only players can reach that will be able to deal with a Lich. But as it is, that is clearly not he case.

There needs to be some sort of introduction, if it stays as it is. YOur frist Lich hunt being a quest could probably be agood start. So if you set your quest to inactive, the lich stops existing on your starchart, till you set it active again. Then somebody who "messed up" by pushing a button prompt can learn what Liches are about when they are ready for it without being impaired int hier progression towards being able to do get rid of it.

Moral of the story: If there is a button to be pushed or an object to be touched, players will do it. So you have to make sure that palyers can't break too much for themselves by doing that.

I "accidentally" made my first lich too. Personally I loved it, I wish more games would let you make mistakes (as long as it doesn't cause any lasting damage). Had some trouble with it, then I got Inaros and Liches became easymode. Protip: specters scale to the mission level and can do absurd damage to the liches with a proper setup.

13 hours ago, HeartPurity said:

DE should really set a higher MR requirement (MR 15 is ideal) for Kuva Lich, imagine a new player facing his lich, it will be very frustrating for him. And I agree with what OP said, give us an option to cancel the current active lich we have. 

Utterly exploitable, that's why it will never happen.

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Curious I can understand but just pressing X won't kill it, you have to hold it down for a bit.

well holding a button prompt doesnt exactly stop people from looking into new things, all it does is help older players that know the game be sure of their decision, a new player most likely wouldnt have the background knowledge for that, especially if learning game mechanics requires a lot of help from other players/3rd party sites

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

tbf he takes very little , sometimes almost nothing

if we assume he has no friends/clanmates helping him in game, then those little resources could be a lot since bps cost a fair amount, cant go thru the whole game using only mk-1 weapons and excal/excal umbra, and a new player wouldnt be hard farming every resource in the game like most of us would

2 hours ago, (XB1)Shodian said:

i know DE made it that way, but who actually thinks that? hell, you cant even get to deimos w/o completing certain parts of the other open worlds. by the time you can complete most of the 3 open worlds, youll be past mr8 and have better game sense, that most likely wouldnt happen before hand

1 minute ago, hugeblackdude said:

i know DE made it that way, but who actually thinks that? hell, you cant even get to deimos w/o completing certain parts of the other open worlds. by the time you can complete most of the 3 open worlds, youll be past mr8 and have better game sense, that most likely wouldnt happen before hand

I'm MR28 and a founder and I had more trouble with figuring out the Lich system than I did Helminth before it was even released. I personally think the helminth system is far easier to understand and is way more direct as to what it's doing so feel it's not even a good comparison.

19 minutes ago, hugeblackdude said:

if we assume he has no friends/clanmates helping him in game, then those little resources could be a lot since bps cost a fair amount, cant go thru the whole game using only mk-1 weapons and excal/excal umbra, and a new player wouldnt be hard farming every resource in the game like most of us would

What does friends/clanmates have to do with resources?
Also he takes some % of the stuff you get - so if you get only 20 of something in a mission he will "steal" 2 of it or something like that.
It really isn't that much if it isn't a riven for example, or some very important mod that he doesn't have.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

What does friends/clanmates have to do with resources

meaning he most likely has little to no assistance in regards to farming out every resource he needs

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Also he takes some % of the stuff you get - so if you get only 20 of something in a mission he will "steal" 2 of it or something like that

i dont know if they changed this cuz i havent touched liches in months, but i remember the resource tax would go up when your lich leveled up

Just now, hugeblackdude said:

but i remember the resource tax would go up when your lich leveled up

yes, it goes and it's still a % and barely noticeable even at max rank

Also there is the other thing - he steals only from his nodes so all and all if you don't touch him at all and leave him be you will have only 5-10 nodes he will steal from.

It always looks worse then it actually is, I don't know if it's because of the red label stolen or something.
I left one of mine alive for about 3-4 months and when I remembered he was there and killed him...the things I got from all this time were not so impactful tbh.
Most of them I could farm in half an hour or less and that's for a lot of time stealing.
The most "dangerous" thing would be a riven or something like this.

Archived