Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Us An Option To Quit Kuva Lich

(PSN)Rocky_Rozae

5 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

We need to add this particular topic to the forum bingo card, it's coming up more and more.

As for an actual answer, they will not make it so you can quit a lich because it will be far too exploitable OP. End of.

i dont really want to go against it buy why it will be exploitable? specially when this game is easily exploitable in the first place?

I do think they need to at least notify you about the lich or warn you so you dont go thru it if you are weak enough.

As for the quit lich mechanic could work if maybe you would have it like on a certain cooldown,like you have to wait a half week/full week or so after you quited your recent lich to be able to quit another.

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

yes, it goes and it's still a % and barely noticeable even at max rank

Also there is the other thing - he steals only from his nodes so all and all if you don't touch him at all and leave him be you will have only 5-10 nodes he will steal from.

It always looks worse then it actually is, I don't know if it's because of the red label stolen or something.
I left one of mine alive for about 3-4 months and when I remembered he was there and killed him...the things I got from all this time were not so impactful tbh.
Most of them I could farm in half an hour or less and that's for a lot of time stealing.
The most "dangerous" thing would be a riven or something like this.

but again tho, youre clearly well along enough that these resources dont matter, but from a new player perspective, these resources are worth a lot, also, if youre trying to complete the game, you cant just avoid the nodes as easily as an older player could, they steal resources from sorties, not to mention story missions

9 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

i dont really want to go against it buy why it will be exploitable? specially when this game is easily exploitable in the first place?

I do think they need to at least notify you about the lich or warn you so you dont go thru it if you are weak enough.

As for the quit lich mechanic could work if maybe you would have it like on a certain cooldown,like you have to wait a half week/full week or so after you quited your recent lich to be able to quit another.

Because, let's say I want an ephemera and I want a good magnetic Nukor. So firstly I spam capture missions till I get the weapon I want, using a frame that gives me a magnetic version. Next I check the stats, are they good enough? Will I need to fuse a bunch of them to get a 60%? More importantly did I get the ephemera? NO? No worries, remove lich and repeat. Get all the ephemera's in 1 day, remove their value from the market and have all kuva weapons 60% max no worries at all in a week. Congrats that's now completely dead content and the trade market and entire idea of trading lich's is now dead. 

Quitting only one a week wouldn't work either, people will just ignore the content for that week then try again, repeat until you get what you want, trading lich's will be dead in the water as will the content that they spent time on building albeit they could've done better and made lich's actually a challenge.

3 minutes ago, hugeblackdude said:

but again tho, youre clearly well along enough that these resources dont matter, but from a new player perspective, these resources are worth a lot, also, if youre trying to complete the game, you cant just avoid the nodes as easily as an older player could, they steal resources from sorties, not to mention story missions

Most of the star chart resources are common,lich unlocks after TWW so by that time youre good enough to get them resources.

You can avoid the lich becuase the lich will stay in only 1 planet if you dont face him and again most of the star chart are common and those that arent common are meh and still easy to get unless they are neurodes,argon crystals and orokin cells.

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Because, let's say I want an ephemera and I want a good magnetic Nukor. So firstly I spam capture missions till I get the weapon I want, using a frame that gives me a magnetic version. Next I check the stats, are they good enough? Will I need to fuse a bunch of them to get a 60%? More importantly did I get the ephemera? NO? No worries, remove lich and repeat. Get all the ephemera's in 1 day, remove their value from the market and have all kuva weapons 60% max no worries at all in a week, congrats that's now completely dead content and the trade market and entire idea of trading lich's is now dead. 

People even trade liches much these days? i saw them more active when people where gung-oh about collecting them weapons,now barely.

1 minute ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

You can avoid the lich becuase the lich will stay in only 1 planet if you dont face him and again most of the star chart are common and those that arent common are meh and still easy to get unless they are neurodes,argon crystals and orokin cells.

i understand that you can avoid it, but a new player is not likely to do so when they want to figure out the game, also, if a sortie or quest takes place on another planet, then avoiding the lich may not be possible

9 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

People even trade liches much these days? i saw them more active when people where gung-oh about collecting them weapons,now barely.

Yeh it still exists. And you're missing the bigger point of just entirely skipping their content by being able to get BiS straight away for each weapon and the ephemera collecting. They create content in the hopes of us playing it. If they allow us to skip it, their hours of development go to waste. It's not good business sense.

You guys being quite harsh saying its all his fault and he should know better etc. Have you never clicked something in a game without knowing what it does? I know I have. Its not exactly obvious that its going to spawn a high level enemy that steals your stuff unless youve happened to read about it beforehand. I mean it just gives you a promt about a weapon basically which, if anything, entices you to press it. Maybe it also says spawn lich cant remember but that doesn't tell anything if you dont know what it is. And theres SO much content in warframe its easy to forget parts of it even if you saw it somewhere before. 

That being said, I doubt they will let you get rid of it because otherwise you can just look what weapon he has and if theres ephemera and dump him if its not to your liking. Unless if they add some ridiculous tax to it maybe. 

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Because, let's say I want an ephemera and I want a good magnetic Nukor. So firstly I spam capture missions till I get the weapon I want, using a frame that gives me a magnetic version. Next I check the stats, are they good enough? Will I need to fuse a bunch of them to get a 60%? More importantly did I get the ephemera? NO? No worries, remove lich and repeat. Get all the ephemera's in 1 day, remove their value from the market and have all kuva weapons 60% max no worries at all in a week. Congrats that's now completely dead content and the trade market and entire idea of trading lich's is now dead. 

Quitting only one a week wouldn't work either, people will just ignore the content for that week then try again, repeat until you get what you want, trading lich's will be dead in the water as will the content that they spent time on building albeit they could've done better and made lich's actually a challenge.

I agree. 

I think allowing people to remove Liche's is using a nuke to fix a hole in the drywall type of solution anyways. 

There are so many solutions with less cascading effects that could be used. 

IMO, I think someone had a good point earlier in the thread somewhere that really, someone is only going to make the mistake of accidentally creating a lich without understanding what they are getting into once. After that it really is on you, you know what's up.

So, how about before someone can have liches spawn in mission for the first time, they have to go on some little mini quest? It could use recycled assets and be a pretty basic mission to save dev time, just need maybe a handful of more dialogue lines or something. Doesn't even have to be a quest in the actual menu, just one little mini mission or something that gives you a tutorial on it. 

Archived